littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Procedure

Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Procedure

On 16 December, I went to Sakharovo to either prolong my soon-to-expire PRP, or exchange it for a perpetual PRP. The inspector told me that they now do only exchanges, and she launched and completed the application process in 5-10 minutes.

Here is what they wanted:

1. Completed application form (see attached PDF scan of their Заявление form);
    2. Your foreign passport and current PRP (they examine and return them);
    3. Notarized translation of foreign passport (they keep this);
    4. Photocopy of PRP - main page, and the page that has your registration;
    5. Original and photocopy of the tear-off part of your latest annual check-in (they examine and return the original, and keep the copy);
    6. Receipt for payment of the 5000-ruble PRP fee (see attached PDF scan of the payment form); and
    7. Language test certificate (not needed if you qualify for one of the allowed exemptions).

Procedure:

1. Print out the attached payment form and use it to make payment at SberBank before going to Sakharovo, or pay when you get there. There are red payment terminals along the wall opposite Sector A2 - where you turn in your documents. Next to each terminal is a 'konsultant' who will help you. Tell them that you want to pay 5000 rubles for a VID, show them your passport translation, tell them your address and phone number, and they enter your info via the touchscreen. You check the entered info for accuracy, then put your money in the intake slot. The terminals take cash only. No lines, no waiting.

2. Go to Sector A2 and wait for your talon number to be assigned to an inspector's window;

3. Go to the assigned window and hand in your documents. If everything is in order, the inspector will keep your passport, PRP and the annual check-in form, and send you to Sector A3, where you wait for your talon number to be assigned to a second inspector's window.

4. Go to the assigned window, where the second inspector will have you sign the application form, will return your passport, current PRP, and the original of the annual check-in form, and will give you you a 'spravka' that shows that your application for a new PRP has been accepted.

5. The inspector told me that the new PRP is supposed to be ready in 7 days, but that it will likely take about 2 weeks. She advised that it was best to call ahead so as to avoid making an unnecessary trip out there. She gave me a slip of paper with the following info:

Информация о готовности РВП, ВНЖ

https://ГУВМ.МБД.РФ
    тел: 8(495) 850-44-28
    ежедневно с 8:00 до 20:00

Perpetual PRP Application Form.pdf

Perpetual PRP Bank Payment Form.pdf

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-01-2020), BigBear (19-12-2019), Bogatyr (28-12-2019), bydand (19-12-2019), Hizam4747 (20-12-2019), Judge (18-12-2019), nicklcool (25-01-2020), RooRu (24-12-2019), rusmeister (18-12-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Original and photocopy of the tear-off part of your latest annual check-in (they examine and return the original, and keep the copy);
    This is good news ,I've done three since having my PRP ,and I can't find the first one.

Regarding language test, I took it in 2016, from what I gather I don't need to take it again.

Link for checking on readiness of PRP: https://гувм.мвд.рф/services/residence/

Seems to be working.

or exchange it for a perpetual PRP.

xp@ maybe i am OLD and slow in the uptake of news... your post means no more extending the PRP for 5 years but getting a PERMANENT PRP? BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO REGISTER THIS PRP AT YOUR LOCAL OMD within a week? this has not changed? meaning one needs copies of passport, the letter from the bank that you have enough money there to support yourself for one year,copies of this and that, anketta and last, the landlord or wife or at least ONE person where you live and are registered has to come with you. any other people who are registered at -your - place need to give you a notarized consent?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (21-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    On 16 December, I went to Sakharovo to either prolong my soon-to-expire PRP, or exchange it for a perpetual PRP. The inspector told me that they now do only exchanges, and she launched and completed the application process in 5-10 minutes.

Here is what they wanted:

1. Completed application form (see attached PDF scan of their Заявление form);
    2. Your foreign passport and current PRP (they examine and return them);
    3. Notarized translation of foreign passport (they keep this);
    4. Photocopy of PRP - main page, and the page that has your registration;
    5. Original and photocopy of the tear-off part of your latest annual check-in (they examine and return the original, and keep the copy);
    6. Receipt for payment of the 5000-ruble PRP fee (see attached PDF scan of the payment form); and
    7. Language test certificate (not needed if you qualify for one of the allowed exemptions).

Procedure:

1. Print out the attached payment form and use it to make payment at SberBank before going to Sakharovo, or pay when you get there. There are red payment terminals along the wall opposite Sector A2 - where you turn in your documents. Next to each terminal is a 'konsultant' who will help you. Tell them that you want to pay 5000 rubles for a VID, show them your passport translation, tell them your address and phone number, and they enter your info via the touchscreen. You check the entered info for accuracy, then put your money in the intake slot. The terminals take cash only. No lines, no waiting.

2. Go to Sector A2 and wait for your talon number to be assigned to an inspector's window;

3. Go to the assigned window and hand in your documents. If everything is in order, the inspector will keep your passport, PRP and the annual check-in form, and send you to Sector A3, where you wait for your talon number to be assigned to a second inspector's window.

4. Go to the assigned window, where the second inspector will have you sign the application form, will return your passport, current PRP, and the original of the annual check-in form, and will give you you a 'spravka' that shows that your application for a new PRP has been accepted.

5. The inspector told me that the new PRP is supposed to be ready in 7 days, but that it will likely take about 2 weeks. She advised that it was best to call ahead so as to avoid making an unnecessary trip out there. She gave me a slip of paper with the following info:

Информация о готовности РВП, ВНЖ

https://ГУВМ.МБД.РФ
    тел: 8(495) 850-44-28
    ежедневно с 8:00 до 20:00

Perpetual PRP Application Form.pdf

Perpetual PRP Bank Payment Form.pdf
    What do you need to write on the application form after "в связи с ... "? Does one have to wait until just before the current ВНЖ expires? I've got 3 more years on my current ВНЖ but I'd rather get the new truly-permanent one before they change the law again taking it away .
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Bogatyr View Post
    What do you need to write on the application form after "в связи с ... "? Does one have to wait until just before the current ВНЖ expires? I've got 3 more years on my current ВНЖ but I'd rather get the new truly-permanent one before they change the law again taking it away .

"в связи с заменой на вид на жительство бессрочный."

You can apply for the replacement at any time. I made sure to apply before the old 2-month deadline for prolonging a PRP.

They told me that according to the rules, a replacement perpetual PRP is supposed to be ready in 7 days. But when I called today, they said that they are still working on applications submitted in November, and that mine wouldn't be ready anytime soon.

I think you are right about getting the perpetual one now - while the procedure is quick, the application form is simple, and the required supporting documents are minimal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Bogatyr (29-12-2019)

xp great info. but still nagging you. after you get your PRP do you still go through the procedure of registering this paper at the local OBD? where you need at least one person to come with you where you are registered and live. and have from every other person who is registered at that palce a notary signed letter, that they agree -I - can live there...?

- I live with my wife. she comes with me to the OBD. our daughter lives not with us, but is registered as flat owner as well. she does not have to come but gets me a notary signed letter, that she agrees I can live there.I have to bring the original letter, copy of her passport. And after that, i (alone) have to go every year to the OBD, to re register my PRP... bank letter, copies and anketta, an easy job, 10 minutes max when no one is there...that is how it was handled where we live.-

You can apply for the replacement at any time. I made sure to apply before the old 2-month deadline for prolonging a PRP.

I think you are right about getting the perpetual one now - while the procedure is quick, the application form is simple, and the required supporting documents are minimal.
    Thanks! Yes, also, because while I qualify according to the new rules (citizen&resident children) to skip the language test, the additional documentation (they were born abroad) would take more time & bother, and my language cert is still valid now, so I could skip taking the language/history test a second time.
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    xp great info. but still nagging you. after you get your PRP do you still go through the procedure of registering this paper at the local OBD? where you need at least one person to come with you where you are registered and live. and have from every other person who is registered at that palce a notary signed letter, that they agree -I - can live there...?

- I live with my wife. she comes with me to the OBD. our daughter lives not with us, but is registered as flat owner as well. she does not have to come but gets me a notary signed letter, that she agrees I can live there.I have to bring the original letter, copy of her passport. And after that, i (alone) have to go every year to the OBD, to re register my PRP... bank letter, copies and anketta, an easy job, 10 minutes max when no one is there...that is how it was handled where we live.-
    Ben, I'm still waiting for them to tell me it's ready for pickup. Then I'll deal with registration, and post the requirements here. I'm hoping that they will give me permanent registration, and not just for 5 years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-12-2019), rusmeister (29-12-2019)

Ben, I'm still waiting for them to tell me it's ready for pickup. Then I'll deal with registration, and post the requirements here. I'm hoping that they will give me permanent registration, and not just for 5 years.
    indeed that is also what i am interested in. Sakharov might do one thing. But the local OBD overlords another. have a good New Year!

Yes, also, because while I qualify according to the new rules (citizen&resident children) to skip the language test, the additional documentation (they were born abroad) would take more time & bother, and my language cert is still valid now, so I could skip taking the language/history test a second time.
    The point about having resident children and skipping the language test does not appear to be mentioned in the new law. I'm not sure where this information came from.
    'Nothing, like something, happens anywhere.'

Quote Originally Posted by Voot View Post
    The point about having resident children and skipping the language test does not appear to be mentioned in the new law. I'm not sure where this information came from.
    To answer my own question, I found this on the official МВД website:
    https://xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/news/item/18811826/
    "Иностранные граждане, обратившиеся с заявлением о выдаче вида на жительство, имеющие родителя (усыновителя, опекуна, попечителя), сына или дочь, состоящих в гражданстве Российской Федерации и постоянно проживающих в Российской Федерации, освобождаются от представления документа о владении русским языком.
    Упрощенный порядок получения вида на жительство (без получения РВП) предусмотрен для:"

Perhaps they have updated the article referring to those exempt (article 27 I think). I can't find such a version at the moment. I've already got my certificate but know others would be happy to have such exemption.
    'Nothing, like something, happens anywhere.'

and some more new laws at the local OBM (Strogino), apparently as from 1st of January this .2020,year.

Original and photocopy of the tear-off part of your latest annual check-in (they examine and return the original, and keep the copy). this i did every year, togehter with the letter of the bank to have sufficient means there to support me for one year... and of course copy of the passport ( notarized translation...) and a copy of the PRP booklet..
    my -registration of the registration - expires in february, and knowing that there might be something new, so i got there early...
    no one there, so no need to queue for hours, the start was good, or so i thought..
    the inspector then told me, there is a new law in force about that - perpetual - PRP.and they do not do that re registration for one year. My PRP expires in 2years only, so i should come back that time,with a NEW PRP, which will be of course the -perpetual - one. registration of that thing will be the same procedure as it is now. (One week after receiving the PRP you have to be at the local OBD, agreement of all people who are registered where you lice... the whole procedure. And will it be then ever YEAR the same thing? -we do not know yet - a cryptical reply...).
    So, theoretically i could be running around 2 years without anything? I think I rather schlepp out to Sakharov and get me the -new -PRP...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Max1982 (20-01-2020)

Thanks so much for posting this!

Could you help me to understand the following:

1. How do we interpret the 6 month rule?
    eg. a) I should not be out of Russia for a period of time that exceeds 6 months 1 Jan - December 31? So I'd need to count the days of each trip and make sure I'm not 'absent from Russia' for longer than an accumulated 180 days.
    Or: b) I should not be out of Russia for 6 consecutive months, but as long as I keep returning and 'checking in', I can indeed be absent from Russia for a period over over 6 months, if I added it all up.
    2. I intend to apply for a perpetual внж, although mine only expires in 2 years time. I assume this is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BelindaG View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this!

Could you help me to understand the following:

1. How do we interpret the 6 month rule?
    eg. a) I should not be out of Russia for a period of time that exceeds 6 months 1 Jan - December 31? So I'd need to count the days of each trip and make sure I'm not 'absent from Russia' for longer than an accumulated 180 days.
    Or: b) I should not be out of Russia for 6 consecutive months, but as long as I keep returning and 'checking in', I can indeed be absent from Russia for a period over over 6 months, if I added it all up.
    2. I intend to apply for a perpetual внж, although mine only expires in 2 years time. I assume this is ok?
    1. a). The amendment with new 6 moth rule was written without any proper logic and methodology of calculation obviously by people who are not high professionals. The idiots who created this unclear rule even has created a new opportunity which may allow to be abroad almost 12 moths! In the new rule the idiots has made the reference to the calendar year (not to the period of time of 365 days) which lasts from 1 Jan - December 31. With this reference you can go abroad in the middle of the calendar year, for example on 29 June 2020, then have fun abroad for nearly 12 months, then return back to Russia on 2 July 2021, and you don’t violate the rule and do not have grounds for cancelling your PRP, provide that you file the annual notice confirming your residence on time!!!
    Also the idiots mentioned 6 months (not 182 days) which nobody officially knows how to count. There is a small chance that only full (complete) calendar months will be considered for calculation of absence necessary for the annulment of PRP. For example, if you go abroad from Russia for the period from 1 January until 30 June, then come back for at least one day in each of the remaining calendar moths: from July until December (for example, visit Russia on 1 July, 1 August etc), in this case there will be no full calendar months of absence which may be will not qualify for absence necessary for the annulment of PRP. But this is not 100% sure. It is only my personal opinion which is not proved on practice yet. So far it is better to plan you trip in such a way as to go abroad from the middle of the calendar year and try to stay in Russia by catching the periods of time at the border of calendar months, e.g., to stay in Russia June 30 – until July 1; August 31-September 1 etc. In this case may be the periods from June 1 until June 29, July 2 until July 31, August 1 until August 30 etc. will be not considered as full (proper) months of absence necessary for the annulment of PRP.

2. You can apply for perpetual PRP any time. You do not need to wait. There is no legal restriction.
    But! There is one more tricky thing! Your application for the new perpetual PRP may be considered as a completely independent application for PRP not formally connected with the periods of absence under the old PRP. So if you need to go abroad for a long period of time and thus to brake 6 moths rule, you may try to apply for new PRP before the braking the rule, then go abroad for a long time (1 year etc), then come back on visa, then pick up you new PRP which can wait for you for a very long time (this period of waiting is not specified as far as know), then start new life from scratch with new PRP and new counting of periods of absence. This is also not 100% proved. It is only my private opinion which is not based on practice.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rosstis For This Useful Post:

BelindaG (23-01-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast