littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: - Iron cross- crossed by two swords, anyone know from which Russia nregiment that is

- Iron cross- crossed by two swords, anyone know from which Russia nregiment that is

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...58561659471942

read also the comments on the post there. i only want to explain that it has for sure nothing to do with -Nazi - as one poster there suggests. PM me if you want..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...58561659471942

read also the comments on the post there. i only want to explain that it has for sure nothing to do with -Nazi - as one poster there suggests. PM me if you want..
    Ben, it's written on the arm strap - MP, military police, военная полиция. Former комендантские роты/взводы aka комендачи in Russian, - special details to keep order and rules on military bases or in big garnisons, often combined with civil population. Under command of military commandant of garnison or deputy of military base commander.
    Reorganised from those commamdant details into MP in 2011, so red cross with swords came from somewhere of defense ministry basements
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Ben, it's written on the arm strap - MP, military police, военная полиция. Former комендантские роты/взводы aka комендачи in Russian, - special details to keep order and rules on military bases or in big garnisons, often combined with civil population. Under command of military commandant of garnison or deputy of military base commander.
    Reorganised from those commamdant details into MP in 2011, so red cross with swords came from somewhere of defense ministry basements
    Andy thank you for the reply.I could indeed read that it is the MP, the military police. a question asked to me on FB why the -patch- on their upper arm, the ( Nazi?) Iron Cross with crossed swords. Are these the insignia of a specific regiment,thank you for explaining that. or maybe better asked, WHY the iron Cross and the swords UP. as it is known in heraldic, swords shown down it means -peace-. swords, or sabres up, it means - fight-.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

The symbol or what ever we should call it be this:
    YVO_Russia_medium_emblem.svg.png
    Appears to be MP from Southern Military District (Rostov-on-Don)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southe...itary_District
    More structure info on upper level https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Police_(Russia)

I think this is the right one:
    yuvo_military_police_patch_n23233.jpg
    Russian Southern Military District Police

Should we add a Google translation of the text from the thing?
    за службу на кавказе / for service in the Caucasus
    Last edited by Hans.KK; 29-05-2020 at 11:19.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    WHY the iron Cross....
    I had been trying to find some sort of history of that symbol without any luck so far, but the cross in it is for sure not an iron cross, look at the rounded ends, on an iron cross they are flat, but to some people that do not know better, they may look the same?

I am still in search for info on a symbol that I think must be a military one, it consist of a open book and two writing feathers, but still searching...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-05-2020)

It doesn’t take too many brains to figure out why the cross is such a common symbol in lands that had been Christian since the Dark Ages.
    Chesterton offers interesting philosophical commentary on the significance of the cross as a symbol:
    “As we have taken the circle as the symbol of reason and madness, we may very well take the cross as the symbol at once of mystery and of health. Buddhism is centripetal, but Christianity is centrifugal: it breaks out. For the circle is perfect and infinite in its nature; but it is fixed for ever in its size; it can never be larger or smaller. But the cross, though it has at its heart a collision and a contradiction, can extend its four arms for ever without altering its shape. Because it has a paradox in its centre it can grow without changing. The circle returns upon itself and is bound. The cross opens its arms to the four winds; it is a signpost for free travellers.”
    From one of the greatest books ever written by a single man.
    https://www.ccel.org/ccel/chesterton/orthodoxy.v.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-05-2020)