littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: article: How Russia’s Coronavirus Crisis Got So Bad

article: How Russia’s Coronavirus Crisis Got So Bad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

Italian Wine (26-05-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Politico...The Daily Beast...Yahoo...Washington Post

Does anyone read anything except extreme Leftist doggerel?

So much time now? Don't waste it reading scare-mongering, opinionated diatribes. Read this book, "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton ("Jurassic Park", etc.) , it will explain everything about the planet's descent into madness and fear.
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 20-05-2020 at 05:26.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

I think Michelle Berdy should stick to what she was doing until now. explain to foreigners the twists and quirks of Russian language.

the guy in the shop was just a dork, nothing else. on every door, next to every lift on every corner, on the internet, and if it was a foreigner who does not understand Russian, even here on this site, it is explained over and over again, what to do and what not. i will not go into -politics- to explain what and why what has happened, happens and will happen. you got TB,bronchitis or asthma and catch the bug and die, of what did one die. and how is that death counted? leaves indeed -spielraum-. -Here - the statistics say the -younger - generation is far more vulnerable do death then the old ones. are - we - more disciplined, don't go out, just with the dog... -there - it is the older and people with pre conditions who die... how come? -there - they are opening here and there and so forth. just to close after a few days because things got out of hand. ( if i save and show here every link about these articles, 10 pages will not be enough..). why would i wait in line for 4 hours just to get into IKEA and buy NOTHING in the end?why wait in line 3h at a -RAGSHOP- to buy 2 t shirts ( it was a bargain we just wanted a present for ourselves because we were so good and stayed at home, the reply to the reporter on ORF..how much were the t shirts?1 .99Euro. made in China....) Could or should one trust or believe the -government? everyone and their dog know the happenings with Austria's Kanzler Kurt in Tirol....Preaching -water- but filling himself up with - wine -.
    But what is missing most. the OWN brain, the own SELF CONTROL, the own COMMON SENSE. that is gone down the drain a long time ago....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Soft one:

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Preaching -water- but filling himself up with - wine -.
    Darum In vino veritas!

But what is missing most. the OWN brain, the own SELF CONTROL, the own COMMON SENSE. that is gone down the drain a long time ago....
    KAPITALIZOM!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Politico...The Daily Beast...Yahoo...Washington Post

Donald Duck, Lucky Luke, Tintin, Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, is that Left or Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Donald Duck, Lucky Luke, Tintin, Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, is that Left or Right?
    "Tintin in Sovjet" was right. Or wrong, depending on your politics

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (20-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Soft one:

At least he maintained his integrity, unlike the media today.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Darum In vino veritas!

KAPITALIZOM!
    New sign on the liquor store here:

"Keep social distance - one sip at a time."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (13-06-2020)

I think Michelle Berdy should stick to what she was doing until now. explain to foreigners the twists and quirks of Russian language.

the guy in the shop was just a dork, nothing else. on every door, next to every lift on every corner, on the internet, and if it was a foreigner who does not understand Russian, even here on this site, it is explained over and over again, what to do and what not. i will not go into -politics- to explain what and why what has happened, happens and will happen. you got TB,bronchitis or asthma and catch the bug and die, of what did one die. and how is that death counted? leaves indeed -spielraum-. -Here - the statistics say the -younger - generation is far more vulnerable do death then the old ones. are - we - more disciplined, don't go out, just with the dog... -there - it is the older and people with pre conditions who die... how come? -there - they are opening here and there and so forth. just to close after a few days because things got out of hand. ( if i save and show here every link about these articles, 10 pages will not be enough..). why would i wait in line for 4 hours just to get into IKEA and buy NOTHING in the end?why wait in line 3h at a -RAGSHOP- to buy 2 t shirts ( it was a bargain we just wanted a present for ourselves because we were so good and stayed at home, the reply to the reporter on ORF..how much were the t shirts?1 .99Euro. made in China....) Could or should one trust or believe the -government? everyone and their dog know the happenings with Austria's Kanzler Kurt in Tirol....Preaching -water- but filling himself up with - wine -.
    This reporter is a person who thinks Russians are bugs to be analyzed under a microscope, and who writes her articles from her hotel room, with information she gleans from Leftist think tanks like Levada. Statistics from agenda-driven Levada are suspect, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    "Tintin in Sovjet" was right. Or wrong, depending on your politics
    The book "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets" is a very early, maybe the first, and oddball Tintin book, I got a black/white version some years ago and I did not like it, but as a sort of history telling of the development of Tintin it is great.

This reporter is a person who thinks Russians are bugs to be analyzed under a microscope, and who writes her articles from her hotel room, with information she gleans from Leftist think tanks like Levada. Statistics from agenda-driven Levada are suspect, at best.
    Michelle berdy has lived in Moscow for decades. She is an awesome translator. But not a very nice person. She is very specific.

IMG_20200515_180612.jpg

From the other day.

First time I went to the store in 2 months.

I was blown away by the number of people walking around and in the store. People kept touching me. It was insane and almost like normal.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

swampwiz (30-05-2020)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Italian Wine (26-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    The book "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets" is a very early, maybe the first, and oddball Tintin book, I got a black/white version some years ago and I did not like it, but as a sort of history telling of the development of Tintin it is great.
    Do you still have it? Original b/w version could be quite valuable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast