littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does Parmesan REALLY have to ocme from italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    For your information Italian cheese makers moved to Russia and set up cheese factory here, to get around sanctions. Same goes for German farmers and factories. You can find video on YouTube on how to make parmesan cheese.
    and that was long before sanctions...(i was working for one. who is delivering all his milk for DANONE... and makes super cheese as well.) it is just to expensive and does not pay to import yogurt from Austria or Germany. that why EHRMANN is here since years..and some of the biggest pork,beef or grain farmers are from Germany, came here long before the sanctions. youtube is full with their videos.-marble feef - bulls from Germany or France crossed with cows from Mongolia, were bred and raised already 10 years ago when i was working in Lipetsk...And we had local excellent marble beef for our restaurants, while Moscow was still importing... LAMB on par with NZ came from DAGESTAN, ( MIRATORG was a partner in it) unfortunately just not the amount that was needed. one can not put up herds in one or two years, sometimes it needs 10 years or more.Unfortunately people also have to learn and understand that a co,a steer, a bull, a pig,lamb or sheep does not consist of fillet, strip loin, sirloin, ribs and rump steak alone. these -choice - parts make 10 % of a carcass. and what should a farmer or butcher do with the rest? make mince or goulash? Go to AUCHAN, Globus, a big SPAR and you will find excellent local products. of course there are then the shops on the other, economic, end, where you will not find it.. are you prepared for good Frankfurter sausages 800 to 1000 rubles a kilo? i do not mind. just will not have them every say.same with a steak...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

[QUOTE=americaninmoscow;1492218]Not one single person who has money buys Russian made cheese. It's for poor people who want to believe the fantasy that food here is on the same level as the west.

we do not consider us poor, but we buy Russian cheese, or for that fact, Russian products only. Why for instance should i pay for a fancy packet and their % royalties that Nestle or Kellogg get, when i can get the same product, made by the same factory to the same standards, just packed in a plain plastic bag, and being at least 40% cheaper. only difference is, NESTLE and Kellogg are in the middle of the shelve,easy to see. While -my- cornflakes are on the bottom shelf, where i have to bend down (BŁckware, as it is called in the trade). OATS are made under the brand name -Herkules - since CCCP times, even the -cook 5 minute - variety. NORDIC does nothing better, just 40% more expensive. why should i buy that? even BARILLA, the number 1 pasta in Italy they claim, is made in Russia.read www.rosontrol.ru regularly, or check what i post from them. you also will find what good cheese is being produced in Russia...and maybe you don't know, i also had posted it here, in an Italian town, which is well known fort heir EXPENSIVE leather products, 40 000 CHINESE are working there. the factories were set up during the last 10 years. the Chinese working for Chinese money, work Chinese hours and live under Chinese conditions. AIR CHINA has even a weekly plane shuttle service to bring back and forwards people whop go back home on vacation. the only thing is -Italian- the label that says -made in Italy -. and people are stupid enough to pay for this -prestige - brand outrageous prices...
    so if you think local is bad and imported is good, forget it, that was maybe 30 years ago. and often enough it was crap that was offloaded to Russia. just think of the chicken -bush legs-...

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1492228]
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Not one single person who has money buys Russian made cheese. It's for poor people who want to believe the fantasy that food here is on the same level as the west.

we do not consider us poor, but we buy Russian cheese, or for that fact, Russian products only. Why for instance should i pay for a fancy packet and their % royalties that Nestle or Kellogg get, when i can get the same product, made by the same factory to the same standards, just packed in a plain plastic bag, and being at least 40% cheaper. only difference is, NESTLE and Kellogg are in the middle of the shelve,easy to see. While -my- cornflakes are on the bottom shelf, where i have to bend down (BŁckware, as it is called in the trade). OATS are made under the brand name -Herkules - since CCCP times, even the -cook 5 minute - variety. NORDIC does nothing better, just 40% more expensive. why should i buy that? even BARILLA, the number 1 pasta in Italy they claim, is made in Russia.read www.rosontrol.ru regularly, or check what i post from them. you also will find what good cheese is being produced in Russia...and maybe you don't know, i also had posted it here, in an Italian town, which is well known fort heir EXPENSIVE leather products, 40 000 CHINESE are working there. the factories were set up during the last 10 years. the Chinese working for Chinese money, work Chinese hours and live under Chinese conditions. AIR CHINA has even a weekly plane shuttle service to bring back and forwards people whop go back home on vacation. the only thing is -Italian- the label that says -made in Italy -. and people are stupid enough to pay for this -prestige - brand outrageous prices...
    so if you think local is bad and imported is good, forget it, that was maybe 30 years ago. and often enough it was crap that was offloaded to Russia. just think of the chicken -bush legs-...
    Man you talk a lot. And change the subject a lot.

What do Chinese in Italy have to do with Russisn cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and that was long before sanctions...(i was working for one. who is delivering all his milk for DANONE... and makes super cheese as well.) it is just to expensive and does not pay to import yogurt from Austria or Germany. that why EHRMANN is here since years..and some of the biggest pork,beef or grain farmers are from Germany, came here long before the sanctions. youtube is full with their videos.-marble feef - bulls from Germany or France crossed with cows from Mongolia, were bred and raised already 10 years ago when i was working in Lipetsk...And we had local excellent marble beef for our restaurants, while Moscow was still importing... LAMB on par with NZ came from DAGESTAN, ( MIRATORG was a partner in it) unfortunately just not the amount that was needed. one can not put up herds in one or two years, sometimes it needs 10 years or more.Unfortunately people also have to learn and understand that a co,a steer, a bull, a pig,lamb or sheep does not consist of fillet, strip loin, sirloin, ribs and rump steak alone. these -choice - parts make 10 % of a carcass. and what should a farmer or butcher do with the rest? make mince or goulash? Go to AUCHAN, Globus, a big SPAR and you will find excellent local products. of course there are then the shops on the other, economic, end, where you will not find it.. are you prepared for good Frankfurter sausages 800 to 1000 rubles a kilo? i do not mind. just will not have them every say.same with a steak...
    Yes yes yes. Excellent local products. Wonderful!

+5 social credit points!

Parmesan MUST be from Italy to be good? does not look lie to me. Grano padano a registered trademark and where the Italians made a big deal out of it. Like the French with their Cognac or Champagne... Now the Italians gave -permission- to a Czech dairy to make Parmesan and use their name. and they are producing for Billa, absolute nothing exclusive there, the price for sure is not. otherwise no one would buy.and that is not the reason Billa most probably also -helped - to pay. the Cheese is not bad, minimum aged to be called Parmesan..so, everything can be bought and sold, just to make more money. i am sure the FETA (Greece), Parma Ham ( Italy), Champagne and Cognac ( France) will also jump onto the money wagon. Exclusively is nice, but money does not smell.never mind where it comes from..Diversity seems to me is the name of the game? not enough milk in Italy? not enough production or storage facilities? to high production costs? whatever...
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (15-04-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12