littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LOCKDOWN!

In our version of dachaland/moskovskaya oblast, reasonably quiet (but then it usually is). When out to do the shopping, most stores closed except groceries and pharmacies. The one notable exception are the mobile phone shops/service spots, I guess because they're as essential as banks (and in many cases serve as banks e.g. money transfers). Shopkeepers all with masks, at the local larger grocery, about two-thirds of clients with some form of mask. Just about every place - except the smaller stands - has lines at the cashier indicating how far apart clients should stay; most clients seem to be making some effort to respect that.

I've not seen a single police patrol out. But, the first report locally of police - not clear whether actually on duty or even whether actual police - stopping someone on a local dacha walk and trying to extract a fine; this on a very small side-street so it's not like they were out trying to stop people actually moving about. Biggest gap in knowledge is that eveyrone shares and reports the rules for Moscow, but confusion about what rules apply to moscow oblast.

A fair number of people walking about - either with dogs or children - but in this area, enough space that 'social distancing' is a way of life. Almost every dacha occupied - very unusual for this time of year - and at least everyone can work in their yard. Biggest actual issue/complaint is people burning leaves and garbage (not much fun getting out for fresh air and having smoke linger at ground level). It's gotten better over last several days - some social persuasion, some being proactive about just calling the fire service.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (06-04-2020), xt-tsi (06-04-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    An almost doubling of the daily infection rate for today (950-odd new cases, vs. hovering around 500 new cases per day for the past few days. Just go to Yandex's homepage to see the chart of daily new infections.

Anyone still in Moscow or the Moscow suburbs sense that this will lead to new, harsher restrictions?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    An almost doubling of the daily infection rate for today (950-odd new cases, vs. hovering around 500 new cases per day for the past few days. Just go to Yandex's homepage to see the chart of daily new infections.
    Due to https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html then Russia is stable on around 500 cases pr day, it fit with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...emic_in_Russia
    Maybe we should take Yandex info as "a point of view"?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (07-04-2020)

Anyone still in Moscow or the Moscow suburbs sense that this will lead to new, harsher restrictions?
    Well, we already know what those restrictions would be. Total lockdown in the apt. Tracking via phone n card. That's the scariest for me. The idea that big brother interfaces with big guv. Of course, the feds already can track people. But, the idea that city hall can pinpoint a person and verify their position or see if they have the right to buy something from the store is crazy scary. Cash is the answer, but for how long?

I read something somewhere that said that small biz isn't being supported, with websites down nother people out of work , so, since a minority of russisns, like 65%, have no savings, we can expect crime rates to rise. That's prob the next trigger to a larger scale crackdown.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (07-04-2020)

I agree. The Russian media is spelling it out. More restrictions to come.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Due to https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html then Russia is stable on around 500 cases pr day, it fit with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...emic_in_Russia
    Maybe we should take Yandex info as "a point of view"?
    Who do you believe, Hans, The Moscow Times and Yandex, or your lying eyes?

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...-record-a69710
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...-record-a69710
    This shows pneumonia deaths went up 37% in Moscow during Feb 2020 versus Jan 2019.

https://www.rbc.ru/society/13/03/202...794761618f1a7b

Murashko, the Health Minister responded saying overall pneumonia deaths in Russia went down 20% in 2020 versus 2019, as of 16 Mar.

Check out Murashko's picture in the attached.

https://ria.ru/20200316/1568663909.html

Guys when ****ing Corona pandemic will be end?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    From 6 month, up to two years from now, seems to be the current estimate, depending on if they manage to find a vaccine or/and cure, and/or how long they can keep people "isolated", many millions are going to be infected world wide and maybe more than a million people are going to die.

Just as a reference, the African Swine Flue is a virus too, and they fight it with hard measures, what is going on about the measures taken regarding Corona is nothing compare to what they do to fight African Swine Flue, both viruses have no vaccine or cure at this point in time, they stay at their respectively species humans and pigs, but they spread differently, Corona spread via droplets from one human mouth to an other directly or by transport by hands, African Swine Flue spread (from what they know) by blood and stools. All this to say that some viruses are damn hard to fight when you have no vaccine or cure.

Regarding this Corona, we just have to wait, most of the shit the media is writing is just made to gain the media more attention (sell adds and get subscribers), sensation and great drama is the order of the day.
    I think more restrictions will come, people do stay home we can see that on the streets right now, but still to many just carry on as everyday, and it is not good, it will keep the spread rate high, and the spread rate need to come down to prevent the health care system from overloading.

I do acknowledge that there is an other point of view where we should just get as many people infected as possibly as soon as possibly, that will be best for the economy, then society/business can get started again asap, the price will just be more people will have to die and the health care system may overload, may even collapse, and panic in-between people may cause more death and destruction, but it is a valid point of view.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (08-04-2020), nicklcool (07-04-2020), Uncle Wally (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Simple answer, it will not entirely end until there is a tested vaccine which is produced and available to the global population.......
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (08-04-2020), Uncle Wally (08-04-2020)

I wish soon. My wife had to rush back to Russia while visiting me here in Malaysia before the lockdown and closing of borders. We were on the beach on an Island called Redang when it happens. I did not pay much attention to the news. The Island was quite secluded. Next thing I knew a police patrol boat told us to evacuate soon, they say army going to be deployed too.. It was hell man.. Now I am just waiting for this lockdown to end so we can see each other again

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hizam4747 For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (08-04-2020), Uncle Wally (08-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Simple answer, it will not entirely end until there is a tested vaccine which is produced and available to the global population.......
    Which of course will be sold to you by Bill Gates who will also include a tag so you can travel and be tracked 24/7 by the US deep state government. This is a theift of money and freedom.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

The thought occurred to me today, if you analyze the pros and cons for the different players, this "emergency state" ain't going away by April 30th (or whatever the current date is for the USA and the other Western countries).

Why would it?

For either scenario, that's pretty much impossible:

For the "this is a real thing we should be afraid of" crowd, the virus will still be spreading, vaccine not ready, and not enough people vaccinated, anyway, by April --.

For the "this is all fake, an inflated flu virus that's allowing them to consolidate power, test the limits of our citizens, make more people dependent on government, force vaccination upon people, and recapture wealth from the markets" crowd, April -- also doesn't make sense. For this crowd, we pretty much accept that our leaders don't have our best interests at heart, so why would they stop the pain? Nobody's mass vaccinated yet, the economy hasn't plummeted enough to make us dependent peons, not enough wealth has been confiscated, and the people are still letting their governments push them around without pushing back, so why end it?
    For this crowd, it's interesting that Russians are "stronger" in that they take less sh*t, but they also probably (reasonably) fear their police more, whereas in American we're all pretty weak and zombie-ized, despite our stronger constitutional protections. In Italy and Spain, the unemployment rates in "good" times even is incredulously high, so do they really even feel any pain?
    Also interesting for Russia is that schools probably won't reopen for just a month, and so many Russians vacation and relax over the summer that would it really even make sense to the government to reopen before the Summer (or, yikes, during it!)?
    So, which country's citizens will say "enough is enough" first?

Or, based on scenario one (Tolko's naive take, ha!), when do you think it will be "safe" to give us our liberties back??

Interesting times!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (09-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    In 1 JUN Israel will test first Coronavirus vaccine on humans, If it work pandemic will be end.
    https://www.jpost.com/health-science...ys-away-623228

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast