littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question to all Americans and Brits here

A question to all Americans and Brits here

Hi guys, long time, no see. I have a question to all Americans and Brits here, well, to all foreigners actually: do you know anyone personally who got Covid-19, is/was in hospital with severe lung problems or may be even died after testing positive?

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Hi guys, long time, no see. I have a question to all Americans and Brits here, well, to all foreigners actually: do you know anyone personally who got Covid-19, is/was in hospital with severe lung problems or may be even died after testing positive?
    No, and I don't want to.

What's your theory about the Xi-Jinping Red China virus?

How are things in St. Creaturesburg?
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

Welcome back Lad. Your question? No.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

How to share a beer with your neighbor while maintaining social distance

https://www.facebook.com/trevor.rein...22577989786473

Notice the beer is "Corona" beer. A Mexican beer, Very popular in US.

According to Fox News poll, 16% of American beer drinkers think there is a connection between the coronavirus and Corona beer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (04-04-2020)

RL this is circa 1k from my house which is a bit of a shocker as we are remote

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/...battle-225077/

Apparently London is pretty screwed at the moment

Yes, but not in Russia. One in the US and one in Belgium. The one in the US has recovered, the one in Belgium not yet.

I don't know anyone but I tried to message one of our old expat members and they didn't reply, last time we talk she said she just got back from London and needed to quarantine for 14 days. That was a week ago. It's Hazelnut if any of you remember. If anyone has her number try to contact her.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

She just got in touch and is ok, not sick.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    RL this is circa 1k from my house which is a bit of a shocker as we are remote

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/...battle-225077/

Apparently London is pretty screwed at the moment
    From the article:
    There’s nothing funny about this virus, it doesn’t care for your age, your health, your family or your life...please just stay indoors because even if you don’t ‘care if you get it’ the person you give it too will and the devastation this virus is causing is indescribable.

*Ahem* the stats do not bear this out at all. Our countries could have just quarantined the elderly and apparently the obese, too, and the at-risk populations would have been shielded. (Apparently smokers are also less prone to this thing?)

But anyways, if *they* didn't overhype this New China Flu virus, how would our economies have been destroyed, Wall Street wealth have been stolen from the middle class and given to the wealthy, and Populist movements halted?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Well my cousin in Oregon (33yo) thinks she got it and recovered, and my whole family except for me (wife, 2 kids, sister-in-law & her two kids) had awful fevers with coughs but no mucus and just general awful feelings back in January (for over 2 weeks!) and recovered, so I'm pretty sure they had this new flu strain, too.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

What's your theory about the Xi-Jinping Red China virus?

How are things in St. Creaturesburg?
    My theory. Well, it is not a theory now, it is a strong belief. I have all sorts of facts, including the ones from the official RF sources posted on their own sites. But ok, let's call it my theory. So, my theory is Russia has already passed the peak of the contagion - it all began here 2-3 months ago, just like in China, but the sick were registered as flu cases or not registered at all. The origin of Covid - I wouldn't point the finger at China right away, for various reasons, though it is rather tempting.
    In Sait Pete - officially only those who are over 65 y.o. are supposed to stay at home and can be fined. The metro is still working - and I understand why, see what I said above... My uncle in Tatarstan is saying they grab in the street pretty much everyone. It is even worse in Chechnya I am reading.
    The rabbit hole is very deep... As usual...
    If my theory is correct by May 9 we will declare a great victory over the virus and have a parade. If I am wrong, we will have a situation similar to what is going on in Italy or even worse. Let's see.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russian Lad For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (04-04-2020), TheInterocitor (05-04-2020)

My theory. Well, it is not a theory now, it is a strong belief. I have all sorts of facts, including the ones from the official RF sources posted on their own sites. But ok, let's call it my theory. So, my theory is Russia has already passed the peak of the contagion - it all began here 2-3 months ago, just like in China, but the sick were registered as flu cases or not registered at all. The origin of Covid - I wouldn't point the finger at China right away, for various reasons, though it is rather tempting.
    In Sait Pete - officially only those who are over 65 y.o. are supposed to stay at home and can be fined. The metro is still working - and I understand why, see what I said above... My uncle in Tatarstan is saying they grab in the street pretty much everyone. It is even worse in Chechnya I am reading.
    The rabbit hole is very deep... As usual...
    If my theory is correct by May 9 we will declare a great victory over the virus and have a parade. If I am wrong, we will have a situation similar to what is going on in Italy or even worse. Let's see.
    Rush, on the radio, was saying pretty much the same yesterday. He is wondering why California, where thousands of Chinese were coming in and out by airplane every day in January, is not the locale of the biggest spike of cases in the US. he said, like you, Wuhan Kung Flu has already kicked and cartwheeled its way through the population and most people now have "herd immunity".

Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through previous infections or vaccination, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.

In the meantime, the local politicians here are passing laws making it a crime to "violate a health order".

Rush, on the radio, was saying pretty much the same yesterday. He is wondering why California, where thousands of Chinese were coming in and out by airplane every day in January, is not the locale of the biggest spike of cases in the US. he said, like you, Wuhan Kung Flu has already kicked and cartwheeled its way through the population and most people now have "herd immunity".
    The explanation for California is way more simple - less population density. If you compare it with New York, for instance. Also, the virus seems to dislike hot weather, I am reading it thrives at +4 C. In this respect, Moscow and SPb are surely to become the biggest pandemic hotspots - if my theory is wrong.

Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a large percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through previous infections or vaccination, thereby providing a measure of protection for individuals who are not immune.
    This is true. At least 50% of the population should go through the disease for the herd to become immune.

The explanation for California is way more simple - less population density. If you compare it with New York, for instance. Also, the virus seems to dislike hot weather, I am reading it thrives at +4 C. In this respect, Moscow and SPb are surely to become the biggest pandemic hotspots - if my theory is wrong.
    I don't know, Calif. is 3 huge urban sprawls (SF, LA and San Diego), and the rest is farmland and forests. Chinatown, Koreatown, etc. in Los Angeles are densely populated, and the black areas in most major cities, they (well, mostly younger crowd) come out on weekends and are shoulder-to-shoulder, just crowded masses, on the sidewalks, but you are right, not as packed as in NYC. In Manhattan you are constantly bumping into people as you walk down the sidewalks on the major avenues, and in the ethnic neighborhoods it is get-together and party time on the weekends.

Rush is also asking why the armies of homeless people in LA and SF have not all gotten it. If any group would seem to be easy pickings for the virus, it would seem to be this group.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (05-04-2020)

The most important thing to understand is that just like it's statistically insignificant how many of us tell RL that someone we know back home got the New Flu Strain, so all of the numbers were seeing - ALL OF THEM - are irrelevant.
    Only probe who are showing symptoms are being tested - there's no random sample testing - and ANYONE who dies after testing positive is listed as a New Flu death, even if the cause of death was from something else.

Conclusions?
    There's no health crisis right now, only a Wag the Dog scenario concocted out of a friggin' FLU strain - that's allowing our governments to do a lot of stuff they could otherwise NEVER get away with!
    (If our leaders hadn't found a way to manipulate us out of all of this, COVID would just be the "Bat Flu," like the Swine Flu from 11 years ago!)

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

bydand (05-04-2020), cheriedeperth (05-04-2020), Russian Lad (05-04-2020), Uncle Wally (05-04-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast