littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Hey someone call Putin and tell him

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,246
    Thanked: 3831

    Hey someone call Putin and tell him

    Someone call Putin and tell him to turn off the snow machine, enough already. Snowing like hell here.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,694
    Thanked: 4681
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Someone call Putin and tell him to turn off the snow machine, enough already. Snowing like hell here.
    same her, snow all night and still snowing. and a cold wind is blowing. i think it is good, no one on the street, except -we- who have to go out with our dogs... and the guys who have the disinfection canisters on their back. every 3 hours they are supposed to do it , or at least once a day i see them...... every entrance, stairwell and lift...-we- are supposed to sit at home all day. dvorniks of course can work. keep the walkways clean of snow... and i can hear them hammering away o the big cathedral they are constructing across the river. on the old Tushino airfield... no police around, they of course will not saunter out of their warm offices and check in the cold and windy park who might be around. buses run frequently but from the looks of it, with longer intervals. few people inside. for us no need to go to the shop, we bought everything some time ago. and definitely NO -kommandantsky jas- ( curfew) as it is shown on some FB posts. ( the dog must go out also during the night, and i just go, no one around to stop me. and there are also the usual -sobaknitshniki out, who also have old dogs who have to go out during the night......)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,246
    Thanked: 3831
    It just stopped here. Some people walking babies but no babushki. I only go out for vodka, got two weeks worth of food.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  4. #4
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,659
    Thanked: 3624
    This is the best weather we could have wished for whilst on lockdown,may it last into April. Hardly anyone is on the streets,unlike last weekend.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (31-03-2020), Suuryaa (31-03-2020)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanked: 963
    Also, if you can believe anything about this flu strain that has been going around, they say it thrives in temperatures around 10 degrees, not hotter or colder, so it's nice to have colder than usual weather for this time of year!

    In case there are still doubters out there about this new flu strain that is allowing so many of our liberties to be curtailed, have a look at the deductions of these Swedish scientists: they think it's a strain of ОРВИ (upper respiratory infection)!

    https://swprs.org/covid-19-hinweis-ii/
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanked: 801
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    This is the best weather we could have wished for whilst on lockdown,may it last into April. Hardly anyone is on the streets,unlike last weekend.
    It would be better with some warmer weather, it helps to reduce the lifetime of the bad guys also called Coronavirus COVID-19.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanked: 718
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    In case there are still doubters out there about this new flu strain that is allowing so many of our liberties to be curtailed, have a look at the deductions of these Swedish scientists: they think it's a strain of ОРВИ (upper respiratory infection)!
    What does this even mean? If you look up orvi, it just says it's a group of acute respiratory viral infections. That doesn't say much of anything. It's like saying it's a group of viral skin diseases (if that is a thing, I don't know). Group of common symptons, group of common cause (viral), and that's about it. In what way is this meaningful? (I note the usual sources in English and other langauges don't use the term at all - not saying that's definitive, but may indicate that it's a grouping that is not particularly useful. Or, I guess, that every other scientifically inclined language grouping in the world is wrong)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanked: 627
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    It would be better with some warmer weather, it helps to reduce the lifetime of the bad guys also called Coronavirus COVID-19.
    No it doesn't.

    Otherwise Iran and all of Africa wouldn't be dying. Neither would those in Florida.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (01-04-2020)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanked: 627
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I only go out for vodka.....
    Quit drinking man. Or drink more. You can do it.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanked: 801
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    No it doesn't.

    Otherwise Iran and all of Africa wouldn't be dying. Neither would those in Florida.
    Well due to the scientist I had spoken with then. warmer weather than we have now. will reduce the lifetime of COVID-19, not eliminate it, but reduce, and we have to add: We do not know that much this far, future research is needed.
    More or lees the same in this article:coronavirus will hot weather kill covid-19

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,246
    Thanked: 3831
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Quit drinking man. Or drink more. You can do it.
    I did quit drinking for about a little more than a month. I gotta stop again, it will be too easy to over do it with no place to go.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanked: 627
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Well due to the scientist I had spoken with then. warmer weather than we have now. will reduce the lifetime of COVID-19, not eliminate it, but reduce, and we have to add: We do not know that much this far, future research is needed.
    More or lees the same in this article:coronavirus will hot weather kill covid-19
    Yes, alot of people have said the same thing. Trump said this as well.

    But it fails to properly address the real situation which is that people in warm cou tries have been affected.

    Isn't Spain a warm cou try? Don't they have the virus? And deaths? More or less than other colder European countries?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (01-04-2020)

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,362
    Thanked: 1231
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Also, if you can believe anything about this flu strain that has been going around, they say it thrives in temperatures around 10 degrees, not hotter or colder, so it's nice to have colder than usual weather for this time of year!

    In case there are still doubters out there about this new flu strain that is allowing so many of our liberties to be curtailed, have a look at the deductions of these Swedish scientists: they think it's a strain of ОРВИ (upper respiratory infection)!

    https://swprs.org/covid-19-hinweis-ii/
    "Swiss Propaganda Research" ? Looks like a lot of good statistical research, but who picked the title?
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,694
    Thanked: 4681
    it is cold in Moscow...-7c. a clear day. the sun is shining. but it is cold. and that will keep the people at home. saves more lives then anything else. the only ones w saw in the park when walking the dog, were other people with their dogs. and a few -nothing will happen to me. and anyway i need my exercises. and no one will tell me what to do-, who were jogging or swinging their -Nordic walking -sticks....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  18. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,874
    Thanked: 801
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    But it fails to properly address the real situation which is that people in warm cou tries have been affected.

    Isn't Spain a warm cou try? Don't they have the virus? And deaths? More or less than other colder European countries?
    They do have snow and winter in both Italy and Spain too, not as much as in Norway and Sweden, but they do have.

    Because virus is have a nice time when it is cold, do not prevent it for operating in warmer climates too, humidity is an other factor to count into the equation.

    In a year or two we will know much more about this virus and how it performs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •