littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: What's the deal with the website RussianRail.com?

What's the deal with the website RussianRail.com?

So I go to this website, and I figure that Russian Rail has updated its webpage. Curiously, there was no way to access the website in Russian. And then the days available were very bad - first train available for my itinerary was 5 days in the future, when usually there is always a train at most 2 days away. And finally there were the high prices. And I couldn't figure out how to add spots for the luggage, nor pick the exact seat.

So I search again for"Russian Rail", and I get the old rzd.ru site, and everything is good again. I wonder if RussianRail.com is just some intermediary that charges a big profit.

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    So I go to this website, and I figure that Russian Rail has updated its webpage. Curiously, there was no way to access the website in Russian. And then the days available were very bad - first train available for my itinerary was 5 days in the future, when usually there is always a train at most 2 days away. And finally there were the high prices. And I couldn't figure out how to add spots for the luggage, nor pick the exact seat.

So I search again for"Russian Rail", and I get the old rzd.ru site, and everything is good again. I wonder if RussianRail.com is just some intermediary that charges a big profit.
    Try their app.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I wonder if RussianRail.com is just some intermediary that charges a big profit.
    Are you against The Freedom Of Business, comrade?!

and I get the old rzd.ru site, and everything is good again.
    Save the link and use it foreva.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Don't they have a Yandex app for that?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

So I search again for"Russian Rail", and I get the old rzd.ru site, and everything is good again.
    Only site I have ever used, it is far from perfect, but you often get the job done, unless the site is having updates that just do not work, welcome to Russia.

site sucks indeed. does not even have all railway stations in their system..(Paveletskay and Belarusskaya for instance are not there...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....