littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pass System

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    I'm in Moscow Oblast at the moment, so have been following the governor on social media. He announced that for passes we now have an app called Госуслуги Стоп COVID-19 which you can download from Google Play or App Store. If you already have an account on Gosuslugi it uses that profile. Moscow is going to use a different app, apparently - https://digital.gov.ru/ru/events/39746/
    You can also follow them on Telegram
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

The system was overloaded yesterday (possible DDoS attack, if the media is to be believed). Hopefully it will work when you need to go somewhere. I've registered on the app, but currently have no plans to go anywhere as we already stocked up and I'm sending my husband out for fresh food today while I clean the house (the joys of Russian patriarchal families).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (14-04-2020), Uncle Wally (14-04-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    [QUOTE=Benedikt;1492291]
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Yup. They're actually closing the city down!
    And I doubt it'll be done for only the 2 weeks remaining on the economy shutdown.

they are not closing the city down. closing down means to me, nothing in , nothing out. that is not the case here. the law just wants to make sure you are who you pretend you are and have a reason to go where you pretend you are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    don't think they will let the -hordes - of Muscovites even out here past the city limits. because the pass system allows only Moscow and MO...
    and also here, to walk the dog,to walk to the nearest shop, clinic or buy food for Fido and Murka ( pet shops) one needs no pass. but it must be walking distance and on foot. for anything that involves moving on wheels, public transport, the trains on the ring, or your car, you need a pass. and you have to give a reason why you need it....

Fair enough Benedikt, but IMHO your explanations are like a euphemism for a city shutdown.

But I don't blame you, as I said before, in Russia we are (rightfully) too afraid of violent police to push back at all on the "movement restrictions," and in America we are too lazy and stupid to understand that our rights are being limited under false pretenses.

But don't insult the intelligence of all us fine people here at expat.ru, surely more analytical than your typical Channel 1 (Pervyi Kanal) or CNN viewer, by denying that this is a shutdown!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    The system was overloaded yesterday (possible DDoS attack, if the media is to be believed). Hopefully it will work when you need to go somewhere. I've registered on the app, but currently have no plans to go anywhere as we already stocked up and I'm sending my husband out for fresh food today while I clean the house (the joys of Russian patriarchal families).
    It's still the case that passes can be ordered now but they aren't REQUIRED until.tomorrow (Wednesday, 4/15), right?
    Or has that changed since the original order?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Hey everyone, the thought just occurred to me:

Probably no one will be able to LEAVE Moscow for some time (to leave for the regions).

Sobyanin said in his original speech about the "pass system" (quarantine) that it will have three stages, and only in the third stage will people be able to do inter-regional travel.

This makes sense, right?? The goal of the Quarantine is not to protect Muscovites from themselves, but to protect everyone else (the rest of Russia) from Muscovites!

Does this reading of the "pass system" sound right to you, that beginning tomorrow, for some unknown period of time, no one will be able to leave Moscow (except on foot, I guess)?

It's important for me to guess what they'll actually implement, because I had been planning to go back into Moscow to get something done today, BEFORE the "pass system" became mandatory, THEN leave again in a few days. But no way I want to get my family shut down into our apartment for longer than that!
    So it'll be very helpful to get your thoughts and interpretations. Thanks!

Hey everyone, the thought just occurred to me:

Probably no one will be able to LEAVE Moscow for some time (to leave for the regions).

Sobyanin said in his original speech about the "pass system" (quarantine) that it will have three stages, and only in the third stage will people be able to do inter-regional travel.

This makes sense, right?? The goal of the Quarantine is not to protect Muscovites from themselves, but to protect everyone else (the rest of Russia) from Muscovites!

Does this reading of the "pass system" sound right to you, that beginning tomorrow, for some unknown period of time, no one will be able to leave Moscow (except on foot, I guess)?

It's important for me to guess what they'll actually implement, because I had been planning to go back into Moscow to get something done today, BEFORE the "pass system" became mandatory, THEN leave again in a few days. But no way I want to get my family shut down into our apartment for longer than that!
    So it'll be very helpful to get your thoughts and interpretations. Thanks!

No opinions yet!?

My sister-in-law thinks we could "discuss" our situation with the kind police at the checkpoints, but I doubt that!

She says her friend left Moscow a few days ago, for the regions, ad the police at the checkpoint asked whether she was prepared to stay there until the end of the Quarantine. She wasn't, so she returned to the city.

But still, for me the other situation is more interesting, LEAVING the city! The websites already say that people can request "passes" to come into Moscow, but what about the inverse???
    Fun, crazy times!

My wife just got a pass to go into Podolsk tomorrow, didn't have any problems.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

According to this article https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/33201...rs-coronavirus it is permitted to leave the city for other regions and travel to and from the Moscow region.

I must admit that this a bit weird as I can’t believe other regions will be welcoming Muscovites with open arms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (14-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    According to this article https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/33201...rs-coronavirus it is permitted to leave the city for other regions and travel to and from the Moscow region.

I must admit that this a bit weird as I can’t believe other regions will be welcoming Muscovites with open arms.
    I think it just going in and out of the city of Moscow. We have no problem moving around Moscow region.

I got onto the gosuslugi site to get a pass in the regions. The next step is to fill out a form showing my passport no, date of birth. Also need to submit my actual address and place of registration (which differ). I have never told any government my actual address and don't want to do it now. They might know, but they might not. At age 65, I might not even qualify for a pass. I'll wing it for now. I can get to a store and back without going past any roadblocks or police. Keeps me in grog and food. F this pass.

Sadly I have run out of cigars. Difficult times.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (15-04-2020)

Sadly, I have to eat my words. Our plumber just got stopped without a pass on the road I normally use to go to the store. He was fined 5500 Rubles and sent back to where he came from. He was on a mission to feed his chickens which shall not be fed. Either I apply for this damn thing or buy groceries in our small local store. I think that's what I will do. F this pass.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (15-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I got onto the gosuslugi site to get a pass in the regions. The next step is to fill out a form showing my passport no, date of birth. Also need to submit my actual address and place of registration (which differ). I have never told any government my actual address and don't want to do it now. They might know, but they might not. At age 65, I might not even qualify for a pass. I'll wing it for now. I can get to a store and back without going past any roadblocks or police. Keeps me in grog and food. F this pass.

Sadly I have run out of cigars. Difficult times.
    You should try to buy cigars online and get them delivered.

My wife just left to go to Poldosk, I will ask her about road blocks if any.

Oh any don't you have any kids? What are kids for if they can't bring papa some cigars?

Anyone else seeing what's going on in the metro? They got millions of people trying to go to work and two cops at every station checking passes. Lines to get into the metro are backed up like crazy. I saw on Instagram and VK

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Anyone else seeing what's going on in the metro? They got millions of people trying to go to work and two cops at every station checking passes. Lines to get into the metro are backed up like crazy. I saw on Instagram and VK
    It's a disaster waiting to happen. I saw couple of videos on FB. No social distance... not everyone wearing mask and its very crowded. QR code project is a joke with too many passes. It should be only for people going to food or drug stores... nothing more... not even going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    It's a disaster waiting to happen. I saw couple of videos on FB. No social distance... not everyone wearing mask and its very crowded. QR code project is a joke with too many passes. It should be only for people going to food or drug stores... nothing more... not even going to work.
    Yeah but in Moscow everyone has a food or drug store within 200 meters from home, but I hear you, no way all those people need to go to work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast