https://weekend.rambler.ru/read/4331...=clid_m&h_sp=1

this is the original article in Russian langauge at the VM newspaper.
to make it easier, i did a - Google translate -. Interesting and unknown to me, and i wonder how many - locals - know that, is that 40 day mentioning...
What i wonder then, what about the -second hand - shops?Most of the clothes there come from the EU, more often the not Germany and Austria.Where not wanted or needed clothes are put in the -old clothes collection containers -, taken to warehouses and sorted.. and sold, the best things, first to the -East - and then to Africa.

Sometimes it happens that a close friend or relative dies in people. Then his family is left to resolve the issue of what to do with his things. Most people prefer to get rid of it, because there is a superstition that the deceased should not be worn. The Rambler tells where it came from.
Psychology
Apart from the numerous superstitions associated with poor energy, we can explain this from the point of view of psychologists. Of course, losing a loved one is very difficult. And to cope with his loss is even harder. Someone helps the support of family and friends, and someone goes into himself and experiences it on his own. It may be important for a person to keep something as a keepsake, but the main thing is not to overdo it. Sometimes it turns into an obsession when someone starts to sleep with things, wear them and grieve. In some cases, it is helpful and helps to cope with experiences. Psychologists say that when it develops into an obsession, you need to "let go" of the deceased loved one. You need to say goodbye to him and move on, and not go in cycles and wear his things.
Orthodoxy
The Christian Church does not prohibit the wearing of the deceased. Quite the contrary. It is believed that by preserving some memorable detail, a person extends the memory of the deceased. It can be a decoration, a favorite thing or clothes. Wearable items are recommended to be given to those in need. The main thing is to do this before the onset of 40 days. After - you need a prayer commemoration. It is recommended that you dispose of items that remain after the dead person and are not suitable for use.