littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Moscow opens fairyland theme park, and thank god it is NOT a Disney...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,865
    Thanked: 4749

    Moscow opens fairyland theme park, and thank god it is NOT a Disney...

    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...opening-a69462
    and because it is cold in Russia, or so they say, 9 month winter and three month not warm, - everything - is under one roof.

    that was the original plan
    https://www.rbth.com/arts/2016/03/16...neyland_576241

    and a recent write up
    https://www.rbth.com/travel/331762-r...sneyland-opens

    40 $ tickets with variations for families, WW2 veterans for sure, pensioners and what have you?

    tother then the DISNEY parks, Wonder World is not a -children themed - park but according to the article, a park for the whole family.
    I think for the time being i will give it a miss, not everything is working. And for sure there will be the usual opening hick ups. i go and have a look in summer....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...opening-a69462
    and because it is cold in Russia, or so they say, 9 month winter and three month not warm, - everything - is under one roof.

    that was the original plan
    https://www.rbth.com/arts/2016/03/16...neyland_576241

    and a recent write up
    https://www.rbth.com/travel/331762-r...sneyland-opens

    40 $ tickets with variations for families, WW2 veterans for sure, pensioners and what have you?

    tother then the DISNEY parks, Wonder World is not a -children themed - park but according to the article, a park for the whole family.
    I think for the time being i will give it a miss, not everything is working. And for sure there will be the usual opening hick ups. i go and have a look in summer....
    You're old why would you go?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,651
    Thanked: 3279
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You're old why would you go?
    Willy, oldies like fun even more than youngsters - to get rid from the load of experience, even for the short moment...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (02-03-2020), rusmeister (02-03-2020)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,865
    Thanked: 4749
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You're old why would you go?
    as it says, it is a FAMILY park, so i take the -family-...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (02-03-2020)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,126
    Thanked: 1027
    Looks like it is priced out of the range of most Russians.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,651
    Thanked: 3279
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Looks like it is priced out of the range of most Russians.
    It depends. I'm greedy, so 500 rub per person in renewed Cosmos+Aviation pavillion at VDNH seemed to be rather expensive, but after we viewed everything - I can say, it's worth to pay and see.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (02-03-2020), nicklcool (08-03-2020)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Willy, oldies like fun even more than youngsters - to get rid from the load of experience, even for the short moment...
    Vodka is cheaper.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,651
    Thanked: 3279
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Vodka is cheaper.
    Sure. But less fun.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,865
    Thanked: 4749
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Looks like it is priced out of the range of most Russians.
    as you know, about70% of any entrance fees of anything are accordingly with concessions..3000 rubles and all free rides for kids, why not? ( this is how Disney works). and one ,i would assume can also have an entrance fee, for grown ups, just to walk in the -park- and look? unfortunately I have not,yet, found their site. or any more information about them. on top of it, should the complaints be loud and long enough - to expensive - our good mayor will for sure give an -adjusting - hand...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,651
    Thanked: 3279
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    as you know, about70% of any entrance fees of anything are accordingly with concessions..3000 rubles and all free rides for kids, why not? ( this is how Disney works). and one ,i would assume can also have an entrance fee, for grown ups, just to walk in the -park- and look? unfortunately I have not,yet, found their site. or any more information about them. on top of it, should the complaints be loud and long enough - to expensive - our good mayor will for sure give an -adjusting - hand...
    2200 rub per adult (10 yo+), 1900 for younger ones, and free for 90 cm and shorter ones, other options available, see here - https://dreamisland.ru/
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (02-03-2020), rusmeister (02-03-2020)

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,865
    Thanked: 4749
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,651
    Thanked: 3279
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    our good mayor will for sure give an -adjusting - hand...
    ...with a screwdriver...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (02-03-2020), bydand (02-03-2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •