littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: there will be a GARLIC shortage in Russia?

there will be a GARLIC shortage in Russia?

https://vm.ru/news/778766-koronaviru...skih-prilavkov
    Because of the Corona Virus Russia refuses to import also Chinese produce....
    wonder though,what about italian tomato paste, cubed tomatoes or tomato sauce? it is no secret, all of these are made mostly with Chinese tomatoes.Or basic products produced or packed in China....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Yup.

With Russia closing border with China, it's main trading partner, interesting things are about to happen.

Food shortages? Most def.

Clothing? Spring/summer fashion stuff. Yup. Same story.

In fact, it will be interesting to see what Russia actually produces itself. Prob not much, despite all the calls of being self-sufficient.

The neat thing is that America isn't involved with this at all, so who will be blamed when food costs rise?

The only question is how long will it last? Current projections show the virus coming under control sometime in May. So, we can expect worldwide shortages long after that. And that's only if China is able to kickstart it's economic engine. If there is indeed a loss of massive life, and working age males at that, China might only recover in ten years, or more.

There wont be any shortage of man power in China or in any Asian country in the near future. Most of these countries are full of unemployed or underemployed educated adults.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoverLearn For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (06-02-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Word on the street is that coronavirus may have been intentionally released to "put China in its place," given how powerful it's economy had become without actually *creating* anything (and in many cases, only stealing).

Anyone have good Russian language sources showing the actual number of dead?? A lot of trustworthy people don't seem to think the "official" numbers are reality-based.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

i think the -second hand- shops will do a roaring trade. most of the clothes they get are from Germany, where they get them from , we all know. but there is such an excess floating around, there will be plenty for everybody.
    And garlic? well, i will tell my mother in law to plant plenty at her dacha...

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    There wont be any shortage of man power in China or in any Asian country in the near future. Most of these countries are full of unemployed or underemployed educated adults.
    correct, when one looks at clothes labels these days, a lot comes from Vietnam,Bangladesh and even from Burma ( Myanmar).And since the Virus seems to be confined to -Wuhan- only, sweatshops i nHongkong will work 36 hours a day 10 days a week to pick up the slack.

Turkey is ready to supply Russia with food.

China is not the only country that makes clothes and shoes. This is just another thing that will show Russia what it needs to make life more stable and predictable. There are already factories in Russia that make clothes and shoes. It's electronic devices Russia needs to work on but we are headed in that direction. Sony SD cards are now being made in Russia, what we need is smartphone and TVs, radios....
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (06-02-2020)