littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: anyone experienced any problems with YUHUU or FB during the day or last night?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,783
    Thanked: 4711

    anyone experienced any problems with YUHUU or FB during the day or last night?

    messages are all over the media. looks like the world is coming to an end. Yahoo was more in the -Western- world. while FB was supposed to be down in the - eastern- part of the globe?
    Another fake news or something real? maybe someone was working and digging up a wrong cable, lighting took out some electricity, a power overload and shut down? a server got overloaded and shit down? and the world had come to an end?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,435
    Thanked: 1265
    A day without Yahoo! and Fascist Book?

    Should be a national, no, worldwide holiday!
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 17-05-2020 at 11:20.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (17-05-2020), rusmeister (18-05-2020), Uncle Wally (22-05-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,642
    Thanked: 3275
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    A day without Yahoo! and Fascist Book?

    Should be a national, no, worldwide holiday!
    Allah o akbar!!!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (18-05-2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanked: 812
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    A day without Yahoo! and Fascist Book?
    I mange very well without both for weeks and sometimes months, but maybe that is why I then go to much to the Left, or was it Right what I did, I do not know, help me!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,435
    Thanked: 1265
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I mange very well without both for weeks and sometimes months, but maybe that is why I then go to much to the Left, or was it Right what I did, I do not know, help me!
    Go here, grasshopper, to be introduced to EIB (Excellence in Broadcasting)!

    https://www.rushlimbaugh.com
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (18-05-2020)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,642
    Thanked: 3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I mange very well without both for weeks and sometimes months
    Years, comrade! 8-) Yandex and RT rulezzzz and pedalezzzz!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    FB and YouTube at least host, however unwillingly, dissenting opinions, some of the time, when they are not too loud. But Yahoo is so over the top, I don't see how anyone "can even".

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (22-05-2020)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,435
    Thanked: 1265
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    FB and YouTube at least host, however unwillingly, dissenting opinions, some of the time, when they are not too loud. But Yahoo is so over the top, I don't see how anyone "can even".
    FB and Youtube are censoring anything that strays from government-approved therapy about Chinese coronavirus, under guise of "misinformation."
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

  13. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanked: 812
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    FB and Youtube are censoring anything that strays from government-approved therapy about Chinese coronavirus, under guise of "misinformation."
    Both are private company's, they have all the right to censoring all they want, nothing new here, no surprises too.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Both are private company's, they have all the right to censoring all they want, nothing new here, no surprises too.
    And as long as you think it ought to be censored, that won't bother you. The "they have the right" thing works only when they are really right to censor. If they censor truth about evils committed, then no, they don't have a right. You never have a right to do wrong.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanked: 812
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    And as long as you think it ought to be censored, that won't bother you.
    I think there should be no censorship anywhere, but that is not the way things works.


    The "they have the right" thing works only when they are really right to censor.
    They have the full right to remove/edit what ever they publish on their site, period.
    You can call it censorship or what ever you want, they still have that right, and in some cases that is not a right it is a duty required by law.


    If they censor truth about evils committed, then no, they don't have a right. You never have a right to do wrong.
    First of all, they should follow the law, and the law do not demand them in any way or flavour to tell about "evils committed" or "evils not committed", or evils at all, these things are just points of view in the eye of the beholder.

    They are required by law to remove certain stuff that the law consider as "wrong/illegal to publish", but how to determinate if something is fake or not, is not clear to me, but just to use own points of view may not cut the thing right, and it may even be so sneaky that there is no directly law that required them to remove certain stuff, it is most likely so that if they do not remove it, them self they can be punish for spreading what ever message it may be.

    And things get more muddy, it differ in-between country's what is considered as wrong/illegal to publish, different sites on the Internet handle this in different ways and sometimes it do not look pretty.

    Freedom of speech is not an absolute thing.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I think there should be no censorship anywhere, but that is not the way things works.
    Actually, I don't think you really think that. I can think of, in two shakes of a lamb’s tail, video or text that (assuming you to be a decent human being and not a monster) you would agree should be flat-out forbidden. A porn video of the rape of children or the dead, for instance. My point is, if ANYTHING at all should ever be censored, then it only matters whether we think the thing tolerable in society of not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    They have the full right to remove/edit what ever they publish on their site, period.
    You can call it censorship or what ever you want, they still have that right, and in some cases that is not a right it is a duty required by law.
    And if I establish that anything at all is intolerable for a society that wishes not to collapse, then you will be forced to agree that some “rights” cannot be granted as rights. A “right” to shout “Fire!” In a crowded theater, for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    First of all, they should follow the law, and the law do not demand them in any way or flavour to tell about "evils committed" or "evils not committed", or evils at all, these things are just points of view in the eye of the beholder.

    They are required by law to remove certain stuff that the law consider as "wrong/illegal to publish", but how to determinate if something is fake or not, is not clear to me, but just to use own points of view may not cut the thing right, and it may even be so sneaky that there is no directly law that required them to remove certain stuff, it is most likely so that if they do not remove it, them self they can be punish for spreading what ever message it may be.

    And things get more muddy, it differ in-between country's what is considered as wrong/illegal to publish, different sites on the Internet handle this in different ways and sometimes it do not look pretty.

    Freedom of speech is not an absolute thing.
    You speak about law. But again, I can show that law is no determiner of what is moral. It is only whatever a government in power can impose by force upon its people. The Holocaust in Germany was legal, and conducted by law. You can't treat the fact that something was made legal as being made thereby also moral. In order to know what is moral, and what is ultimately tolerable, you have to have truth about human nature. If you don’t, eventually you will legalize wicked things, and outlaw good things.

    So appealing to existing law anywhere proves nothing. You have to ask whether either the law or the thing it forbids or allows is moral or immoral, and why that is so.

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,266
    Thanked: 3845
    Free Speech is not a law but a God given right we are all born with. I don't need someone telling me what I can or can't read, watch, write or say. It's like way back when we found out the government watches, reads, listen to, everything we do they said "but if you are not doing anything wrong why worry? Because it's not you that decides what is right or wrong, they can think that you wanting to vote one way, and or change a law, or believe in something. My point is being proven, you are not allowed to say anything Facebook does not agree with. Since Facebook has crushed every other platform with the power they have gained. We are in big trouble when they are the last one standing. This Covid 19 crap is killing small business and we be left with only big business that can crush smaller start-ups.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,266
    Thanked: 3845
    I have heard that Reddit has finally started eating itself. The delete or ban all conservative post and let liberals run wild. This has led to people leaving because now people just post crap.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,783
    Thanked: 4711
    -freedom of speech and expression- two of the most misused sentences these days.

    putting a cross into a flask of urine - piss of Christ -, call it art. this is freedom of expression?
    standing on a square and shouting - the President, Kanzler, Prime minister is an arsehole, this is freedom of expression?
    dancing in a church and shouting obscenities, this is -a modern way of prayer-?
    Hiding behind the anonymity of a computer and keyboard does it give the right to call for murder and cause mayhem?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (22-05-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •