littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: low fat or no fat, low carb or no carb ,interesting film indeed

low fat or no fat, low carb or no carb ,interesting film indeed

https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Themen...terie/14037964

it is from the ORF, therefore german language but very interesting nevertheless.

fat is not fat, all good or all bad, the much hyped Kokos oil is actually nothing better then pork - schmalz -, a big surprise for me...
    wel lworth watching...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

BigBear (14-01-2020), nicklcool (15-01-2020)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Benedikt, this article claims that the sugar industry paid a bunch of money to researchers to "help"them reach the conclusion that fat is worse for you than sugar.
    And I'm sure anyway in their mid-30s or older, like me, remembers the no-fat and low-fat fads of the nineties! Even Seinfeld did an episode on it!! 😂

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...t-blame-at-fat

Which makes me wonder, NOW "they" say that protein is better for you than carbs. And many "they's" claim that a vegetarian diet is awful- child-abuse, even! If anyone today also paying to "help" the researchers obtain their conclusions? :P

And, Benedikt, you love to post those articles testing the quality of different good items in Russia -how objective, in your expert chef opinion, do you think they are??
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

And, Benedikt, you love to post those articles testing the quality of different good items in Russia -how objective, in your expert chef opinion, do you think they are??[/QUOTE]

i think you talk about -ROSKONTROL-.I live here since many years and maybe because of my profession it makes it easier to judge and choose a product. Many an item that was shown o nRoskontrol as good or bad i sed or did not use long before i even knew Roskontrol existed. Also i had the opportunity to visit meat factories where they produce sausage, bakeries ,slaughter houses, milk farms, cheese producers and the likes.
    fair enough, a lot of what i buy is -personal preferences -. i will not buy chicken or beef sausages for instance. for that i am still to much - German-. I do not go to these -weekend, local produce only, markets. because i had an opportunity to talk to a lady whose judgment i absolutely trust. and she told me where the products, special fruits, vegetables and berries come from.
    NTV has done some years ago a series about food production. getting into factories -undercover workers - who took films with hidden cameras. There is als a series on TV, every week, where the public is given a product from 5 or six different manufacturers to - judge -. these -consumers - are talking to slick and sound professional. either they are actors or are given a script to learn. I do not trust these episodes to much.
    ROSKONTROL though i do believe in what they are doing.they are on the same line as in Germany -Stiftung Warentest-.
    But the most important thing that i do since many a year,not only in Russia, I buy what I like, just fro ma feeling. at home i test and check it myself. if i like it, i stick to it.mistakes though do happen. factories are changing owners, recipes or production procedures are being changes. so, it is a game, all over once more. but i go seldom wrong.
    and most important. i never buy cheap. never in an open Market, never in places like Danilovsky or Dorogomilovski Market. Or Leningradskaya market. that is for the sake of paying 2 Kopeks less. even there, when i buy i buy quality only. and that has its price.
    and since long ago i have given up, or i know, just because something is -import - it is better. most of the time it is not. it is just more expensive. local sugar for 32 Rubles is sweet, not less then 120 Rubles for an imported kilo.
    Pretty,half full, packaging since a long time i never buy.
    Many foods items i buy once in a pretty container or glass. and then the same as re fill in a pouch or bag, one third at least less.
    Herbs or spices i never buy at an -open - market. it looks pretty, the mountains of spices, who are there open for days and loose most of its flavor.
    Many years ago when working in Bandung i saw there a factory who produced Austrain - exclusive - shirts and another factory that did the same for shoes. When checking the prices in Austria i nearly had an heart attack. so, i bought back in Bandung the -over runs- with NO lable in, for one third of the price. that was some 40 years ago.. NOTHING has changes to these days. - Made in Italy-, -Gucci- , -Prada - means nothing to me. I wear and eat and drink what i like. LABLES? what for? to pay for fancy advertising ans slick PR? I always will remember my old Hotelschool Teacher who told us back then already, - the more advertising - the lousier the product -.
    That is what i firmly believe to this day. AND I am not rich enough to buy cheap and have to buy later on once more...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....