littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Is there a new rule that arrivals at airport must have return ticket?

Is there a new rule that arrivals at airport must have return ticket?

I have the 3-year multi-entry (tourist) visa for USA citizens.

I have been doing my trips to Russia form the USA in reverse order - i.e., the outbound is from Russia - and have had no problem arriving. However, today at my initial airport in the USA, the airline agent at check-in said that Russia has a rule that there must be a return ticket. Perhaps she was considering the situation when someone arrives without a visa for a week? Anyway, the agent called another agent over, and after a long time of dealing with the computer, she gave me my boarding pass. Ironically, this will probably be the last time I do it like this as I will start making my stays under 6 months so I won't have to do the visa run, and will make all my trips start from the USA.

You had a wonky agent.

Just flew back on a one way ticket and no problem from me. Except aeroflop now has a new rule, or maybe it's old already. But anyways, your carry-on can't be more than 10.kg. you can have several pieces, but each bag must not be over the limit. I was 5 kg over, so I had to buy another bag and put the excessive weight in there. Then I had to carry two bags.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

tasel (29-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    You had a wonky agent.

Just flew back on a one way ticket and no problem from me. Except aeroflop now has a new rule, or maybe it's old already. But anyways, your carry-on can't be more than 10.kg. you can have several pieces, but each bag must not be over the limit. I was 5 kg over, so I had to buy another bag and put the excessive weight in there. Then I had to carry two bags.
    be glad they let you in with 5 kgr overweight. many other airlines are not that generous.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I didn't have an issue entering RU, so my question has been rendered obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    be glad they let you in with 5 kgr overweight. many other airlines are not that generous.
    Most airlines don't have a weight limit for carry-on. They have a size limit.

Also, I think you misunderstood. I wasn't overweight, I just had to buy another bag. That cost me $30.

To put it another way, it's like that old pizza joke.

Bobby Bragan was telling about one of his pitchers who went to a pizza joint and ordered one of the delicacies. When the clerk asked him if he wanted the pizza cut in six or eight slices he said, “cut it up in six slices. I don’t think I can eat eight.”