littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 1st reading, dual citizenship for foreigners, without giving up their own,approved!

1st reading, dual citizenship for foreigners, without giving up their own,approved!

There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (17-04-2020), rusmeister (17-04-2020), xp@ (17-04-2020), xt-tsi (17-04-2020)

It was the second reading today. There will be a third. All of the documents are here, including the draft of amendments to the existing law. https://sozd.duma.gov.ru/bill/938282-7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

BigBear (17-04-2020)

so what happens after this?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    so what happens after this?
    If you have the time, try to read on here: http://duma.gov.ru/en/news/28319/
    There will be a picture like this:
    There may come a green ring, click in it and see the rest of the "thing".

Did I pass the test in Russian law with the highest mark? No, so I could be wrong, it happens now and then.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...itizens-a70036
    it is done. no one was against it. it is sent to VV for his signature. and will be law.90 days after he signs it...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (17-04-2020), BigBear (18-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    If you have the time, try to read on here: http://duma.gov.ru/en/news/28319/
    There will be a picture like this:
    There may come a green ring, click in it and see the rest of the "thing".

Did I pass the test in Russian law with the highest mark? No, so I could be wrong, it happens now and then.
    I'm american. I need pictures. Preferbally starting marvel characters.

Thnx.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (19-04-2020), xt-tsi (18-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...itizens-a70036
    it is done. no one was against it. it is sent to VV for his signature. and will be law.90 days after he signs it...
    Thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-04-2020)

So, can I just jump straight to citizenship? Do I have to get the green card?

Aside from all the Legal mumbo jumbo, what's the deal?

Do I still have to get trp or ????

i think since we have time now 90 days, all questions will be answered... one thing is for sure though, just because Russia is for it, does not mean YOUR country is automatically as well.before doing anything i would definitely contact - my- consulate and find out what the situation is there...

Yes, you still need to get TRP/PRP, but under the new law those of us with PRP and Russian spouses but no other Russian/former Soviet Union connection can now apply for citizenship using the "simplified" system, i.e. there is no longer a residence requirement once you get PRP (it was 5 years) as long as you already have kids together OR you have been married for 3 years and don't have kids, plus you don't need to prove that you have a source of income. So theoretically that means that if you get TRP through marriage then get PRP as soon as you can (a year later) and you have kids you could immediately apply for citizenship.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-04-2020)

Very useful news. I submitted the doc refusing my US citizenship and wasn't especially worried about it. Good to see it is official. Some friends of mine were thinking of applying for RF citizenship but hesitated due to the fogginess of the current law.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Very useful news. I submitted the doc refusing my US citizenship and wasn't especially worried about it. Good to see it is official. Some friends of mine were thinking of applying for RF citizenship but hesitated due to the fogginess of the current law.
    It's easy to get your US citizenship back. You renounce it, they give you a letter saying you did, take that to FMS they give you citizenship then you go back to the embassy and say you change your mind.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It's easy to get your US citizenship back. You renounce it, they give you a letter saying you did, take that to FMS they give you citizenship then you go back to the embassy and say you change your mind.
    It was easier than that. When applying for RU citizenship, I gave a notarized statement to the migration officials saying I refused (отказался от) my US citizenship. That document was never sent to the US Embassy. Instead I gave the migration officials a receipt showing I sent a registered letter to the US Embassy. The registered letter was empty, much to the surprise of the postal office. Even if the US Embassy had received it, they would have thrown it away. A special form and procedure to renounce US citizenship is required. It is a complex and lengthy process.

I was never concerned about it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (19-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    It was easier than that. When applying for RU citizenship, I gave a notarized statement to the migration officials saying I refused (отказался от) my US citizenship. That document was never sent to the US Embassy. Instead I gave the migration officials a receipt showing I sent a registered letter to the US Embassy. The registered letter was empty, much to the surprise of the postal office. Even if the US Embassy had received it, they would have thrown it away. A special form and procedure to renounce US citizenship is required. It is a complex and lengthy process.

I was never concerned about it.
    Yes ,I know, I did it but that was 16 years ago.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Signed today apparently and will become effective in July https://www.rt.com/russia/486782-rus...tizenship-law/.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Hizam4747 (26-04-2020), nicklcool (24-04-2020), Uncle Wally (24-04-2020), xt-tsi (29-04-2020)