littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discrimination at the bank

Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    On a serious note, are you sure it wasn't some valid legal regulation that she just didn't present correctly? Did you sign the U.S. taxpayer forms? Perhaps she was suggesting (in her own Kashin-like way) that your wife do the transaction so you don't have to sign all that paperwork?
    As close to 100% sure as I can be. How is it I could withdraw as many of my dollars as wanted, but could not exchange for rubles? What if I was just a tourist (with proper passport & visa)? The previous manager was much better, actually helpful. The current manager doesn't deserve her position IMO; bank employees' disposition under her is noticeably worse.
    Last edited by bydand; 23-03-2020 at 12:41.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    The previous manager was much better, actually helpful.
    Probably moved to Tver' or Moscow. Good personell usually goes "upstairs" quick enough.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

bydand (23-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Probably moved to Tver' or Moscow. Good personell usually goes "upstairs" quick enough.
    Actually, they "retired" her.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Can you go up the "upstairs"? Up the chain of command? For example, I had problem with UPS shipment. With local office, they mailed it to wrong address, and it was returned to their office. They would not deliver it to proper address nor give it back to me. Instead they were going to trash it! That was their policy, he said. Finally, I asked regional office to step in. I got my package back the next day. That local manager was admonished and he apologized.
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Can you go up the "upstairs"? Up the chain of command? For example, I had problem with UPS shipment. With local office, they mailed it to wrong address, and it was returned to their office. They would not deliver it to proper address nor give it back to me. Instead they were going to trash it! That was their policy, he said. Finally, I asked regional office to step in. I got my package back the next day. That local manager was admonished and he apologized.
    Of course we could go "upstairs", she was rattled when told we called their hotline. Situation resolved, if we complain I'm sure she'll turn into a witch again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12