littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Touchscreen and writable display

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle

Touchscreen and writable display

Hello,

i need to use a touchscreen computer that you can draw or write on - with a stylus. that will also run skype(So doesn't matter if windows or mac or androisd etc) Without it I can't do my work.

I have been using a lenovo MIIX 510 but the touchscreen is broken. Getting it fixed quickly is difficult in Moscow now. Even when the trains are running, it would take 35 days to order directly fa replacement screen and install myself (from China). I think it cost about 20,000 Roubles to get fixed in Moscow, a guy at the computer markets said thats about the price of a new one. computer markets now closed.

I looked on the internet to buy online. I think a Ноутбук-трансформер Acer SP314-53N-79X4 would have done the trick even though I did not want to pay that much. but now sold out anyway...

Does anyone know the lowest spec notebook/tablet that will allow you to both draw on with a stylus and use skype. I need to buy/rent or borrow one for anything from one week to one month.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    Does anyone know the lowest spec notebook/tablet that will allow you to both draw on with a stylus and use skype. I need to buy/rent or borrow one for anything from one week to one month.
    A lenovo MIIX 510 at around 15990rub.:
    https://www.eldorado.ru/cat/detail/p...SABEgIbAvD_BwE

Or:
    https://www.mvideo.ru/products/plans...yABEgLXgPD_BwE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (03-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    But would these run Skype with screenshare, and let you draw on the screen at the same time"/ With reasonable performance?

But would these run Skype with screenshare, and let you draw on the screen at the same time"/ With reasonable performance?
    If your present lenovo MIIX 510 can/could do, then I will expect a brand new one to do the same, you may have to install the program/app again and set it up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    If your present lenovo MIIX 510 can/could do, then I will expect a brand new one to do the same, you may have to install the program/app again and set it up too.
    The link you gave wasn't for a MIIX 510 but for a MIIX 320

The link you gave wasn't for a MIIX 510 but for a MIIX 320
    I see I was not as attentive as I should had been, sorry.

But I would believe that the MIIX 320 can do the job, it do have a more weak CPU that the MIIX 510 and a smaller screen too, so if all you need is to run Skype and operate that app/program with touching the screen it might be worth trying that model if you otherwise like Lenovo.
    You are basically just searching for a Tablet that can run Skype, I would think all Tablets can do that, the tricky thing is "with a stylus" not all screens will have the same feel for a stylus, you will have to go and test that out "your stylus in your hand".

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    If all you need is to draw, why not get a drawing pad, that plugs into your laptop, rather than an expensive touchscreen laptop?
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

Check out the Microsoft website, all their laptops and tablets allow for touch and since they own Skype I would think they can do it.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"