littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Pope Francis said there is no - hell-. and, apparently, neither did jesus say there is hell or heaven.

Pope Francis said there is no - hell-. and, apparently, neither did jesus say there is hell or heaven.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jesus-rea...173203705.html

so was it only -invented - to frighten the -believers-?
    or telling kids, when you are good you go to heaven?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

The writer is an idiot, who makes up stuff, has no real scholarship, let alone the traditional scholarship of the major forms of either Christian or Judaic faith. He WANTS his self-made-up version to be true. But things are true on an ultimate basis of authority, or they are false, seeking to subvert or bypass that authority.

This is like having a mediocre high school student who got into the first year of a physics course in the Ivy League because his parents have money to comment on the ultimate nature of quantum physics, to do what even PhD’s have a hard time with, and then to smile with pride at his made-up nonsense that has no real foundation in the science, but which suckers might believe to be intelligent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (10-05-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Bennie, PLEASE stop reading Yahoo, it's a playground for the journalistically-challenged, it's dangerous to your mental health, and it numbs the brain after a while...
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Bennie, PLEASE stop reading Yahoo, it's a playground for the journalistically-challenged, it's dangerous to your mental health, and it numbs the brain after a while...
    reading doe not do any harm, to the contrary it educates. only when one starts to believe everything that is written or tries to convince others it is true, then it becomes dangerous...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    reading doe not do any harm, to the contrary it educates. only when one starts to believe everything that is written or tries to convince others it is true, then it becomes dangerous...
    Well, you're contradicting yourself in saying that "it educates", followed immediately by the suggestion to doubt that education. Either it educates, that is, gives you a true view of the nature of things, or it doesn't. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Well, you're contradicting yourself in saying that "it educates", followed immediately by the suggestion to doubt that education. Either it educates, that is, gives you a true view of the nature of things, or it doesn't. Which is it?
    i read. it does not mean i will be more clever at the end of a book. i also can read for my own entertainment, because something interests me or just so. without - educating - myself. just reading, and once the book is back in the shelf or when reading on the Internet, i switch off, in both senses. and do something else.

At the risk of making everybody mad at me...

MAD-Magazine-Yungbluth-T-Rex_5576fabd53dd78.49649353.jpg
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (11-05-2020), Hans.KK (10-05-2020), rusmeister (10-05-2020)

Like trying to get intelligent data from Yahoo!

MAD-Magazine-Drapes_59d2575bd46126.96827193.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (11-05-2020)