littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: My Visa Will be Expire Next Week and I Dont Want to Leave Russia

My Visa Will be Expire Next Week and I Dont Want to Leave Russia

Hello guys, I need help
    My Visa Will be Expire Next Week and I dont want to leave Russia, My passport is From Iran, Azarbijan airline cancelled my flight due to Covid-19, at this time there is no any flight between Russia and Iran, only qatar airline had flight with 10X more than normal price, so What should I do now? right now im not in Moscow, Im in Vologda
    Second problem is all hotel in Vologda Closed and right now I rented an apartment but landlord dont want to register my visa and all hotel closed, so I have no option but only to stay in apartment , what should I do now? this is not my fault,
    please help
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello guys, I need help
    My Visa Will be Expire Next Week and I dont want to leave Russia, My passport is From Iran, Azarbijan airline cancelled my flight due to Covid-19, at this time there is no any flight between Russia and Iran, only qatar airline had flight with 10X more than normal price, so What should I do now? right now im not in Moscow, Im in Vologda
    Second problem is all hotel in Vologda Closed and right now I rented an apartment but landlord dont want to register my visa and all hotel closed, so I have no option but only to stay in apartment , what should I do now? this is not my fault,
    please help
    thanks.
    I don't think you can leave, I heard all airport's will be closed.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

For how long?
    Because I heard you can leave Russia, but you cant come to Russia because Russia closed border.

You can easily get a visa extension. They are practically automatic. Check other posts on this site, and you will find all the necessary info.

As mentioned by xp, you can get an extension of your visa. From the Ministry of Internal Affairs website (translation by Yandex):

"In order to ensure the implementation of the rights and freedoms of citizens, as well as taking into account the situation associated with the spread of a new coronavirus infection, starting from March 19, 2020, foreign citizens can extend their temporary stay on the territory of the Russian Federation.

“To do this, they need to apply to the nearest territorial body of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Russia with a statement made in any form.

“Citizens who arrived in Russia on the basis of a visa will be extended its validity period, regardless of the purpose of entry into Russia. If your existing visa has already expired, your temporary stay will also be extended.

“Citizens who arrived in Russia in a manner that does not require a visa are granted an extension of their stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, including if it has already expired.

“Applications for permits to attract and use foreign workers and work permits for foreign citizens located on the territory of the Russian Federation are being resumed.

“In addition, migrant workers can apply for new patents without having to travel outside the Russian Federation and without being held administratively liable for violating the deadline for submitting the relevant applications.

“Foreign citizens living in Russia on the basis of a temporary residence permit or residence permit will be extended their stay if the document issued to them expires, " said Irina Volk, an official representative of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Russia.”

I don’t know if Vologda has a coronavirus hotline number you can call, but the website of the MVD for Vologda is https://35.мвд.рф.

Cannot help you with registration or lodging problems.

i saw on facebook that the visa extension office in moscow has been closed and nothing can be done until this lockdown period ends.

in any case, there is no way to leave russia. except if your country books a charter flight to get you back home. there was a french plane that left on sat. it had about 200 people. a few brits, but i guess it was mostly french speakers.

as far as i know, the us embassy has talked about chartering a plane. but where would it go? nyc? dc? that part is unclear. and then of course, what to do after the plane touches down? I'm not sure there are many domestic flights left and there are a lot of states with stay-at-home orders.

hopefully, this collective madness will pass soon.

i'm guessing mid-summer.

but the big question then is, when will international biz and flights resume?

prob only after a "vaccine" has been found, and some sort of digital certificate has been created.

but why?

do we record and discriminate against other forms of illness? such as leprosy, or aids? i remember back in the 80s, there was the whole aids is a gay thing and so let's get them out of our neighbourhoods or that's what they get for that lifestyle, etc. then there was ryan white. the kid who got aids from a blood transfusion. he became a spokesman and eventually died. but he made aids acceptance mainstream. but the point is that even then, during that horrible epidemic, there was never a call for martial law and soldiers or talk of digitally tracking or even just tracking people.

same with regular flu. should i now carry a book and write down every time i get a fever? a sore throat? or something more serious? will the "health police" now demand to see my "medical papers"?

when do we wake up from this collective dream/nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    as far as i know, the us embassy has talked about chartering a plane. but where would it go? nyc? dc?
    People say (c), 9th Apr to Landanabad with connection to somewhat 6 of US destination flights:
    https://vz.ru/news/2020/4/5/1032673.html

https://twitter.com/usembrupress

Rebecca Ross
    @USEmbRuPress
    Spokesperson at U.S. Embassy Moscow.
    Moscow, RussiaРегистрация: сентябрь 2016 г.
    382 читаемых
    2 351 читатель
    Твиты
    Твиты и ответы
    Медиа
    Нравится
    Твиты Rebecca Ross
    Закрепленный твит
    Rebecca Ross
    @USEmbRuPress
    ·
    3 апр.
    U.S. citizens in Russia: The U.S. Mission team is here to support you and is working day and night to facilitate your safe return to the United States.  In case of emergency, please reach out to us at + 7 (495) 728-5000.
    Показать эту ветку
    Rebecca Ross
    @USEmbRuPress
    ·
    17 ч
    For more information, please consult our website. And make sure you’re enrolled in STEP http://step.state.gov - we issue Health & Travel alerts on a regular basis & email you directly when we have additional information. (In case of emergency, call + 7(495)728-5000.) 5/5
    Показать эту ветку
    Rebecca Ross
    @USEmbRuPress
    ·
    17 ч
    If you have not already indicated your interest in a possible charter flight, please do so immediately by registering each member of your traveling party at this link: http://bit.ly/2UGeuIY 4/5
    Показать эту ветку
    Rebecca Ross
    @USEmbRuPress
    ·
    17 ч
    Individuals who have contacted US Mission Russia regarding their interest in flights will begin to receive emails over the next days with further instructions. Please pay close attention to these instructions. 3/5
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (07-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    You can easily get a visa extension. They are practically automatic. Check other posts on this site, and you will find all the necessary info.
    How this is automatic? Can I extend my Visa Online?

You just can't leave. At all. The mess will have to be cleaned later.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    How this is automatic? Can I extend my Visa Online?
    No. As far as I understand, you have to visit nearest MVD office and submit them the hand-written claim. On the paper, blue/violet ink, free form. Better in Russian, if not, then with notarised translation. Maybe they already have English forms to fill manually, but I doubt.
    They also mention united portal gosuslugi.ru to accept the docs, but I never heard about successfull result https://xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/Deljateln...B2%D0%B8%D1%8F

Regarding "automatic" probably xp@ mentions no usual bureaucratic "pulling rubber" in these cases.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

BigBear (09-04-2020), rusmeister (22-05-2020)

So we’re coming up to two weeks after your initial post Alex and your visa should have expired by now. How about an update to let us know how you got on? It could be useful for others.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (17-04-2020)

Yeah, update, update, update, update, update, update! Come on you people in the back row, update!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (17-04-2020)

Information posted today by the British Embassy in Moscow:

"Temporary measures have been introduced to regulate the legal status of foreign nationals in the Russian Federation in response to COVID-19. Therefore, if your visa or residence permit expires between March 15th and June 15th 2020 it is no longer necessary to apply for an extension to leave the country. The procedure to extend visas after 15th June will depend on any further COVID-19 measures being imposed.

"If your visa expired before March 15th you will need to contact your nearest police office for more information.

"If you live in Moscow and wish to extend your visa or migration registration, the Moscow Ministry of Interior urges you to visit your district police office at the earliest convenience. You can find the working hours and contact details for district police offices on the Moscow Ministry of Interior’s website.

"If you live outside of Moscow you should check the guidance from your local police office."

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (22-05-2020), Uncle Wally (22-05-2020)

Hello Guys,
    FYI- Moscow is quarantined till 31st of May 2020 so all offices and acceptance of documents for Visa Extension and Registration (postavka na migrationiy uchet) will not place. The Law - "Decree of the Mayor of Moscow dated March 5, 2020 No. 12-UM "On the introduction of a high alert" (as amended on May 7, 2020) from May 12 to May 31, 2020". Further information will be notified.
    Here is Clarification given by Head Office for Migration, Ministry of the Interior, RF to Chamber of Commerce and Industry of RF - Clarifications on the implementation of regulatory legal acts in the field of migration from March 15 to June 15, 2020 and upon its completion in connection with the publication Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of April 18, 2020 No. 274 “On temporary measures to resolve the legal status of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation due to the threat of the further spread of a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) -
    "A visa OR Registration at the place of stay of a foreign citizen, which expired from March 15 to June 15, 2020, is valid for 93 days from the date of expiration of its validity specified in this visa, including for leaving the Russian Federation without the need for a transit visas with the code TP1."

"After June 15, 2020, the indicated visa, subject to availability of reasons (work, study, illness, etc.), is subject to extension in the prescribed manner."

"Foreign citizens at the end of the period established by Decree No. 274 are subject to registration at the place of stay in the manner and on the conditions established by the Federal Law of July 18, 2006 No. 109-ФЗ On Migration Registration of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation"

"In the designated 90-day period, foreign citizens and the receiving party are not required to take actions to extend the terms of temporary stay (including extension of visas), the terms of registration at the place of stay, the terms of temporary and permanent residence, the validity of certificates of temporary refugee, refugee certificate."

"In view of the foregoing, these persons will not be held administratively liable for violation of the rules of stay (residence) in the Russian Federation, with the exception of cases of committing violations that infringe on public order and criminally punishable acts".

"The transfer of information by hotels or other organizations providing hotel services about the arrival (departure) of foreign citizens using the means of communication included in the telecommunication network to the migration office is carried out in accordance with the Rules for the transfer of information about arrival at the place of stay and departure from the place of stay of foreign citizens and stateless persons using the means of communication included in the telecommunication network, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 10, 2010 No. 310."

So wait till the Govt announces further information in coming days.

Hope the above information is of help

Wishes

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zago For This Useful Post:

BigBear (25-05-2020), tasel (10-06-2020)