littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: RVP and new 6 month rule

RVP and new 6 month rule

I just spotted the new 6 month
    http://www.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/on...11030948934126
    9 "Grounds for refusing to issue or to cancel a residence permit."
    9.11 "Stayed outside the RF for more then 6 months in total in the last calendar year ..."

I have been in violation of this the last two times I entered Russia. Does anyone have any idea of how it will be enforced. Will I be warned first?
    My primary concern would that it'd be summeraily cancelled and that I would then need an exit visa to leave the country!

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowley View Post
    9.11 "Stayed outside the RF for more then 6 months in total in the last calendar year ..."

I have been in violation of this the last two times I entered Russia. Does anyone have any idea of how it will be enforced. Will I be warned first?
    My primary concern would that it'd be summeraily cancelled and that I would then need an exit visa to leave the country!
    Well the law only changed in August. I don't know how they would see a violation of the rule that essentially happened before the law was changed. You couldn't have broken the rule yet this year, since the calendar year just started. I don't think they should cancel your TRP without warning you. If nobody at the border said anything, you should be good there. I can imagine you could run into an issue when you go to do your yearly confirmation of TRP. You have to write all the trips you took out of the country on the form. When I did that last month, they didn't seem to look at the dates much at all, but they did mention the rule and maybe the checked on their own after I left. It's only going to be a problem is somebody notices it.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowley View Post

I'm not sure your citizenship, but you could look into the rules about restoring TRP after losing your passport. If you really worried, it may be worth it to "lose" your passport. They wouldn't be able to see the stamps then. From what I've seen the database from the border seems to be fairly useless. The is an exception to the rule too, if you had a really good reason to stay outside the country longer that you were supposed to (if you were sick or a family member died, for example).

I am Irish. My wife says the change became effective 01-01-2020 and claims I'm safe until June. We will see.
    I believe that the immigration database works fine, I'd rather not lose my passport. I'll give up the RVP when asked, just a shame, took so much work to get it!

On exiting russia the immigration officer explained that if and when there is an issue with the number of days I will be told on entry to russia and then I need to go to FMS and replace my book with an exit visa.