littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LOCKDOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Oh that I can do, it's getting from my phone to here. You don't have Instagram? It was capitalmoscow that showed it. The city is putting a lot of news out on Instagram.
    I quit social media cept for this site and reddit. It sucks up time. I've got enough stuff I should be doing as it is.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (28-03-2020), Uncle Wally (28-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Virus is tough shit and very small, so burn down all that can burn.
    Those that think some washing / disinfection can do the trick are wrong, washing / disinfection only takes care of the surfaces, what may be hidden in cracks / holes and other inaccessible places is not taken care of just by washing / disinfection. Disinfection gasses may be usable in some cases but you cant be 100% sure.

But be realistic, corona virus is not a threat to the human population, the first waves may take a few % over 1-2 years that is all, it is not a disaster in any way if the authority's can avoid panic.

On a personal level then the death of a love one may be a personal disaster, but not the end of the world, we all have to go sooner or later, I will prefer corona instead of cancer if I can have the chance to choose, corona is a few weeks and you are either gone, or you are alive, cancer can be a few years or more, you may still be alive and suffering like hell.

Btw: Had just returned from the local shop, still toilet paper, but we are asked to let older citizen's do their shopping from the morning until 10 O'clock, and then we, the young once, can start our shopping after 10 O'clock until the shop close around 23 O'clock.
    Interesting idea. I agree with a lot of, but the Chinese gassed stuff, they didn't burn it down. Cept for the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    I quit social media cept for this site and reddit. It sucks up time. I've got enough stuff I should be doing as it is.
    Good idea, I keep it so I can like when my friends post about their concerts and now get a little news from the government. It's getting spooky though, I was tricked into signing up to Facebook about a month ago. I thought I was registering for a forum on tech but at the last moment realized it was Facebook. Real spooky how they could connect my with people I know. I didn't have their phone number or email in my contacts but Facebook was suggesting I friend them. They try real hard to triangulate you and your family and friends. I don't post anything on Facebook put no photos on and will probably delete it soon, VK is enough for me.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Good idea, I keep it so I can like when my friends post about their concerts and now get a little news from the government. It's getting spooky though, I was tricked into signing up to Facebook about a month ago. I thought I was registering for a forum on tech but at the last moment realized it was Facebook. Real spooky how they could connect my with people I know. I didn't have their phone number or email in my contacts but Facebook was suggesting I friend them. They try real hard to triangulate you and your family and friends. I don't post anything on Facebook put no photos on and will probably delete it soon, VK is enough for me.

well, yeah. i mean, its not just about staying up. but then what comes after. maybe u feel bad about not going, so it causes problems with the wife, cuz next time u have to go, but really, what's the point in going, cept hanging with the boys. when u have the wife n kid at home. n what happens when that cute girl winks at you? etc. i mean, life is only as complicated as you make it.

well, yeah. i mean, its not just about staying up. but then what comes after. maybe u feel bad about not going, so it causes problems with the wife, cuz next time u have to go, but really, what's the point in going, cept hanging with the boys. when u have the wife n kid at home. n what happens when that cute girl winks at you? etc. i mean, life is only as complicated as you make it.

I haven't been to a friend's gig in 3 years. I just hit the like button to show some support.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (29-03-2020)

As expected, self-isolation for everyone except essential workers starts in Moscow tomorrow. Details here, in Russian https://ria.ru/20200329/1569323145.html

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suuryaa For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-03-2020), Uncle Wally (29-03-2020)

I thought it was midnight tonight.

Old world gone! New world just here!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-03-2020)

From March 30. So it's midnight.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suuryaa For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (29-03-2020), Uncle Wally (29-03-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suuryaa View Post
    As expected, self-isolation for everyone except essential workers starts in Moscow tomorrow. Details here, in Russian https://ria.ru/20200329/1569323145.html
    The article doesn't say what steps will be taken to ensure compliance but I doubt it's a self-isolation system that they're planning to invoke.

I got out of Moscow while you still could (you still "can" now, but how does one go to the train station without violating the 1.5meter separation rule?).

Anyone still "on the ground" there in the capital, I'd love to know when/if you start seeing police and soldiers roaming the streets to ensure compliance, or perhaps just driving through the streets like our American police do in the ghettos. 🙈
    Stay safe during this over-hyped test, and hope that they don't take away too many of our liberties. The governments are the ones with the guns, after all! 😂😭
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    I thought it was midnight tonight.

Without a single shot fired, if you can believe that! ����
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (29-03-2020)

Allah o akbar! Gulag arhipelag!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    The article doesn't say what steps will be taken to ensure compliance but I doubt it's a self-isolation system that they're planning to invoke.

I got out of Moscow while you still could (you still "can" now, but how does one go to the train station without violating the 1.5meter separation rule?).

Anyone still "on the ground" there in the capital, I'd love to know when/if you start seeing police and soldiers roaming the streets to ensure compliance, or perhaps just driving through the streets like our American police do in the ghettos. ��
    Stay safe during this over-hyped test, and hope that they don't take away too many of our liberties. The governments are the ones with the guns, after all! ����
    So, u think camps? Or ? I'm hoping for just not being let out. I've got enough food to 6-8 weeks.

I'm in the near center but have no desire to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Allah o akbar! Gulag arhipelag!
    Magadan Memories!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (31-03-2020)

Cases have doubled from yesterday and so have deaths. Deaths stand at 17.

I live near Pavlovskaya Sloboda on the way to Istra, a smallish town, population around 7000. No sign of any lockdown here although it applies to Moscow region. Maybe it will come.

Driving into and out of the city is still allowed. Let's see how long that lasts. I bet it doesn't.

As for driving from here to the Moscow Oblast, we tried it yesterday and back today. Drove from our house here in the Oblast to our dacha near Staritsa. Moved about freely. The further from Moscow, the less concerned people are about social distancing. One guy in a gas station was handling money and preparing food wearing the same pair of gloves. When we asked him to change them, he laughed.

Listening to the news and reading the Russian press, more enforcement of the lockdown is on the way. Some kind of a pass system will be set up. I read that the grocery and similar stores will stop taking cash payments and will be setting up a process to sell food without allowing people go into the stores, as is now the practice in the UK. If this is being announced, I interpret it as a kind of warning and prep for what is in fact to come.

I wonder how long people will be allowed to drive out to the regions from Moscow to the dachas and the effect of infected people showing up at Russia's medical facilities in the regions. For that reason, we went to our dacha today. But we had contact with absolutely no one, easy to do. Pretty empty out there.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (31-03-2020), nicklcool (31-03-2020), Uncle Wally (31-03-2020)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast