littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: E-visa to enter Russia

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

E-visa to enter Russia

Some good news, free visas,should boost tourism for St Pete's area.
    Starting from October 1, 2019, nationals of 53 foreign States may be granted an e-visa to enter the Russian Federation through air, naval, automobile, and pedestrian checkpoints located in the territory of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region.

More info can be found here.

https://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/spb_home_en.html

All EU countries, but no UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Some good news, free visas,should boost tourism for St Pete's area.
    but note- NOT when you come with a TRAIN! and i did not explore the site and ordering further. but for how many days will the visa be valid? and only for tourists to come to St .Petersburg. Or for the rest of Russia as well. And is this for -bona - fide tourists only or for - everybody-.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Benedikt, that was my first question - how many days are the visas valid? I dug into the regulations, where answers to all questions in Russia are (often) found. It says:

"E-visa is a single-entry visa and issued for 30 calendar days from the date of its issuance. The permitted stay in the Russian Federation with an e-visa is up to 8 days starting from the date of entry, within its validity period. E-visa validity and/or the permitted stay under it cannot be extended."

So, 8 days.

My visitors from Europe can use it but they mostly visit Moscow.

This is planned to be rolled out city by city to go into effect nationally by 2021. So far, visitors from the US, UK and Canada won't qualify but this is being left open. Clearly, Russia will ask for better visa issuance terms from those countries.

https://www.forbes.ru/obshchestvo/37...ektronnye-vizy.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 03-12-2019 at 10:45.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-12-2019), Judge (03-12-2019)

It's great news all round,now it needs to be promoted abroad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-12-2019)

[QUOTE=xt-tsi;1490243]Benedikt, that was my first question - how many days are the visas valid? I dug into the regulations, where answers to all questions in Russia are (often) found. It says:

thank you for the reply, it is appreciated. The authorities tried to make something nice, but it turned out - as usual -.... many a tourist comes here, 4 days Moscow, 10 days on a ship to St.Petersburg.4 days St.Petersburg ( or the other way around) and then back home. So this e visas should be at lest double the time. Or 3 or 4 days Moscow,8 days Transib and fly back home. e visa is to short once more.but at least it is a start in the right direction.but if the pencil sharpeners and stamped protectors just could think it out before, and think it our better, and then implement it...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

@Benedikt, 8 days is more than enough time to see the main sites of St Petes, the longest I've stayed there is 3 nights.When they open up Moscow, 4 and 4 in both cities that might be a bit of a rush, but, better than nothing and it's free.
    Also, Russia isn't asking the EU to make it visa free at the same, with an EU,led by France rapprochement ,this is Russia offering her hand.
    Last edited by Judge; 04-12-2019 at 07:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    @Benedikt, 8 days is more than enough time to see the main sites of St Petes, the longest I've stayed there is 3 nights.
    So 8 days is more than enough to see St. Petersburg? I have been living here for more that 8 years, and I still haven't seen all, I still do discover new interesting places.

But it is a nice approach to bring some tourist to the Russia, and for sure we could use some more individual, or just small groups of European tourists, the big groups of tourists from Korea and China can be a challenge to have around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (04-12-2019)

It's also fantastic for visitors coming to St Petersburg on business trips. We have a big customer in St Petes and my German colleagues get frustrated about Russian visas. Our GM is not very bullish on Russia. Things like simplified visa issuance are a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    It's also fantastic for visitors coming to St Petersburg on business trips. We have a big customer in St Petes and my German colleagues get frustrated about Russian visas. Our GM is not very bullish on Russia. Things like simplified visa issuance are a big help.
    Yep, more than enough time for the main central sites,even a visit to Petergof can be included.Same for Moscow, stay central, you can see and do a lot in 8 days.
    With the help of smartphones, it's easier to get around cities .

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Share the link, I've been sending to all Russians I know who have business contacts with Europeans, they are pleased,and of course ask, will the EU do the same?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (04-12-2019)

When the e-visa is rolled out Nationally it will be valid for 30 days (I think) It is just 8 days on the pilot scheme for Pitter..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to evoboy For This Useful Post:

Judge (07-12-2019)