littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: will there be children or not? ROSSTAT says might be or not or maybe just enough...

will there be children or not? ROSSTAT says might be or not or maybe just enough...

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/...rosstat-a68767

so what is needed? more babies! The government should make it more attractive to have 3 or 4 children, as simple as that. and that also includes rising the pensions of - grandparents - so they can live well, longer and help looking after the children. cheaper credits., though more so, SAFE credits, and get scalpers and cheaters out of the way. for these kinds of companies, arrest the owners, CEO's and sent them off the Chita ( Russians will know what i mean). Count the years that a woman is at home rising their children towards her pension, without contributions needed. raising kids is a full time job and MUST be finally appreciated. Every new housing development must have children - and at least primary school facilities close by. We have plenty parking, shopping centers and - elite - developments around here. but things must be made affordable for young people. It will be not cheap, but cheaper in the long run. And maybe the army or Navy will get fewer tanks or one submarine less, there is always money around for that...The main reasons for the downfall of both the CCCP or the DDR was, that far to little was done for the -population - for the people of the country. but money was being squandered on -useless - or not needed - prestige -objects. What does it help yo be the first on the moon, or mars or venus, when back home there is -nothing-?

there is of course one other solution to the children shortage and probable decline in the population. and we all know that. and no one wants that one would assume?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Could've fooled me. In my small town there are young kids everywhere. At night the play grounds are over flowing with kids age 1 to 4. There are not that many 12 to 16 year old kids though.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

They both allow and practically encourage birth control (which means no birth and no sexual self-control) and abortion, and then are shocked and surprised that there aren’t enough children, and that their population is being replaced by foreign populations that don’t so such things.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    They both allow and practically encourage birth control (which means no birth and no sexual self-control) and abortion, and then are shocked and surprised that there aren’t enough children, and that their population is being replaced by foreign populations that don’t so such things.
    I think it is the governments responsibility first to create favorite situations and circumstances to have HEALTHY,WELL EDUCATED children and later then people who can work and earn money and pay taxes. And then people will not be so keen on having abortions and the likes.On the other hand -we - have countries were all these things are in place, kindergarten, schools, education and special there they have even fewer children, (In Austria by the way every second marriage ends in divorce...).Where they have -everything, both parents have to work to make ends meet. and where they have -nothing - they -breed - indeed like the proverbial rabbits.

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Could've fooled me. In my small town there are young kids everywhere. At night the play grounds are over flowing with kids age 1 to 4. There are not that many 12 to 16 year old kids though.

I was fooled at first too, Wally.

--you live in the Moscow suburbs, and while we may see what looks like a baby boom here, the rest of the country probably looks like the deserted factory towns in the American Midwest.

--the many, many children we see outside here, in comparison to the States, is due to the fact that in our great country people have individual yards that their children play in, while here collective playgrounds for the cement jungles are built.

Now what would be fascinating for me to see is native Russian and American births (>=3rd generation) vs. immigrant births. We all know that America would be in a demographic crisis if not for her immigrant births, and I had assumed that Materinskyi Kapital and other programs had made Russia's births more "Russian," but now this article sheds some doubt on that assumption.

Of course I don't think a single country would publish such stats, as they would show the treason and culture-altering effects of its politicians'immigration policies.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    And then people will not be so keen on having abortions and the likes.

On the other hand -we - have countries were all these things are in place, kindergarten, schools, education and special there they have even fewer children, (In Austria by the way every second marriage ends in divorce...).Where they have -everything, both parents have to work to make ends meet. and where they have -nothing - they -breed - indeed like the proverbial rabbits.
    Your earlier sentence is contradicted by the later ones. People don’t have abortions just because they are poor. They have them because they don’t want to change their lifestyle, whatever that may be. They want to engage in the baby-making act using the reprod***ive system for the pleasure that is a by-product of the act, while negating the natural primary consequence that happens to be the purpose of that system.

The thinking that seeks to justify abortion and “birth control” can be symbolized by Thomas Malthus and it was properly kicked in the teeth by Charles Dickens in “A Christmas Carol”:
    I see a vacant seat,” replied the Ghost, “in the poor chimney-corner, and a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, none other of my race will find him here. What then? If he be like to die, he had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”

Scrooge hung his head to hear his own words quoted by the Spirit, and was overcome with penitence and grief.

“Man,” said the Ghost, “if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered What the surplus is, and Where it is.

“Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die? It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man’s child. Oh God! to hear the Insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust!”
    Dickens understood even then that Malthus’s ideas would lead to wickedness, and put his words in Scrooge’s mouth.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-12-2019), nicklcool (31-12-2019), Uncle Wally (29-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Your earlier sentence is contradicted by the later ones. People don’t have abortions just because they are poor. They have them because they don’t want to change their lifestyle, whatever that may be. They want to engage in the baby-making act using the reprod***ive system for the pleasure that is a by-product of the act, while negating the natural primary consequence that happens to be the purpose of that system.

The thinking that seeks to justify abortion and “birth control” can be symbolized by Thomas Malthus and it was properly kicked in the teeth by Charles Dickens in “A Christmas Carol”:

Dickens understood even then that Malthus’s ideas would lead to wickedness, and put his words in Scrooge’s mouth.
    Yes I agree that many times abortion is a selfish decision. Maybe it's because some people can't see their future. Who will care for you when you get old if not your children? Where will the human race be if we don't reproduce?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (29-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes I agree that many times abortion is a selfish decision. Maybe it's because some people can't see their future. Who will care for you when you get old if not your children? Where will the human race be if we don't reproduce?
    -I - definitely would not count on - my - children to take care of me when - I - am old. That is the story we hear every day from the beancounters. who will work and pay taxes that will pay for the pensions when you are old? The insurance companies sing their song every day - you need private insurance, to you can take care of yourself. or can live happily ever after until death does part us in a nice -all inclusive - senior residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    -I - definitely would not count on - my - children to take care of me when - I - am old. That is the story we hear every day from the beancounters. who will work and pay taxes that will pay for the pensions when you are old? The insurance companies sing their song every day - you need private insurance, to you can take care of yourself. or can live happily ever after until death does part us in a nice -all inclusive - senior residence.
    Well, if you raise children who you can trust less than the government, then that is a feat that takes a bit of effort. You’d have to teach them to be cruel, heartless, and selfish beyond measure.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-12-2019), Uncle Wally (04-01-2020)