littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: EU/Russian Border Control - Passport Control due to Corona virus disease (COVID-19) outbreak

EU/Russian Border Control - Passport Control due to Corona virus disease (COVID-19) outbreak

Please, Help and Advise I need.
    Entering Russia has been restricted due to the Corona virus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
    I am planing to go back to Russia, to rejoin my wife, i have 3 years Temporary Resistance Permit and 3 years Visa.
    my planed entry to Russia in my car at the border Latvia-Russia,
    App Burachki - АПП Бурачки.

The Russian Embassy in London told me that only Diplomat, or Russian citizens or Permanent Residence Permit holders
    are allowed to enter Russia.
    but they do not know about the Temporary Residence Permit holders Status. also told me this restriction is valid to the 1st May 2020.
    this means to me that i must wait till 1st of May, "this may get extended, I do not know".

I am in France, and is a long way to drive to Latvia/Russian Border to be told to get back !!!!!!

Please, is any one can give me info that I can relay on, or comments or pointers, i will be thankful.

Thank you All....

Since you are in France, have you tried the Consulate in Paris? They might be able to add something.
    Phone numbers are
    +33 1 45 04 05 50
    +33 1 45 04 40 30

Also, be aware that people arriving from, or having spent time in France, are required to auto-isolate for 14 dis on arrival (assuming you would be allowed in).

Having said this, are you sure that you will be able to make the trip by car anyway? I have read that Russia has closed its land borders with Poland and Norway have been closed, but nothing about other land borders. However, I also read that Latvia has closed its borders to everyone except residents of Latvia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

oldtimer (21-03-2020)

Let your wife to call to federal border service and ask:
    Контактный телефон для получения справочной информации о порядке выезда из Российской Федерации и въезда в Российскую Федерацию российских и иностранных граждан 8 (495) 626-77-40 (с 09.00 до 18.00 по рабочим дням).
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

BigBear (20-03-2020), oldtimer (21-03-2020), Uncle Wally (21-03-2020)

I just received a message from the Belgian Embassy regarding travel to Russia in which they state:

Since 18 March and until 1 May access to Russia is temporarily forbidden to foreigners (except for holders of a permanent residency permit).

They confirm the 14 day quarantine requirement.

They also confirm that travel by car is still possible except for travel from Belarus and China. In particular they confirm that the frontier crossings with the Baltic states and also Finland are still open. They do stress, however, that this situation can change quickly.

It’s not relevant for you, but they also point out that travel to Finland by train or bus will not be possible between 19 March and 13 April.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

oldtimer (21-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I am in France, and is a long way to drive to Latvia/Russian Border to be told to get back !!!!!!
    Better stay put where you are since you don't have permanent residence permit. You should have left France long time ago and Russia gave several days warning of border closure.

Thank you all.
    yes i went to Krasnoyarsk last summer from France, 5 days to Moscow, then another 5 days to Krasnoyarsk, trip of a life time. Was on my <BUCKET LIST>.
    i did have the chance to do it Jan or Feb, but i thought to wait to after winter, March or April.... well well, it seems now that i have to wait to at least after 1 May.
    In any case, <<the heart will grew fonder, as the say goes>>

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Thank you all.
    yes i went to Krasnoyarsk
    The city of fountains and funny monuments!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    How can you forget hot Russian women! Ah, Olga, I have such fond memories.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Like the time when we spend 11 hours waiting at the railroad station on a train that "will arrive in a moment".