littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Might Russia close down the border with the Baltics because of Coronavirus?

Might Russia close down the border with the Baltics because of Coronavirus?

I was planning on doing a visa run to Estonia (from St. Pete) in the summer, but I don't want to be locked out if I leave the country. I wasn't planning on leaving "for real" until late October, so I could do a visa run in late April (I have the 6 month at a time visa).

BUMP

No one has anything to say?

Well, other country's had closed their borders for non citizen (or persons from specific areas of the world) and they have done so with a very short time span less than 24 hours, so best bet at this point in time is to stay where you want to be, do not travel abroad unless it is absolutely needed.
    The issue is not only that some borders may be closed, but you may end up i quarantine for god knows how long in the middle of no-where, or you leave country A to enter country B, but country B will not let you enter, and country will not let you enter = you got a huge problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel...virus_pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Well, other country's had closed their borders for non citizen (or persons from specific areas of the world) and they have done so with a very short time span less than 24 hours, so best bet at this point in time is to stay where you want to be, do not travel abroad unless it is absolutely needed.
    The issue is not only that some borders may be closed, but you may end up i quarantine for god knows how long in the middle of no-where, or you leave country A to enter country B, but country B will not let you enter, and country will not let you enter = you got a huge problem.

Yes, I think I will stay in Russia until my visa runs out of its 182-day stay, and just hope that everything returns to normal by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post

Hans - it is staycations this year

BREAKING NEWS: EU Decides to Close All Schengen Borders For 30 Days

Can anyone share more details on how to extend the visa due to special circumstances? I understand it's the local MVD but what's the process, application req'd, etc.
    Tnx

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: EU Decides to Close All Schengen Borders For 30 Days

Can anyone share more details on how to extend the visa due to special circumstances? I understand it's the local MVD but what's the process, application req'd, etc.
    Tnx
    https://letsrussia.com/coronavirus?f...wnZLQzmhiaxssM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (19-03-2020)

Just got this.

Just talked to travel mngr. she said that on Monday MVD will issue the documents explaining that ll foreigners being stuck in Russia because of the virus and the whole thing, will be granted 3 month transit visa to take care of their stuff