littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: TIME magazine, person of the year...

TIME magazine, person of the year...

and they are even -politically correct -, isn't that nice....Greta Thunberg, she made it onto the front page... and it will bring a few more millions into the wallets or bank accounts of her parents,handlers,hangers-on and other assorted fleecers...

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1204...914688/photo/1
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-12-2019)

Vegetarian Kitty? poor thing!No mouse, not even kitekat?

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Wally? Uncle Wally is the person of the Year? Congratulations, Wally!
    If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and they are even -politically correct -, isn't that nice....Greta Thunberg, she made it onto the front page... and it will bring a few more millions into the wallets or bank accounts of her parents,handlers,hangers-on and other assorted fleecers...

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1204...914688/photo/1
    Tomb Magazine was going to have "The Whistleblower" as the Person of the Year, but they didn't want to reveal his identity (everyone knows who it is, anyway) so they named The Whistleblower as "Guardian of the Year".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-12-2019)

big stink about here in Germany. shows her sitting on the floor amongst a huge mountain of luggage on a train. and ranting on the internet about it. the German railway reacted with a statement, that indeed the trains wer and are sometimes overfull, but GRETA was cared for by her handlers and the trains personell in a 1st class compartment..
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6298777/g...t-german-train.
    a silly PR -action - that backfired badly... though all over sudden it seems that at least part of the story was true. then again, why only her and no one else in ANY photo, video or article.. https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/st...-aus/400705266
    very simple, if Müller or Maier or Hans and Franz sit on the floor, no one gives two hoots about it... but GRETA, what a story for each and every yellow, and other, rag. the scribblers were working overtime.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (17-12-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    That's just bad ,but made me laugh.

Greta has been attacked from all sides , political elite, etc.
    She's raised awareness, made 10000000s sit up and take action, so what if people have tried to manipulate her for their own agenda, thing is, she shares that agenda.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    big stink about here in Germany. shows her sitting on the floor amongst a huge mountain of luggage on a train. and ranting on the internet about it. the German railway reacted with a statement, that indeed the trains wer and are sometimes overfull, but GRETA was cared for by her handlers and the trains personell in a 1st class compartment..
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6298777/g...t-german-train.
    a silly PR -action - that backfired badly... though all over sudden it seems that at least part of the story was true. then again, why only her and no one else in ANY photo, video or article.. https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/st...-aus/400705266
    very simple, if Müller or Maier or Hans and Franz sit on the floor, no one gives two hoots about it... but GRETA, what a story for each and every yellow, and other, rag. the scribblers were working overtime.
    Great, she brought awareness to overcrowded trains,job done.
    She only said,
    Traveling on overcrowded trains through Germany. And I’m finally on my way home!
    And then she said.

“This is no problem of course and I never said it was,” she wrote. “Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!”
    German rail took it the wrong way.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (03-01-2020), TheInterocitor (20-12-2019)

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I read this novel "It" about 800 pages, 2 or 3 times. The movie was like a comic book compared to the novel. I never could figure out why King made a clown the bad guy. Clowns are supposed to be funny. Now it seems to be a crime in the wider society to wear a clown costume. INstead of being fun, clowns are a object of horror, a threat to children. Another sign of this upside-down society. I suppose King will drive this one into the dirt like he did making a series with "Children of the Corn."

Maybe it has something to do with King's prejudicial view of American society: "History consists of White males suppressing women, blacks and homosexuals." Clowns, being a part of that racist, sexist white male-ruled society, are to be demonized.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (20-12-2019)