littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayor of New York threatens to permanently close Churches and Synagogues.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Mayor of New York threatens to permanently close Churches and Synagogues.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-coron...gues-may-close

A very bad precendent, for a politician to threaten to shut down churches permanently.

How did Stalin close down the churches in Russia?

Also, De Blasio did not mention closing "mosques" in NYC, only churches and synagogues. For the first time ever ever, a politician did not includes "mosques" when mentioning religion.

A very clear trashing of the First Amendment of the US Constitution ... "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "

The crooked, corrupt media is *crickets* about this trampling of a human being's most basic civil right.

Amazing times.
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (31-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-coron...gues-may-close

A very bad precendent, for a politician to threaten to shut down churches permanently.

How did Stalin close down the churches in Russia?

Also, De Blasio did not mention closing "mosques" in NYC, only churches and synagogues. For the first time ever ever, a politician did not includes "mosques" when mentioning religion.

A very clear trashing of the First Amendment of the US Constitution ... "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "

The crooked, corrupt media is *crickets* about this trampling of a human being's most basic civil right.

Amazing times.
    Yeah. I watched it. The most charitable term you can apply to his use of the word “permanently” is “unwise”.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (31-03-2020)

Someone should close New York city. There's a pandemic and what do New Yorkers do? They run and spread out over the whole country. Idiots. Cuomo the hero, gets mad when Trump wanted to lock down his state but people are mad at Trump because he isn't locking down Americans. Saying Trump is only worry about the economy. And people talk about Cuomo running for president? I don't know who is stupidest, Cuomo or his brother Freddo.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

When it comes to a eventually court decision, the result may be that it is / was ok to suppress the constitutional rights to save lives.

The US, and other country's constitution's had been violated before and the authority's got away with it.

-A small number of religious communities, specific churches and specific synagogues are -
    don't get your pants into a knot and READ carefully. it does not concern orthodox,-catholic- or protestant churches. also not mosques who ALL comply with the orders. but there are certain conservative Jews ( the same also applies to Jerusalem, where they have the same stories) and some - hallelujah pushers - ( the ones who fly around in Learjets) who think they are above the law. CERTAIN and that is the word CERTAIN. BUT NOT ALL of them.
    by the way in AUSTRIA every Church,Temple,Mosque and other places of worship are closed. And all of the have religious services via Internet. Same as it was from the Vatican.Where the Pope was celebrating Mass on an empty St. Peters Square.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/u...rt=mostpopular these ones who think Moses or who ever will hold is hands over them..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (01-04-2020)

I only go to church once a year, on Christmas Eve, 'cuz I love to listen to the Christmas Carols.

But the Constitution says very plainly, "Congress shall pass NO law regulating the church...." Yes, there are some bad pastors, just as there are bad politicians, but most churches, as the 3 churches in the village here starting two weeks ago, voluntarily close their doors. Even if they are open, who's gonna be stupid enough to sit in a pew beside little Billy, coughing, or sneezing Suzie?

And the governors of NY and California are banning the sale of firearms. And they are itching to regulate the "news," control the flow of information, as they control what children "learn" in school. Nancy Pelosi would have bailed out all the bankrupt newspapers in the US in her version of the Corona-virus Relief bill. So the Left is trying to overturn the Constitution itself, or at least its foundations, because, they say, "we are concerned for your safety."

Where have we heard that one before?

Where have we heard that one before?[/QUOTE]

every time something -serious- is happening, and that is every other minute, all over sudden any government is concerned about -our safety- and for the rest of the time, we should be good citizens, pay out taxes, and croak before the age of 65, in order to avoid high hospital and medicine costs. and of course pension payments over many years.
    i remember a film, unfortunately not the title anymore, it was so long ago... -mankind lived in a - protected environment - because -outside - the earth w contaminated, one could not breath and what have you. and after you reached a certain age you were -selected - to go on a trip or something, or on vacation, i don't remember anymore. but reality was, -they- just killed you because resources were limited and could not keep an ever growing population alive. until a group of people -broke out, went through this -capsule and found out that the skies outside were blue, the sun was shining and the air was fresh and breathable. might THAT be the future for use? to be sent on a trip of no return?

Yeah people have to die, humans cause environmental damage and think nothing of it. All in the name of the almighty dollar. We are only killing ourselves, look how clean the air is in China now. The American model is one of dependents on cars, they put the homes over there and all the shops miles away over there. This one thing I love about Russia, there's a food shop close at all times in all places. Less need for cars. Schools are no more than 500 meters apart.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Where have we heard that one before?

every time something -serious- is happening, and that is every other minute, all over sudden any government is concerned about -our safety- and for the rest of the time, we should be good citizens, pay out taxes, and croak before the age of 65, in order to avoid high hospital and medicine costs. and of course pension payments over many years.
    i remember a film, unfortunately not the title anymore, it was so long ago... -mankind lived in a - protected environment - because -outside - the earth w contaminated, one could not breath and what have you. and after you reached a certain age you were -selected - to go on a trip or something, or on vacation, i don't remember anymore. but reality was, -they- just killed you because resources were limited and could not keep an ever growing population alive. until a group of people -broke out, went through this -capsule and found out that the skies outside were blue, the sun was shining and the air was fresh and breathable. might THAT be the future for use? to be sent on a trip of no return?
    Several films with a similar premise but that sounds like Logan's Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    Several films with a similar premise but that sounds like Logan's Run.
    thank you! it was indeed Logans Run..a 1976 SciFi Film with Michael York. Unfortunately i found only trailers..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USADM5Gk9Gs

https://archive.org/details/LogansRunMovie

But I remember several similar films, like Armoured said.
    There may have been an "Outer Limits" show in the same vein, and I heard an OTR (Old Time Radio) show with the same theme. (https://radio.macinmind.com/).

The Left is happy to continue their legal assaults on the church:

https://www.getreligion.org/getrelig...ave-it-at-that

The same Sheriff is letting all the criminals out of the jail.

164-low-level-non-violent-inmates-being-released-from-hillsborough-county-jail-because-of-coronavirus

Transforming criminals into victims, and pastors into criminals.

[QUOTE=TheInterocitor;1491988]The Left is happy to continue their legal assaults on the church:

And here and elsewhere they will continue those assaults.
    “Men who begin to fight the Church for the sake of freedom and humanity end by flinging away freedom and humanity if only they may fight the Church.” GKC

Plus, I got a message when trying to submit this:
    “The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.”

Robinson Crusoe
    Friday
    Romeo
    Juliet
    Mercutio

Hope that does the trick...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (02-04-2020), Hans.KK (02-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    The Left is happy to continue their legal assaults on the church:

And here and elsewhere they will continue those assaults.
    “Men who begin to fight the Church for the sake of freedom and humanity end by flinging away freedom and humanity if only they may fight the Church.” GKC

Plus, I got a message when trying to submit this:
    “The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.”

Robinson Crusoe
    Friday
    Romeo
    Juliet
    Mercutio

Hope that does the trick...
    I get that error, I think it means the forum program failed to save your draft, but has not yet logged you out. (the other type of error is when the program did not save your draft and also logged you out). With the first type of error, I am, usually, able to recover my post by clicking back, waiting til the page fully loads, then clicking back again. Whoever wrote the error codes for the forum software, misprogrammed it - blaming it on the user - "Your message is too short..." because the forum program has already deleted your message.

I would analogize GKC's statement by comparing it to a bridge. The bridge would be built over a long period, consisting of religious discoveries,, ethics, morality, ten Commandments, Golden Rule, all the constructs of religion. It exists as an agreement between communities. It facilitates understanding between various peoples, it symbolizes our understanding of right and wrong, good and bad. Then someone comes along and says, "Well, I will remove this pillar, it is not needed in our modern world." "Who needs this little stone support? We have advanced and progressed." Changes to, destruction of, the family structure, acceptance of abortion, the "sexual revolution, etc." After so many alterations, the bridge would collapse, and then there is no more agreement on what's Right and what's Wrong. Good and Bad become relative terms. Without religion, the only law is the law of the jungle. Okay, it's a goofy analogy! I need to finish my book instead of creating goofy analogies... \

Edit: I don't think I described the two (or more) types of errors very accurately, because it logged me out, and I was able to recover by logging in, then carefully backing up two pages. But I have habituated myself to always Control A and Control C my post before clicking "submit" so that I can just paste it when I get that "too short" message.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (02-04-2020)

URL="https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/164-low-level-non-violent-inmates-being-released-from-hillsborough-county-jail-because-of-coronavirus/67-3f6e7433-3f01-4e95-8d7f-82ab95f13552"]164-low-level-non-violent-inmates-being-released-from-hillsborough-county-jail-because-of-coronavirus[/URL]

- you do not have permission to open this site-... and then a ton of words and letters. wonder what is so important or secret that i am not allowed to see it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast