littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: PRP and visa

PRP and visa

My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

I applied for and received my TRP in August 2018. At that time, I was also issued a 3 year multiple entry visa that will expire in August 2021.

I subsequently applied for and received my PRP in October 2019. It is a 5 year PRP, expiring in 2024. The TRP stamp in my passport was cancelled and a new stamp indicating the details of my PRP was added. However, the visa has neither been cancelled nor replaced/extended.

Is this "normal"? And if yes, what happens next year when the visa expires? Would I have to ask for a new one covering the remaining period of my TRP, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

I applied for and received my TRP in August 2018. At that time, I was also issued a 3 year multiple entry visa that will expire in August 2021.

I subsequently applied for and received my PRP in October 2019. It is a 5 year PRP, expiring in 2024. The TRP stamp in my passport was cancelled and a new stamp indicating the details of my PRP was added. However, the visa has neither been cancelled nor replaced/extended.

Is this "normal"? And if yes, what happens next year when the visa expires? Would I have to ask for a new one covering the remaining period of my TRP, or...?
    Your visa is no longer valid since you have PRP. Only need to present your PRP booklet and passport to Russian border control.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

BigBear (07-02-2020)

The same thing happened to me. At one point I got the TRP when I still had an ME visa. I forgot about it until Russian passport control (once) asked why I hadn't cancelled the visa, something I was apparently expected to do. I never gave it another thought and no one asked again. As Remington points out, the visa becomes invalid once you get your TRP and can't be renewed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

BigBear (07-02-2020)

Many thanks Remington and xt-tsi. A trip to the Migration Service in Krasnodar, then. Luckily it's not far; unluckily, they are only open for a couple of hours on Tuesday mornings for people from my village.