littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do I get my $1000 check?

Where do I get my $1000 check?

No plans to visit the U.S., especially amid coronavirus pandemic.
    I did file taxes every year. Haven't filed 2019 yet 'cause I file every year in October.
    Problem: I don't have a U.S. address

Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    I did file taxes every year. Haven't filed 2019 yet 'cause I file every year in October.
    you have an embassy and consutate in Moscow and a citizen service bureau there? suppose THEY will be better prepared to help?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

They will send you a check to Russia (You have to include an address change form), but be assured, the banks here don't know what to do with a check.

If you have a bank or brokerage account in the USA (not Russia) you can get a direct deposit.

Any trusted relatives or friends in USA?
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-03-2020)

You could also get a virtual address that scans all of your mail and emails it to you for maybe $10 a month. Tons of addresses n states to choose from. Google it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Armoured (22-03-2020), nicklcool (24-03-2020), TheInterocitor (22-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    They will send you a check to Russia (You have to include an address change form), but be assured, the banks here don't know what to do with a check.

If you have a bank or brokerage account in the USA (not Russia) you can get a direct deposit.

Any trusted relatives or friends in USA?
    Any links for more information? This is one that I have seen and am aware of, but haven't had time to dig into.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...al-individuals

They may not say so, but I know from experience they do not direct deposit to RF. The embassy won't help, its IRS business.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    If you filed taxes last year (tax year 2018), and got a refund via Direct Deposit, they will send it to that bank account.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...al-individuals

They may not say so, but I know from experience they do not direct deposit to RF. The embassy won't help, its IRS business.
    If I lived in Russia, I could not get direct deposit to Russian bank for SS or federal annuity? I could use debit card to withdraw from bankomat, from USA-located bank, but the debit card expires every two years or so. Don't know if I trust them to mail a new one to Russia.
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

There is only one bank that will cash American checks VTB and ut will take 2 or 3 weeks and cost you $200 or more. Depends on the amount of the check. Your mileage may vary.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

bydand (23-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    There is only one bank that will cash American checks VTB and ut will take 2 or 3 weeks and cost you $200 or more. Depends on the amount of the check. Your mileage may vary.
    Yes, our mileage was to Tver, because we were told VTB could do it, they couldn't. That was a while back, maybe they (or a Moscw/different branch) could now.

Yes, our mileage was to Tver, because we were told VTB could do it, they couldn't. That was a while back, maybe they (or a Moscw/different branch) could now.
    No this was a long time ago and it was only at the head office in Moscow.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

bydand (23-03-2020), Hans.KK (23-03-2020)

It took me a long to fix the solution of cashing cheques from UK and USA. You can cash tax cheques from here.

https://rttax.com/countries/usa/

https://rttax.com/check-cashing/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsimpson For This Useful Post:

BigBear (24-03-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    If you filed taxes last year (tax year 2018), and got a refund via Direct Deposit, they will send it to that bank account.
    You all are ignoring the elephant in the room, the fact that this tax break is tailored against middle class whites, in that if you filed for a loss in 2018 (and a host of whole other things), you'll be ineligible for this refund!
    LOL so even though I provided a service to the government by helping them house their citizens (rented out my condo), since I took a loss for the year on my taxes, I'm ineligible for this "tax break."

Yet Wall Street got its trillion-dollar bailout, no questions asked.

Hmmmm, there's a lesson to be learned here, but I'm not quite sure what it is. Can anyone out there help me!!??
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    You all are ignoring the elephant in the room, the fact that this tax break....
    Who said anything about a 2018 "tax break"? The elephant OP markmarkov, has left the room.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Hmmmm, there's a lesson to be learned here, but I'm not quite sure what it is. Can anyone out there help me!!??
    Either sell your condo and buy a bank, or sell the condo and buy a building...on Wall Street ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (24-03-2020)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast