littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    The benefit to get in/out of Russia without the hassle from getting visa's?
    Hans, that i understand. we - all- leave for vacation, trips abroad,visiting families and the likes. but are spending the majority of our time and live in Russia.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

So the creators of new idiotic 6 months cumulative rule created artificially lots of problem to such persons. What for? Why the PRP owner can not go abroad for longer then 6 moths period due to the family reasons? What for to replace old good and clear rule with the stupid new one?[/QUOTE]

write a petition to the Interior Ministry. Explain the case. And see what the reply is?

one question though remains. who is looking after the old ans sick parents when that person is NOT there?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    So the creators of new idiotic 6 months cumulative rule created artificially lots of problem to such persons. What for? Why the PRP owner can not go abroad for longer then 6 moths period due to the family reasons? What for to replace old good and clear rule with the stupid new one?

write a petition to the Interior Ministry. Explain the case. And see what the reply is?

one question though remains. who is looking after the old ans sick parents when that person is NOT there?[/QUOTE]

I think thre is no sense to write the petition to MVD because the new rule does not allow them not to cancel PRP if the term of 6 months absence is exceeded.
    Other non-close relatives can look after the parents for a short period of time.

Often the authorities like to compare PRP status with Russian citizenship telling stories that PRP holder have almost the same rights as the RF citizen. This is not true. The citizen may go abroad for any period of time and niether the citizenship nor the pension is not cancelled unlike PRP holders status and pension savings..
    I think this new 6 months cumulative rule is very unfair and useless for both the state interest and the owner of PRP.

I see the logic allowing a full year of absence, followed regardless by six consecutive months in the country. Thanks.

I've long since given up looking for or expecting logic in RU laws, or expecting a certain level of intelligence. Instead, I just try to figure out how the rules work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (27-01-2020)

I think this new 6 months cumulative rule is very unfair and useless for both the state interest and the owner of PRP.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

so what is the -green card - system in the USA? once you have it, you can leave and come back whenever you like? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_card makes for sure for some interesting reading...

Read this link if you can stand it. I recognize your irony, Benedikt. To say the least, there is not much leaving and coming back "whenever you like" under the US green card system. For most people, residency starts when you have residency and are first present in the US. Then, you can be out of the country no more than six months per year from then on. However, there are exceptions as per the rules. I got my wife US citizenship and don't remember the process fondly.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...d-ending-dates
    Last edited by xt-tsi; Yesterday at 12:32.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123