littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Trump walks away from News Conference after Racist Chinese Reporter Plays Victim

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Trump walks away from News Conference after Racist Chinese Reporter Plays Victim

Governor "Crazy" Cuomo of New York, has started calling it the "European Virus".
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (12-05-2020)

Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post

Governor "Crazy" Cuomo of New York, has started calling it the "European Virus".
    Did Trump come back?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Did Trump come back?
    Back to reality? Do not think so, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Back to reality? Do not think so, sorry.
    Hi, Hans.
    I realize Trump is no Lincoln or Washington.
    But he is really not a retard, either. I’m curious as to why you, and so many who lean to the Left, think him merely stupid. A self-made billionaire who got elected President is anything but stupid. It really doesn’t add up. Crafty, maybe. Evil, maybe. But stupid? That view makes no sense to me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (16-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Hi, Hans.
    But he is really not a retard, either. Iím curious as to why you, and so many who lean to the Left, think him merely stupid. A self-made billionaire who got elected President is anything but stupid. It really doesnít add up. Crafty, maybe. Evil, maybe. But stupid? That view makes no sense to me.
    I do not think Trump is either retarded or stupid, he is not self-made billionaire, he have inherited a lot of values, and had manage to hire the right people to manage his money, the same hired people are the ones that clean up after him when he screw up something, and he have enough money to clean a lot.

My problem with him is that what he say today may differ from what he said yesterday, and tomorrow he may even contradict it all one more time. On top of that he have no respect for anybody else, he is what you call a plain ordinary asshole.

I too think, and hope, he will be reelected.

Hi, Hans.
    But he is really not a retard, either. I’m curious as to why you, and so many who lean to the Left, think him merely stupid. A self-made billionaire who got elected President is anything but stupid. It really doesn’t add up. Crafty, maybe. Evil, maybe. But stupid? That view makes no sense to me.
    I have asked the same question on a few other comment sections or discussion groups. I never receive rational answer. It's usually an accusation of racism or sexism, for Trump or anyone who supports him, or on any issue.

I think the reason the Left can't provide accurate or historical reasons for their views is that the Left sees contemporary issue with blinders on. They have no exposure to alternative viewpoints, so their view is entirely shaped by the media they have access to or choose to read/view.

When I moved from New York to Florida, I noticed there was a divergence in opinion on contemporary social issues, evident in the editorials in the newspapers. I would get the New York Times or Washington Post at the newspaper store on weekends. The Tampa Tribune was the local newspaper. The editorials - the NYT and WaPo were abandoning Christian-based morality, altering their traditional ethics, and formulating, as replacement, a new system of "values," while the Tampa Tribune posed editorial questions based on the traditional framework of ethics and morality. Nowadays, of course, all of the major newspapers are far Left. You have to go to the newspaper of a small village here in Kansas to find traditional views. Every city newspaper just reprints stores from the AP, which of course is far-Left, owned by a Mexican oligarch. The writers and editorialists, both syndicate and local, are mostly snowflake-university graduates.

Even today, I still am exposed to views from both sides. I can listen to a radio talk-show for an hour, but on the 00:30, and at the top of hour, there is the network "news" - blatantly, virulently anti-Trump, and diametrically opposed to everything the talk show host has discussed. Or the "news" will simply be mute about (or censor) certain issues.

The Left, however, never hears the other side. Talk-show hosts are dismissed as "racists" or "sexists", or silenced, as in Western Europe. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Google are well on the way to stifling all dissent from their Progressive values and views. It's becoming very difficult to find opposing views using Google search. The good Leftist says, "Well, I don't want to listen to a bigot!" He would not understand how others could possibly hold differing opinions. He dismisses contrary opinions as "prejudice" or "bigotry."

So, for the Left, it is an impossibility for them to self-analyze or rationally comment on their own stance, because they are unable to compare it to the other side, since they do not acknowledge or are unaware of, not only the reasoned opinions of the other side, but suppressed or censored factual data.

Presented with a daily media menu of hatred, and justifications for this hatred, toward Trump, the Left or the Leftist media reader naturally comes to despise Trump.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (16-05-2020), rusmeister (16-05-2020)

I'll vote for Trump again despite him being the most controversial and unorthodox president in American history. He gets the job done as a president but he needs to lay off using Twitter.

I won't vote for Biden due to him being senile and he's more likely to die in office. He is also involved in rape scandal, obamagate and he doesn't have the leadership skills.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (16-05-2020), rusmeister (16-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    I'll vote for Trump again despite him being the most controversial and unorthodox president in American history. He gets the job done as a president but he needs to lay off using Twitter.

I won't vote for Biden due to him being senile and he's more likely to die in office. He is also involved in rape scandal, obamagate and he doesn't have the leadership skills.
    The main issue is that there is so little choice and no quality candidates which is incredulous for a country of 331 million citizens (minus children etc)..........
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (16-05-2020), nicklcool (16-05-2020), Remington (16-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I do not think Trump is either retarded or stupid, he is not self-made billionaire, he have inherited a lot of values, and had manage to hire the right people to manage his money, the same hired people are the ones that clean up after him when he screw up something, and he have enough money to clean a lot.

My problem with him is that what he say today may differ from what he said yesterday, and tomorrow he may even contradict it all one more time. On top of that he have no respect for anybody else, he is what you call a plain ordinary asshole.

I too think, and hope, he will be reelected.
    Thanks!
    I do think you are mistaken on a couple of points: he is certainly a billionaire, and if his family was moderately wealthy, they did not earn his billions for him. If you hire the right people to manage your money, that is an indicator of intelligence, not foolishness. He may be "an asshole", an awful lot of people are. He no doubt contradicts himself on occasion. So does over half the planet. What is curious is that you evince evident disdain for the man well beyond what seems warranted by what you describe. If you want to bring out talking points of the Left to say what a terrible man he is, I'd have to say that that proves nothing, as we can go back through all previous presidents quite a long ways and find reasons to despise things they have done. And yet, I doubt other Republican presidents, such as Nixon, Ronald Reagan, or even George W. Bush draw as much despite and anger, though I can find plenty to criticize in them, to say nothing of Democrats like Bill Clinton or Obama.

I, too, hope he will be re-elected; while I don't think him a first-class statesman, I think he sticks in the craw of most of the political elite in Washington, who have been purchased by other billionaires, as have the mass media publications, who send their cronies, not to conduct honest journalism, but simply to smear Trump. He says what he thinks. If he has a relatively small mind, I find that vastly preferable to the mendacity of the smooth liar who lies in a debonair fashion and hardly ever says what he really thinks, but rather, only what he wants his listeners to believe, and Obama is the "best" of that type we've had in decades.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (16-05-2020)

The main issue is that there is so little choice and no quality candidates which is incredulous for a country of 331 million citizens (minus children etc)..........
    No, that's not the main issue. The main issue is that we may vote only on candidates, and not the policies themselves. The upshot of that is that we never get the policies we really want. or rather, tiny minorities get them in spite of the majorities. That's why we effectively have minority rule in the West. It is they who invented the idea of "tyranny of the majority", which ought to be concerned about minimal basic protection of the rights of minorities, but is actually used to overturn and oppress the majorities.

"We have not got real Democracy when the decision depends upon the people. We shall have real Democracy when the problem depends upon the people. The ordinary man will decide not only how he will vote, but what he is going to vote about."
    "A certain alternative is put before them by the powerful houses and the highest political class. Two roads are opened to them; but they must go down one or the other. They cannot have what they choose, but only which they choose. "
    "But a huge apparatus of wealth, power, and printed matter has made it practically impossible for them to bring home these other proposals, even if they would really prefer them. "

"So that the situation comes to this: The democracy has a right to answer questions, but it has no right to ask them. It is still the political aristocracy that asks the questions. And we shall not be unreasonably cynical if we suppose that the political aristocracy will always be rather careful what questions it asks. And if the dangerous comfort and self-flattery of modern England continues much longer there will be less democratic value in an English election than in a Roman saturnalia of slaves.

For the powerful class will choose two courses of action, both of them safe for itself, and then give the democracy the gratification of taking one course or the other. The lord will take two things so much alike that he would not mind choosing from them blindfold–and then for a great jest he will allow the slaves to choose."
    GKC, "The Voter and the Two Voices"
    https://chestertonian.com/2017/03/13...he-two-voices/

It's interesting that in 2016, the powerful class abandoned this principle, so sure they were that Hilary would be elected. They will not make that mistake again for a long time, I think.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

bydand (16-05-2020), nicklcool (16-05-2020), Remington (16-05-2020)

Thanks!
    I do think you are mistaken on a couple of points: he is certainly a billionaire, and if his family was moderately wealthy, they did not earn his billions for him.
    I read years ago, have no link or proof, that if Trump invested the money he inherited in the S&P 500 index(simple), he would be richer today. Personally, I think he is a narcissist, but care not, because I also believe the POTUS doesn't "run" the country, nor has as much power as many might believe.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (16-05-2020), rusmeister (16-05-2020), TolkoRaz (17-05-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Incredulous thing, or intricate part of a bigger plan ??
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!