littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: make your own jogurt or kefir,Auchan has a -starter - kit

make your own jogurt or kefir,Auchan has a -starter - kit

the easy way, buy a good -Greek- style yogurt, add milk and let it stand on a warm place over night. same with Kefir. does work but is is a hit and miss action, often depending on the milk. best works with the -cheaper - milk in the plastic pouches. this i milk is not homogenized, sterilized and other -ised-. has a shelf life of only a few days. same with Kefir. Best of course,use fresh milk from the -Dacha- or Granny's cow. but who has that.
    the starter kit, it is enough for 6 liters of products, first time i have seen it at Auchan. I have bought it long time ago at the 36.6 Chemist on Tverskaya Street. But here, not everyone seems to stock them. And they kept them in the refrigerator. must have been something different...

by the way, when i went there yesterday, TONS of toilet paper. or any other product. it was business as usual, no face masks, no Sani Gel on every corner. We also were at GLOBUS. Same there. And later I went to Billa,because it is just around the corner, full shelves, no panic, nothing.BILLA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

That's cool. I have both in my fridge, but I just vivo from zakvaski.com. the price points look similar.
    Fresh kefir is awesome and nothing like in the store. It's light and fluffy with a great slightly bubbly taste.

I like to take the yogurt and strain it to remove the whey and then use the remaining base for a spread. I mix in lots of fresh cut herbs and it's great

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    That's cool. I have both in my fridge, but I just vivo from zakvaski.com. the price points look similar.
    Fresh kefir is awesome and nothing like in the store. It's light and fluffy with a great slightly bubbly taste.

I like to take the yogurt and strain it to remove the whey and then use the remaining base for a spread. I mix in lots of fresh cut herbs and it's great
    i leave kefir always a few days more in the refrigerator. until it becomes -thick- and creamy, nearly like yogurt. nice for breakfast with oats ( i put it up the night before, so the oats - Hercules - are soft and soaked through.) or with cornflakes. And since we are in Russia, also with buckwheat...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Kefir is just super reviver at hangover
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    ...by the way, when i went there yesterday, TONS of toilet paper. or any other product. it was business as usual, no face masks, no Sani Gel on every corner. We also were at GLOBUS. Same there. And later I went to Billa,because it is just around the corner, full shelves, no panic, nothing.BILLA
    As I read in a post elsewhere, if people really need 144 rolls of toilet paper to self-isolate for 14 days, then they’ve got a bad case of food poisoning that they should have got treated a long time ago. Still, the home-made yoghurt will come in handy to get themselves back on their feet

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-03-2020)