littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only 1% of Russian Have 1 Million Ruble Deposit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    THAT is a statement that makes sense to me.
    and with that 1 million ruble deposit in the bank,i believe that. Russians buy more tangible things as soon as they have extra money. might that be a piece of land, a dacha, an apartment. or a new big SUV. or they keep it STILL in the -bank - under the bed...
    But here is the deal.

It's called transportation. And as things now stand, the ships are not moving. Ports aren't open. So if the manifest has shown the ship had been to China, it's really stuck. It has goods, can't unload them or pick up new goods from that country. Without goods, the shops can't sell stuff, etc. There are things still in warehouses, but those are dwindling. Furthermore, everything will now have to be decontaminated. So, global trade is locked up, and it will take a very long time to untangle this knot.

Same story with train. Truck, etc. Plus a lot of the goods will have to be destroyed cuz of possible virus. And bills need to be paid and and and.

We are on the final page of the old world n can start to see the new world coming into focus. It's going to be dark.

Everything is imported at some level of the added-value stage.

Cept maybe military equipment.

Or maybe beets and beet sugar and potatoes n tomatoes n meat/chicken/grains.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Everything is imported at some level of the added-value stage.

Cept maybe military equipment.

Or maybe beets and beet sugar and potatoes n tomatoes n meat/chicken/grains.
    Actually potatoes are imported at certain times of the year, other vegetables too.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (28-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Actually potatoes are imported at certain times of the year, other vegetables too.
    that's right. from egypt and israel. crazy, right?

I've looked to import stuff from time to time and it always amazes me where the stuff actually comes from.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12