littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Buying From Amazon In Russia?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    106
    Thanked: 10

    Buying From Amazon In Russia?

    Hello everyone, I want to buy a very expensive laptop from amazon, My question is does Amazon deliver Laptop to Russia?
    Because I heard Some Item could be lost in Russia Post, is this true?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanked: 806
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello everyone, I want to buy a very expensive laptop from amazon, My question is does Amazon deliver Laptop to Russia?
    Amazon is not one seller, it is a sales platform for many sellers, some will ship to Russia others not, you can see this when you had logon to amazon and chosen your delivery address.


    Because I heard Some Item could be lost in Russia Post, is this true?
    Yes, things get lost in the postage service in Russia just like in any other country, but it is way better today than 15-20 years ago. Some sellers offer COD.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    AlexD (28-04-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,774
    Thanked: 4710
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello everyone, I want to buy a very expensive laptop from amazon, My question is does Amazon deliver Laptop to Russia?
    Because I heard Some Item could be lost in Russia Post, is this true?
    Amazon i believe is is using a courier service. if they are any better then Russian mail? And as Hans pointed out, Amazon is only the moneymaker, not the producer of the computer, or anything else. why not look around here in Russia first, on the internet, Mediamarkt, or the likes. and get it delivered here by courier. even have a look at Avito. it is not only -from hand to hand -. but also many big shops have offers there...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    AlexD (28-04-2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanked: 627
    I wouldn't.

    I used to buy from Amazon and have things delivered to my office. It was great. I would pay the extra $100 for speedy delivery, order it Monday, and have it 95% by Wednesday/Thursday and still save money.

    Then, one day, that idea broke down. My stuff started getting jammed up in customs. I would have to send copies of my passport and reciepts via email. It started taking longer and longer to get stuff. Now, you will prob have to pay heavy taxes on whatever you are buying. And you warranty won't work in Russia. Get a Russian computer, and it will work here.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    AlexD (28-04-2020), Benedikt (29-04-2020), Hans.KK (28-04-2020)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,265
    Thanked: 3845
    Better to check out E- Katalog, I bought my Samsung Galaxy A 51, 6gb ram, 128 for 18,000 rubles when they were going for 24,000 in stores, my phone works great, and even got an original Samsung cover for 400 rubles, they go for 1900 at the Samsung store. E-Katalog can help you find any electronic device.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    AlexD (28-04-2020), Benedikt (29-04-2020)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    106
    Thanked: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Amazon i believe is is using a courier service. if they are any better then Russian mail? And as Hans pointed out, Amazon is only the moneymaker, not the producer of the computer, or anything else. why not look around here in Russia first, on the internet, Mediamarkt, or the likes. and get it delivered here by courier. even have a look at Avito. it is not only -from hand to hand -. but also many big shops have offers there...
    I have been researching for a month where to buy a laptop in Russia, I already checked Russian biggest online shop website like DNS-SHOP, citilink.ru, notik.ru, I found that they not selling High End 2020 Laptop, They only selling 2019 models.
    Another important thing I realized is that Buying a laptop from Amazon is very cheaper than Buying a laptop in Russia. for example a 1500$ HP laptop is 190,000 P ( 2565$ ) in Russia.

  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanked: 806
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    I found that they not selling High End 2020 Laptop,
    What is a "High End 2020 Laptop"? What specifications had change that much that one need to have a 2020 model instead of a 2019 model?

    The thing I had see in the laptop marked in Russia is that many brands apparently make the models to only the Russian (east European market) and it is not just the keyboard layout I had seen that differ it also internal stuff too, a bit strange they could just had slammed in a Russian keyboard on an already existing model, I figure that the Russian marked is not ideal for the newest and most hot in IT goodies?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (29-04-2020), TheInterocitor (29-04-2020)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    106
    Thanked: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    What is a "High End 2020 Laptop"? What specifications had change that much that one need to have a 2020 model instead of a 2019 model?
    Big difference, 2020 model Have very thin bezel but 2019 has thick bezel, 2020 model have more battery life (20 Hour ) but 2019 have only (7 Hour ) and 2020 Laptop came with 10th Gen Intel CPU and 300HZ Display refresh rate
    I am a sensitive gamer and I want to buy only 2020 model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK;
    The thing I had see in the laptop marked in Russia is that many brands apparently make the models to only the Russian (east European market) and it is not just the keyboard layout I had seen that differ it also internal stuff too, a bit strange they could just had slammed in a Russian keyboard on an already existing model, I figure that the Russian marked is not ideal for the newest and most hot in IT goodies?
    I think there is not big Demand in Russia for buying a high end laptop.
    And do you think that different internal stuff in east European market is better than west market or not? You mean better quality or what?

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,774
    Thanked: 4710
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    I have been researching for a month where to buy a laptop in Russia, I already checked Russian biggest online shop website like DNS-SHOP, citilink.ru, notik.ru, I found that they not selling High End 2020 Laptop, They only selling 2019 models.
    Another important thing I realized is that Buying a laptop from Amazon is very cheaper than Buying a laptop in Russia. for example a 1500$ HP laptop is 190,000 P ( 2565$ ) in Russia.
    what is the latest and newest? and not only on a computer. if it is not something SENSATIONAL new, that they flaunt all over the place, it might be a new -cover- a handle from left to right instead from right to the left. same as with cars or other -newest- things. new paint job, a few new -minimum- gadgets, but the -inside - is all the same as last years. not wanting you to discourage, maybe when the situation gets a little bit better, have you checked the SAVELOVSKY Computer market. ( grey metro line, station with the same name, one exit only, just follow the - lemmings-. they are opening from 10 am only. once they will open again. one can assume they are closed now?)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanked: 1261
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello everyone, I want to buy a very expensive laptop from amazon, My question is does Amazon deliver Laptop to Russia?
    Because I heard Some Item could be lost in Russia Post, is this true?
    A couple of years ago, I noticed that when I shipped Ebay item to Russia, it is tracked, from my door to the Russian door. The tracking systems are integrated, which is good for me, because if it gets lost in Russia, then I don't have to provide refund.

    The Russian customer also has access to tracking info (everyone does) so he can go to Post office and say, "Where's my item?"

    What I worry about is if they leave you a slip of paper in your apartment building row of mailboxes, a paper to indicate the item is ready for pickup at the Post office, that slip of paper may disappear, or slip out of mailbox, and someone will think it is paper litter and throw it away.

    I don't know how Amazon ships overseas, but I don't trust them. When I sell an item on Amazon, I do not use their shipping service, I print my own shipping labels using Paypal. Amazon's latest greedy move is to hold the customer's money from me, for 10 days after the item has been delivered, which is good for the buyer, so he can file "undelivered" complaint.

    If you are buying from Amazon, get in touch with the seller and ask questions. Amazon does not like buyers to talk to sellers, but it can be done. See if there is insurance, and it the item is tracked. If it comes from China, it is not tracked.

    If you buy on Ebay, you can see where the seller is located, but not on Amazon. Yes, I don't like Amazon. On ebay, if (when) I have a problem, I just call them. Amazon does not like to have you call them, so they hide their phone numbers.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dinskaya, Krasnodarskiy Kray, Russia
    Posts
    136
    Thanked: 96
    Isn't there also the issue now that you have to provide your INN to customs (usually via the local delivery company) so that they can track the value of goods that an individual is importing over the course of a year and tax him/her once a threshold has been reached?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •