littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requirement to leave Russia every 6 months for a "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa U.S. Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    As I understand the extension for expats (regarding the 6 month leaving requirement ) being able to stay in Russia is until December 15th. Has anyone heard if it will be further extended or if not will it be possible to leave the country and come back ?
    My understanding is that the border IN is closed for foreigners (don't know about permanent residents, but they are probably treated like Russian citizens) until the COVID situation gets back to normal. I'm hoping it gets worked out by May. I left in October (got a hotel at SVO - actually inside the terminal! - for only $35!).

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I know an American who is on a 3 year visa, he went (3weeks ago) to turkey and flew back same day, his Russian wife went with him ,he was allowed back in.

Other Americans on same the visa, are staying put.
    He was left back IN in early October? Perhaps Russia is open for foreigners again now that they have the COVID situation under control with SputnikV?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    He was left back IN in early October? Perhaps Russia is open for foreigners again now that they have the COVID situation under control with SputnikV?
    Yes, he was with his wife and showed proof of marriage and their child birth certificate.

Situation isn't under control just yet, few more months, let's hope...

My 3 year "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa will expire on June 6th. My intention is to get another 3 "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa (my Russian wife can invite me). In this case the standard procedure would be to leave Russia for the U.S. and to get the new visa at the Russian embassy in Washington DC (or the consulate in New York) then to fly back to Russia.

Does anyone know if they are letting American citizens with a new 3 year "ЧАСТНАЯ " obtained in the US return to Russia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    My 3 year "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa will expire on June 6th. My intention is to get another 3 "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa (my Russian wife can invite me). In this case the standard procedure would be to leave Russia for the U.S. and to get the new visa at the Russian embassy in Washington DC (or the consulate in New York) then to fly back to Russia.

Does anyone know if they are letting American citizens with a new 3 year "ЧАСТНАЯ " obtained in the US return to Russia ?
    You can but you will need to take notarized copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your wife's passport so Russian border guard will let you back into Russia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Moskvazayets (11-04-2021)

Does anyone have any recent experience of applying for a 3 year multiple entry "Private" visa (in 2020 or 2021) ?

It would be helpful to understand how the process is according to current conditions.

Also, has anyone noticed a difference when applying through either of these 2 approved visa centers:

1). RVC (Russian Visa Centre)

2). ILS-USA (Invisa Logistics Services)?

Also, has anyone noticed any difference between applying in New York City versus Washington DC ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

(OOPS, I've already responded to the OP.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12