littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Procedure

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,349
    Thanked: 4462
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    The benefit to get in/out of Russia without the hassle from getting visa's?
    Hans, that i understand. we - all- leave for vacation, trips abroad,visiting families and the likes. but are spending the majority of our time and live in Russia.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,349
    Thanked: 4462
    So the creators of new idiotic 6 months cumulative rule created artificially lots of problem to such persons. What for? Why the PRP owner can not go abroad for longer then 6 moths period due to the family reasons? What for to replace old good and clear rule with the stupid new one?[/QUOTE]


    write a petition to the Interior Ministry. Explain the case. And see what the reply is?

    one question though remains. who is looking after the old ans sick parents when that person is NOT there?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    109
    Thanked: 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    So the creators of new idiotic 6 months cumulative rule created artificially lots of problem to such persons. What for? Why the PRP owner can not go abroad for longer then 6 moths period due to the family reasons? What for to replace old good and clear rule with the stupid new one?



    write a petition to the Interior Ministry. Explain the case. And see what the reply is?

    one question though remains. who is looking after the old ans sick parents when that person is NOT there?[/QUOTE]

    I think thre is no sense to write the petition to MVD because the new rule does not allow them not to cancel PRP if the term of 6 months absence is exceeded.
    Other non-close relatives can look after the parents for a short period of time.

    Often the authorities like to compare PRP status with Russian citizenship telling stories that PRP holder have almost the same rights as the RF citizen. This is not true. The citizen may go abroad for any period of time and niether the citizenship nor the pension is not cancelled unlike PRP holders status and pension savings..
    I think this new 6 months cumulative rule is very unfair and useless for both the state interest and the owner of PRP.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    622
    Thanked: 448
    I see the logic allowing a full year of absence, followed regardless by six consecutive months in the country. Thanks.

    I've long since given up looking for or expecting logic in RU laws, or expecting a certain level of intelligence. Instead, I just try to figure out how the rules work.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

    Hans.KK (27-01-2020)

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,349
    Thanked: 4462
    I think this new 6 months cumulative rule is very unfair and useless for both the state interest and the owner of PRP.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]


    so what is the -green card - system in the USA? once you have it, you can leave and come back whenever you like? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_card makes for sure for some interesting reading...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    Max1982 (14-02-2020)

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    622
    Thanked: 448
    Read this link if you can stand it. I recognize your irony, Benedikt. To say the least, there is not much leaving and coming back "whenever you like" under the US green card system. For most people, residency starts when you have residency and are first present in the US. Then, you can be out of the country no more than six months per year from then on. However, there are exceptions as per the rules. I got my wife US citizenship and don't remember the process fondly.

    https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...d-ending-dates
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 28-01-2020 at 12:32.

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 178
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogatyr View Post
    Does one have to wait until just before the current ВНЖ expires? I've got 3 more years on my current ВНЖ but I'd rather get the new truly-permanent one before they change the law again taking it away .
    Update with correct answer:

    This is from the inspectors at Sakharovo, given to me in writing:

    PRPs issued before 1 November 2019 may be exchanged for perpetual PRPs. The application for such an exchange must be made before the expiration of the current PRP, but no earlier than 4 months before such expiration.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

    RooRu (14-02-2020)

  11. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 178
    Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Update

    1) The new PRP is supposed to be ready in 7-10 days. Mine took 6 weeks because of the intervening winter holidays and because the the process is new and they had some computer glitches.

    2) To check on readiness of your new, perpetual PRP, you can call 8(495) 850-44-28, from 08:00 to 20:00, or you can go to this link: https://гувм.мвд.рф/services/residence/ - which shows when your PRP is ready to be picked up.

    3) When you receive your new PRP, you must surrender the old one, so it's a good idea to make a scan or copy of it beforehand for your records.

    4) The date of issuance indicated on the new PRP is the date that you submitted your application.

    5) The schedule for annual check-ins is 'reset' to correspond to the date of issuance of the new, perpetual PRP. This means that you get to skip the reporting that would have been due on your old PRP.

    6) Annual check-ins must be made within 2 months of each anniversary date of the indicated date of issuance. For the first 4 anniversary dates, this can be done by mail, 'electronically,' or by appearing in person. For every 5th anniversary date, the check-in must be done in person.

    7) If you have a 'compelling' reason, an annual check-in may be made up to 6 months after an annual anniversary date, but must be accompanied by documentary proof that it was 'impossible' to perform the check-in before the usual 2-month deadline.

    8) When you receive your new PRP, they give you a spravka indicating that you must register your PRP within 7 working days. You must hand in the original of that spravka during the registration process, so it's a good idea to make a copy beforehand for your records.

    9) Documents required for registration: Completed registration application form, which you sign in front of the inspector; receipt for 'gosposhlina' of 350 rubles; notarized translation of your foreign passport; copy of your PRP; and documentary proof of your right or permission to reside at the address where you wish to be registered. Registration can be permanent (no expiration date) if you are an owner of the residence, and possibly if all owners agree to that.

    10) If your PRP is lost or stolen, you must apply for a replacement within 3 days.
    Last edited by xp@; 13-02-2020 at 19:48.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

    Max1982 (14-02-2020), RooRu (14-02-2020)

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    230
    Thanked: 29
    When you applied for the new PRP did you have to show a certificate demonstrating your Russian language knowledge? Had you previously shown the certificate to renew your residency? I have such a certificate and showed it once already to renew my residency, the certificate will expire before my current residency expires which presumably means I will have to sit (and pay for) all the exams once again, which I don't really want to do.

  14. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    109
    Thanked: 46
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Update with correct answer:

    This is from the inspectors at Sakharovo, given to me in writing:

    PRPs issued before 1 November 2019 may be exchanged for perpetual PRPs. The application for such an exchange must be made before the expiration of the current PRP, but no earlier than 4 months before such expiration.
    In fact, there is no restriction in the law regarding the earliest time of application. According to the law, it is possible to apply for the perpetual PRP any time. If you want, you don't need to wait until the moment of 4 months before the expiration. 4-months requirement is illegal and is probably based on the phantasies of some inspectors.

  15. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    109
    Thanked: 46
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Exchanging Current PRP for Perpetual PRP - Update



    5) The schedule for annual check-ins is 'reset' to correspond to the date of issuance of the new, perpetual PRP. This means that you get to skip the reporting that would have been due on your old PRP.
    [/B].

    This is interesting. If you increase 6 months of absence during the calendar year with your old PRP and the inspectors forget to catch you and cancel your old PRP, and you manage to apply for the new PRP, does this mean that you will have a “reset” of the days of absence, and increase of absence with the old PRP will be ignored and the new PRP will not be canceled for the reasons of absence under old PRP?
    Also, as a variant, if you plan to be absent for more than 6 moths, may be it is possible to apply for the new perpetual PRP far in advance (for example, one year before), than go abroad for 1 year, than return back on the bases of visa (after your old PRP expired), than pick up your new perpetual PRP and start new life with new calculation of time of absence which must start from the moment of the new PRP is given to you?

  16. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 178
    Quote Originally Posted by rosstis View Post
    In fact, there is no restriction in the law regarding the earliest time of application. According to the law, it is possible to apply for the perpetual PRP any time. If you want, you don't need to wait until the moment of 4 months before the expiration. 4-months requirement is illegal and is probably based on the phantasies of some inspectors.
    After a law is passed, the agency or agencies charged with carrying out the law are customarily authorized to promulgate detailed administrative rules, regulations and procedures that are necessary for fulfilling their duties under the law. In Russia, this is called the reglament.

    The 4-month requirement is probably contained in the reglament that followed the passage of the law providing for perpetual PRPs. While it is theoretically possible to bring a lawsuit challenging a provision of the reglament, based on the premise that it is inconsistent with the law itself, why would anyone want to expend time, energy and expense to challenge the 4-month rule? The rule itself seems to be a reasonable measure to prevent a tsunami of applicants who - for no urgent reason - want to immediately exchange their perfectly valid current PRPs for perpetual PRPs.

  17. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 178
    Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    When you applied for the new PRP did you have to show a certificate demonstrating your Russian language knowledge? Had you previously shown the certificate to renew your residency? I have such a certificate and showed it once already to renew my residency, the certificate will expire before my current residency expires which presumably means I will have to sit (and pay for) all the exams once again, which I don't really want to do.
    In my case, the certificate wasn't required. But here is the rule that I just found on that subject:

    "Иностранцы, получившие ВНЖ до 01.01.2015 г., при подаче заявления о выдаче ВНЖ без срока действия, должны будут однократно подтвердить владение русским языком."

    In other words, when applying for a perpetual PRP, if you got your current PRP before 01.01.2015, you have to provide a certificate - on a one-time-only basis. But if you received your current PRP on/after that date, no certificate is required.

  18. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    230
    Thanked: 29
    Thanks for the reply, it would seem that even though I already showed it to renew it once before I will have to get a new one to show it again, one time, for the new permanent version. Annoying!

  19. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    109
    Thanked: 46
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    After a law is passed, the agency or agencies charged with carrying out the law are customarily authorized to promulgate detailed administrative rules, regulations and procedures that are necessary for fulfilling their duties under the law. In Russia, this is called the reglament.

    The 4-month requirement is probably contained in the reglament that followed the passage of the law providing for perpetual PRPs. While it is theoretically possible to bring a lawsuit challenging a provision of the reglament, based on the premise that it is inconsistent with the law itself, why would anyone want to expend time, energy and expense to challenge the 4-month rule? The rule itself seems to be a reasonable measure to prevent a tsunami of applicants who - for no urgent reason - want to immediately exchange their perfectly valid current PRPs for perpetual PRPs.
    In the old currently active PRP Reglament of MVD there is no such rule. The new draft PRP reglament which is supposed to regulate procedures for new PRP categories and perpetual PRP is still not adopted yet. It is still pobably undertaking review at the Ministry of Justice by its experts. Nobody know when it will be adopted. So at the moment officially the above mentioned 4-moth rule does not exist in the Russian legislation. However, it may exist in the form of fantasies in the mentally sick idiotic brains of some inspectors who think that they are lokal Tsars and can do what they want.. A letter of complaint to prokuratura could be and effective tool to make refreshing "treatment" for such idiotic brains.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •