littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LOCKDOWN!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    It's already official, xs-tsi:
    https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4309267

You need to apply for a freaking QR code just to leave to walk your dog, buybgroceries, or take out the trash!
    And it's not clear how you apply for the QR codes if your actual residence is different from your registration address, as is the case with many of us foreigners.

Hope you emptied out your fridge, xs, so you can hang out in the countryside for the long run, that is, if you don't agree with this QR code system.
    I know Russians don't have a 1A freedom of assembly, but on top of these measures, worldwide, it's pretty incredible how far we're letting ourselves be pushed, over basically the flu, without a single shot fired! Today's Americans probably wouldn't even have gone against England as our Sons of Liberty did in '73 - we would've just rolled over and paid the taxes! :'(
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Judge (31-03-2020)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    From the above link.

''Moreover, the presentation makes it clear that fines can be issued automatically. So, with the help of video analytics systems, sanctions can be applied “in case of exceeding the number of exits and appearing in other areas”. In case of detection of violators by means of billing of mobile operators or bank transactions, such automatic fines are not mentioned in the document. The presentation also stipulates that fully penalties and the control system should work from April 4. ''

This is a pretty wild and somewhat clever idea.

But from that article it said that Russia has a 55% smartphone penetration rate and 60x for Moscow. So, what happens to those people that can't get this qr code?

And of course, you have to have internet.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (31-03-2020), nicklcool (01-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    It's already official, xs-tsi:
    https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4309267

You need to apply for a freaking QR code just to leave to walk your dog, buybgroceries, or take out the trash!
    And it's not clear how you apply for the QR codes if your actual residence is different from your registration address, as is the case with many of us foreigners.

Hope you emptied out your fridge, xs, so you can hang out in the countryside for the long run, that is, if you don't agree with this QR code system.
    I know Russians don't have a 1A freedom of assembly, but on top of these measures, worldwide, it's pretty incredible how far we're letting ourselves be pushed, over basically the flu, without a single shot fired! Today's Americans probably wouldn't even have gone against England as our Sons of Liberty did in '73 - we would've just rolled over and paid the taxes! :'(
    An excellent way to track the phone, and possibly the owner of the phone!

Still struggling to understand how facial recognition CCTV will work when so many people are wearing masks / facial scarves?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (31-03-2020), Hans.KK (31-03-2020), nicklcool (01-04-2020), Suuryaa (01-04-2020)

It's not confirmed yet if they will do this or not. My friend who is a dental surgeon said he was already giving a special pass to move around. He is also on emergency duty and said he just sits around with nothing to do at the clinic.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    An excellent way to track the phone, and possibly the owner of the phone!

Still struggling to understand how facial recognition CCTV will work when so many people are wearing masks / facial scarves?
    I heard the Russian system can even if you wear a mask. Can recognize you by body shape and how stand or walk.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I heard the Russian system can even if you wear a mask. Can recognize you by body shape and how stand or walk.
    Even if I leave my phone at home

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Moscow has been putting up cameras all over the place. Now if they get a photo of someone they can't identify they run it through VK until they find a match. The police have already caught many people like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It wouldn't be able to, no.

The only way would be some kind of control, like if they have been self-learning and matching at the metro.

Or using the pics n vids posted on vk. Or fb.

Or possibly airports, after border patrol has checked I'd. Or, I guess the cameras in your podyezd. Matched with phone records/gps.

But prob, they would really have to be interested in u. The random computer power to track thru different databases would be crazy.

Out here in the oblast, the lockdown is essentially voluntary. No one is being stopped outside by the police and questioned. I visited our local village called Pavlovskaya Sloboda yesterday to take a look and because I needed to change some money. People were walking around casually on the main street. It was not especially uncrowded. At least half of the people I saw outside wore masks, mostly bought at construction sites, designed for dust protection. Social distancing is not required or universally practiced. The bank where I change money has a waiting room, about 30 m2. In it were six people, all sitting right next to one another in a stuffy room, waiting in line. I took my place in line and waited outside, in the open air. The woman changing the money sits behind a thick glass plate. I held my breath while changing my money and then did the same as I deposited it in an outdoor Sberbank cash machine, followed by a thorough hand washing.

After that, I got my car washed, standing outside while it was being done. The car wash attendant offered to shake my hand. The car wash has a small coffee shop and in it were four other guys waiting for their car to be washed, wearing masks, sitting next to each other and drinking coffee. All the migrant workers washing the cars were wearing masks. Next door to the car wash, the outdoor construction materials market was shut down tight. A car wash is open and considered a necessity but not an outdoor construction market. Normally, I get impatient waiting for my car to get washed in Russia. This time, I hoped it would last a long time. I never imagined a trip to the car wash would be so much fun.

We have a rental apartment in Pavlovskaya Sloboda that emptied out last month. I listed the apartment and thought we'd never get a renter in this environment. Over two weeks, we had one phone call from someone living in the same building, looking for a place to house an aged relative. The statistics on Avito showed that five people looked at our ad. Two days ago someone showed up who works for McDonalds. He took the rental on the spot. Our local McDonalds, it turns out, is doing a thriving business at their drive up window and its local staff was given a certain amount of money to rent an apartment within a certain radius of the store. Our renter is one of the McDonalds employees. We lucked out, due to another exception in the rules.

The Tadzhiks and other gastarbeiter in the area are still at work. If there are any restrictions on their movements and activities in the Moscow Oblast, the Tadzhiks are unaware of them. The border with Tadzhikistan is shut down, leaving the Tadzhiks in Russia in high demand. Several live in our neighborhood in crowded bunkhouses. One I spoke to yesterday seemed oblivious to COVID-19 and could not understand why I wouldn't stand close to him. When I explained the risks of personal contact, he told me, it's in Allah's hands. I could see his point.

A friend drove into Moscow yesterday from his dacha outside the city. He is over 65 and had he been caught, he could have been fined. He took a taxi and the driver did not want to open the window, but he did it, reluctantly, claiming the virus is bogus. My friend arrived at his apartment from his dacha in the region without a hitch.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 05-04-2020 at 09:37.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (05-04-2020), FatAndy (06-04-2020), Hans.KK (05-04-2020), Uncle Wally (06-04-2020)

Yesterday my wife was told by two cops to go home when she was walking with my daughter in the park next to home. Shocking since we never see cops here, don't even have a police station. I went to the shop not long after and the cops were gone and people were walking all around, shop had lots of people there and nobody wearing a mask, except for the cashiers.
    I also heard that Putin deemed tobacco non essential and closed the cigarette factories. That will not go over well and I think his one big mistake so far. Vodka on the other hand is essential, that won't go well either, one month of drunkenness, not good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (05-04-2020)

I agree. Not a good idea to deny smokers their tobacco.

Also, India and Sr Lanka are shut down. These are the two biggest tea producers. There is a high likelihood that they won't take part in the upcoming tea auctions, allowing the possibility of Russia running out of tea.

Alcohol supplies seem to be holding up. I don't hoard, but have plenty of booze on hand. I am down to one cigar though. The situation is becoming critical.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (05-04-2020)

[QUOTE=xt-tsi;1492083]I agree. Not a good idea to deny smokers their tobacco.

Also, India and Sr Lanka are shut down. These are the two biggest tea producers. There is a high likelihood that they won't take part in the upcoming tea auctions, allowing the possibility of Russia running out of tea.

Azerbaijan will be happy, plenty tea there. Down south in Russia, plenty tea grows there. Russia will learn how to drink GOOD tea.Not the Lipton powder dust... ( when i was in Sri Lanka and asked where Lipton is produces, they just laughed at me. And told me, all the crap that is left over goes into teabags. never mind which company produces tea). Georgia, well there is a problem, but the Grannies for sure will fix that, when they start clamoring for their tea...https://www.rferl.org/a/the-revival-.../30230293.html
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Down south in Russia, plenty tea grows there. Russia will learn how to drink GOOD tea
    Indeed, Krasnodarskiy chai, nice!

Moscow, YuZAO/YuAO border, no police, no fines. Very much less cars on the road, much-much less ppl in the street, and almost a half of ppl wear masks outdoors, but in food shops or shopping centers all cashiers are in masks, some security guys too.
    I put a mask on before entering a shop/pharmacy and discard it after exit.
    At the same time, I always avoid to touch face/eyes and wash hands and face thoroughly immediately after entering home.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast