littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in a Betting Mood?

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Anyone in a Betting Mood?

(I'm looking at you, RL)

So the president yesterday extended the voluntary quarantine (curfew) until May 12th.

Very interesting that a few other countries have mentioned this date as their extension of the voluntary Quarantines; it's almost as if the same secret societies are controlling all of our countries.

Wally's analysis kind of came true today in that the number of deaths reported today was really high, just in time to justify the government's extension.

And then this gem, now the "experts" say the epidemic won't be done in Russia til August at the earliest (as I recall, before now their prediction was July??) (Sorry, the article is in Russian)

https://yandex.ru/turbo/s/regnum.ru/...&new_overlay=1

So, when do you think the voluntary Quarantine will end? My money's still on September, as nothing has changed to cause me to think otherwise.

What do you all think?

Anyone want to make it more interesting? 😏
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (30-04-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    ...the number of deaths reported today was really high, just in time to justify the government's extension.

And then this gem, now the "experts" say the epidemic won't be done in Russia til August at the earliest...
    It is now almost impossible for anyone in the general public or general medical community to know the actual number of deaths from COVID-19. That is because sometime in March US hospitals started testing all ER patients and every patient who died, regardless of cause of death, for COVID-19. Those patients are being included by the media in COVID-19 death tolls. Yes, a victim of a car accident brought to a US ER who passes away will be tested for COVID-19.

On April 2nd, 2020, the National Vitals Statistics System, which is part of the CDC, provided new guidance regarding the issuing of death certificates. COVID-19 was to be listed if it was assumed to cause or contribute to a death. For example, if someone dies from pneumonia, respiratory distress, or COPD, and has exhibited coronavirus symptoms, their certificate will list COVID-19 as a presumed contributing factor. Since shortness of breath, fever, and/or cough will be exhibited in all respiratory illnesses, every such death could potentially be recorded as a COVID-19 fatality. This certainly appears to be happening across the board. We have never seen any disease handled in this way.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-04-2020)

So, when do you think the voluntary Quarantine will end? My money's still on September, as nothing has changed to cause me to think otherwise.
    That is a hard one, I go for September too, but it depend on how the spreading, and death toll, is evolving.
    But sooner or later they may choose to open up in what they will call a controlled way, simply because it will be to damaging for the economy to stay closed (the VIP business men is not making enough money), let's hope the spread rate will be, and stay, low at that point in time.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-04-2020), Uncle Wally (30-04-2020)

the -experts- claim, there will be a second wave, next winter, and it will be worse then this one.
    but whatever it will be, it is impossible, might that be in the EU,Russia, the USA or wherever, to keep people cooped up during summer month. ( there is somewhere an article in the news, sale of SHASHLIK things, like charcoal, grills, shashlik sticks and the likes,went up three and fourfold the last few days...)
    but i think, as Hans said, you keep a country locked down, everything will just collapse. or blow up. and first will be the people.social distancing might work in a supermarket. but try to do that on a bus, in the metro,on a tram during rush hour... people also need to go to work, they need money.no government can pay them compensation for sitting at home -doing nothing-, for a long time. sure they can roll the printing presses and make money. but to what effect?
    people know that one day or the other they will die,one way or the other. maybe if it will be drilled into their heads every say from the media, radio,TV or whatever, they might keep some precautions, but people want to get out! and ME is one of the first ones! i am walking our dog about 10 t0 15 km every day. and we envoy that. now i am supposed to walk him onto the children's playground, a strip of soil between the road and a fence, in front of the clinic. because this is all there is, 100 m from our house? and we are one of many...
    - we - will just accept our fate, but i think comes summer no one will want to be without work, stay inside all day long, get codes to go shopping, plan a trip to the dacha already the night before. we will take what life throws at us...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (30-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    ... i am walking our dog about 10 to 15 km every day...
    Marathon pooch!
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

The government bureaucrats who lounge in their luxurious $1000 leather armchairs do not seem to realize that closing food processing plants will ultimately lead to death by starvation.

They demand that everyone stay in their house. How are the people who make bread, who process meat, the truck drivers who deliver milk eggs, etc. supposed to do that if they are not allowed to work?

The bureaucrats can boast they saved lives from coronavirus by forcing the food factories closed, and media will ignore the diminishment in the heath of the proletariat as they are forced to remain inside, and can not even get food.

Let them eat Hostess Twinkies! (That's what they make here)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    The government bureaucrats who lounge in their luxurious $1000 leather armchairs do not seem to realize that closing food processing plants will ultimately lead to death by starvation.

They demand that everyone stay in their house. How are the people who make bread, who process meat, the truck drivers who deliver milk eggs, etc. supposed to do that if they are not allowed to work?

The bureaucrats can boast they saved lives from coronavirus by forcing the food factories closed, and media will ignore the diminishment in the heath of the proletariat as they are forced to remain inside, and can not even get food.

Let them eat Hostess Twinkies! (That's what they make here)
    Ummm, they could designate some companies, facilities and jobs "essential" and allow them to operate?

Which, Ummm, every country and jurisdiction I'm aware of has done?

There might be specifics that differ from place to place, but closure of food production and delivery and distribution by government is fairly rare as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    Ummm, they could designate some companies, facilities and jobs "essential" and allow them to operate?

Which, Ummm, every country and jurisdiction I'm aware of has done?

There might be specifics that differ from place to place, but closure of food production and delivery and distribution by government is fairly rare as far as I can tell.
    The government had no plans to take over food distribution. The media/Progressives/Leftist Governors were demanding the shutdown of all meat-packing plants a couple of days ago, crying about the the spread of this end-of-the-world disease, and then they realized that would snap the food chain into a pile of disconnected rusty links. Although the vegans have no worries.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (30-04-2020)

I was supposed to be on one of the last flights out of Moscow. Flying to Paris, then Los Angeles. With my kids.

Got to the airport, and plans changed. I even had the tickets in my hand. I cancelled the reservations on the app (cuz, I showed up a few hours earlier since it was an international flight) and just now only got a confirmation that the flight reservation was cancelled! lol

They said the reservation had been cancelled but since I had booked a cheap ticket, the tickets were non-refundable.

HOWEVER,

The email said-
    Air France is allowing me to use the value of my ticket towards a new flight, if it is booked on the same airline, and the same passengers have to be on the new ticket.

AND

THE TICKET MUST BE ON SEPT 19, 2020.......

So, fingers crossed!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    That is a hard one, I go for September too, but it depend on how the spreading, and death toll, is evolving.
    But sooner or later they may choose to open up in what they will call a controlled way, simply because it will be to damaging for the economy to stay closed (the VIP business men is not making enough money), let's hope the spread rate will be, and stay, low at that point in time.
    Russians are starting to protest so I think the government will lighten up on things in May. The park in my small town was not full but it never is but there were a lot of people walking around. Groups of kids walking around, babushki talking on the street.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

The government had no plans to take over food distribution. The media/Progressives/Leftist Governors were demanding the shutdown of all meat-packing plants a couple of days ago, crying about the the spread of this end-of-the-world disease, and then they realized that would snap the food chain into a pile of disconnected rusty links. Although the vegans have no worries.
    That's because Democrats are trying to make people suffer as much as they can so they can steal the election. This Nancy Pelosi is a real piece of work, holding things up and then blaming it on Trump when we all know whose responsible.

You are wrong about vegans too, they will be eating grass because vegetables still need to be picked and processed then trucked, mostly from California. Farmers are already destroying crops because restaurants closed and they were the biggest buyers. Russia just put a hold on all grain exports.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

The government bureaucrats who lounge in their luxurious $1000 leather armchairs .......

La-z-boys are that price....

my grandpa had one, and he was hardly a government bigwig.

I'm just yanking yer chain ;b

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Russians are starting to protest so I think the government will lighten up on things in May. The park in my small town was not full but it never is but there were a lot of people walking around. Groups of kids walking around, babushki talking on the street.

Think again, Wally, the Russian God (oops I mean bureaucrat) Popova says that only outdoor jogs and walks in groups of 2-3 people, with "proper social distancing" WILL BE ALLOWED at first.

https://yandex.ru/turbo/s/kommersant..._medium=mobile

I guess I have to qualify my bet proposal:

When I say that the voluntary mandatory Quarantine won't end until September, I mean that the majority of these new restrictions will be lifted, not just some baby steps taken.

Although I can see now that the State is hoping to keep some of these measures around permanently (which ones?), just like all of us (and especially we Americans) have accepted certain liberty-grabs as permanent after 9/11.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (01-05-2020)

Think again, Wally, the Russian God (oops I mean bureaucrat) Popova says that only outdoor jogs and walks in groups of 2-3 people, with "proper social distancing" WILL BE ALLOWED at first.

https://yandex.ru/turbo/s/kommersant..._medium=mobile

I guess I have to qualify my bet proposal:

When I say that the voluntary mandatory Quarantine won't end until September, I mean that the majority of these new restrictions will be lifted, not just some baby steps taken.

Although I can see now that the State is hoping to keep some of these measures around permanently (which ones?), just like all of us (and especially we Americans) have accepted certain liberty-grabs as permanent after 9/11.
    I don't see what good that stuff will do when it's just going to start over in October. They still haven't canceled next year's flu season. I think schools will open beginning of August, by June people will be back at work.

What do you all think?

It is hard to say, I don't trust the official statistics at all. Basically, I have zero information and no reliable sources where to get it. This is the price one pays for living in a totalitarian state.
    What is interesting, here in SPb there is zero quarantine. Some shops aren't working, the bars are closed, other than that - nothing has changed. Some youngsters are playing basketball under my windows as I am typing this. Only one out of like five-seven people wears a mask in public. In Tatarstan where my uncle lives they need to get a QR code to leave their apartment to get their groceries (only one hour allowed!), etc. Huge fines are imposed for every wrong move. People are arrested for walking alone in a park. It is worse than a curfew. See below a video from another Russian city. Pure madness. No quarantine has been declared and almost no one is getting any financial support from the state, so I am not sure according to what law it is all organized. It seems to be illegal and unconstitutional.
    On the whole, I expect a very hot autumn. Dollar has to be well over 100 rubles now, they are holding it by burning reserves. As I understand, first they want to pass the new constitution then they will let it fly. Hyperinflation will follow. They may be tempted to "use" the bank accounts of ordinary Russians like Kudrin suggested. Almost all Russians I know are impoverished and now without any source of income. If they have older parents their pensions keep them alive but it is close to impossible for like five people to survive on usd150 per month. Wild times ahead. The inevitable is approaching, Covid has served as an accelerating booster. I get by and am well prepared for what is to come, I have been making disaster-based scenario preparations for many years, but most Russians are clueless and disoriented. Not a single Russian I know took my words seriously. Many are still laughing, going to barbecues to roast their last chunk of pork they can afford and are hoping their life will get back to normal after the "self-isolation". The time is ripe to smell the coffee. I trust in autumn even the dumbest Russian will see the bigger picture, regardless of when the "self-isolation regime" is lifted.

Last edited by Russian Lad; 03-05-2020 at 18:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast