littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I get my $1000 check?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Either sell your condo and buy a bank, or sell the condo and buy a building...on Wall Street ?
    Hey, give a guy a gun and he can rob a bank.

Give a guy a bank and he can rob the world.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

BigBear (25-03-2020), Hans.KK (24-03-2020), TheInterocitor (24-03-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Calculate how much your stimulus check will be:

coronavirus-stimulus-checks-how-much-will-you-get
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

bydand (30-03-2020)

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said eligible Americans will receive direct-deposit payments as part of the $2.2 trillion rescue bill “within three weeks.”

“We expect that within three weeks, that people who have direct deposit with information with us will see those direct deposits into their bank accounts, and we will create a web-based system for people where we don’t have their direct deposit, they can upload it so that they can get the money immediately as opposed to checks in the mail,” Mnuchin said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Calculate how much your stimulus check will be:

coronavirus-stimulus-checks-how-much-will-you-get
    Including expats? I doubt it.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (30-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Including expats? I doubt it.
    Now's the time to write letters or email to your Representative and Senators to make them aware. Believe it or not, it works.

Who said anything about a 2018 "tax break"? The elephant OP markmarkov, has left the room.
    Bydand,
    What makes you think I left the room? I am here and have been here for 16 years
    There's a common stereotype that a U.S. citizen maintains some type of "home base" (relatives, property, mailing address, etc.) "back home". Well, not me. No relatives, no address, no property, etc. in the U.S. That's why I started this thread.
    However, since then I realized that this discussion is a bit pointless.
    For example, one poster suggested contacting the embassy. However, we know that the embassy doesn't help with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) matters.
    As far as getting a U.S. mailbox and doing a change of address with the IRS, there are issues with that beyond the scope of this discussion (ex.: they send info to the State and the State starts sending you letters that you're missing a tax return, not knowing that you're abroad, then estimates tax due and tries to collect, etc.)
    Besides, what would I do with the check if I do get one?
    I did file tax returns every year but unfortunately I always owe money (interest and dividends higher than standard deduction). My 2018 tax return has my Russian address (I actually prefer it that way so they don't question the foreign tax exclusion, etc.)
    If I am simply SOL, that's ok too. Perhaps expats are excluded from this benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    Perhaps expats are excluded from this benefit.
    Most likely, the check is a stimulation to the US economy because a lot of people inside the US, have, or are about to lose their source of income, it is not a stimulation to anyone's economy where ever him/she may live. It si also a way to send a signal "Uncle Sam is taken care about you!", relax, do not start to do anything stupid (we have problems enough already).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (02-04-2020)

Or you don't pay attention to how much is being stolen. Releaf equals theft. They will just tax people to steal back the funny money they print out of nothing. All the "releaf" gives the FED the right to take over your business if you can pay them back. The 6 people who own half of everything will end up owning 75% of everything or more.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

According to what I heard, the SBA is going to give out loans (Economic Impact loans) to small businesses, including those American businesses described as being "Sole Proprietors" and "Independent Contractors". And such loans may be forgiven (no need to fully pay back).

According to what I heard, the SBA is going to give out loans (Economic Impact loans) to small businesses, including those American businesses described as being "Sole Proprietors" and "Independent Contractors". And such loans may be forgiven (no need to fully pay back).
    When are you going to open your small business?
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Or you don't pay attention to how much is being stolen. Releaf equals theft. They will just tax people to steal back the funny money they print out of nothing. All the "releaf" gives the FED the right to take over your business if you can pay them back. The 6 people who own half of everything will end up owning 75% of everything or more.
    You unwittingly uncovered one of the main reasons to hype up fake hysteria over this #NewFluVirus, my friend!
    The stock market crash just made a whole lot of paper a lot cheaper, and it ain't middle and lower-middle class people, who are worried about mortgages and groceries, who will be buying up these cheap stocks!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    You unwittingly uncovered one of the main reasons to hype up fake hysteria over this #NewFluVirus, my friend!
    The stock market crash just made a whole lot of paper a lot cheaper, and it ain't middle and lower-middle class people, who are worried about mortgages and groceries, who will be buying up these cheap stocks!
    I don't know if it is fake but more and more I'm believing it was planned. All the stuff with Bill Gates, army games held in Wuhan China just weeks before, Nancy Pelosi comes up with a 1400 page bill over the weekend, hell they came up with the bill quickly too. The authoritarian measures the US government is coming up with are scary. No more paper money? Bill Gates talks about a chip implant or you can travel, social point system and more. This lock down will make people crazy, drink too much, over dose on drugs or just more drug use, suicide because people lose everything, millions of Americans live pay check to pay check, what are they going to do? The incompetent government works are going to screw this all up and cause more problems for people. Already unemployment web sites are crashing, it's going to get so bad that the only way for the government to get people money will be the old fashioned way, send out truck loads of money and a folding table with two chairs. 150 million people are supposed to get money by 17 April, get the popcorn ready cause that will be nuts. That's when the riots start. The US is already having problems with food distribution too, what's it going to be like in two weeks. Pandemonium.

When are you going to open your small business?
    For the last 3-4 years, I filled out the "home business" thing on the 1040, for my EBay earnings. You can deduct expenses - like 65c a mile for car expense (going to auctions to get "inventory", mainly), cost of shipping, cost of the items you buy to resell, etc. Before that I didn't bother, but if your sales go over $20,000 year, Ebay (Paypal actually) sends you and the IRS a 1099, and they count that as "income.".

For the last 3-4 years, I filled out the "home business" thing on the 1040, for my EBay earnings. You can deduct expenses - like 65c a mile for car expense (going to auctions to get "inventory", mainly), cost of shipping, cost of the items you buy to resell, etc. Before that I didn't bother, but if your sales go over $20,000 year, Ebay (Paypal actually) sends you and the IRS a 1099, and they count that as "income.".
    Do you know you have to pay Russian taxes and Americanself-employment tax since it is no totalization agreement between US an Russia?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to seaworld For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by seaworld View Post
    Do you know you have to pay Russian taxes and Americanself-employment tax since it is no totalization agreement between US an Russia?
    I'm in Kansas, but when I was in Russia, I hired an accountant to make sure all my t's were crossed and i's dotted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12