littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: -Vestel - washing machine from Turkey. anyone has one or heard of that name before?

-Vestel - washing machine from Turkey. anyone has one or heard of that name before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTDhKK9NabU

any experiences, pluses or minuses? any comment will be appreciated.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

It is a brand holding company, they have a tons of brands that they control, that is, you need to know the exact model (maybe even serial number too) just to start tracking where in hell is this thing made, what country, plant etc. If you have trade knowledge about this you may know what plants produce good units.

But you cant be sure that a given brand of house hold equipment is made by the brand on the front label on the device, sorry.
    Different manufactures place what ever brand name on the device as the customer want, to me some of Vestel washing machines looks to be re-branded LG units (or LG get their machines from Vestel?).

I think the most important is not the brand name but the way you operate the damn thing, because they are almost all computer controlled then the idea/philosophy behind the operation can be very different and some are easy to operate, and others are impossible to figure out "how to wash my closes, thank you", man some times you need to be an airline pilot just to read the user instruction. I often go for the bigger brands because then I can often get a user manual in a language I can understand, I also look for a service manual with a spare parts list and schematic, if these are possibly to get, then I think the manufacture had designed the unit with longevity and service in mind, if I cant find these then I thing it is a "buy, use, and throw away unit".

[QUOTE=Hans.KK;1492521]It is a brand holding company, they have a tons of brands that they control, that is, you need to know the exact model (maybe even serial number too) just to start tracking where in hell is this thing made, what country, plant etc. If you have trade knowledge about this you may know what plants produce good units.

Hans thank you for the quick reply, it is appreciated. on the net there are 3 films, advertising from Vestel, where they come from and what they make and whereto they export. - Vestel City - 16 000 people are working there.
    But what i actually wanted to know, who has one of these machines, how do they work, what kinds of problems might creep up during or after the guarantee period. do they work - guarantee and one day - or longer. ( we have a SILTAL machine now for almost 20 years, still works.. factory has long ago closed, but the -insides- are mostly Bosch, so belts or smaller parts can still be had with no problem.but 3 kr got to small now...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....