littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: America will fall into civil war

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,002
    Thanked: 901
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...y-entire-world


    A new civil war or American revolution is maybe the only thing that can save the world.
    Nothing can save the world.
    It will certainly end, as will we.
    I don’t normally reference “my” religion directly here, but it’s the bald truth - only Christ can save it, you, and me. And I mean completely restore and renew both it and us.

    In temporal terms, we are most likely sliding towards a new dark age. But for the Christian, it is not hopeless, or a final end, even for us. Or as Frodo and Sam said in LOTR, the Shadow is but a passing thing.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Corning, Нью-Йорк
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanked: 1011
    I can't see the land whales (male and female), eating their Hostess Twinkies, buying gigantic color TV's at Walmart, leading a new American revolution.

    What did GKC say about the coming age?
    I only drink on days ending in "y".

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,002
    Thanked: 901
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I can't see the land whales (male and female), eating their Hostess Twinkies, buying gigantic color TV's at Walmart, leading a new American revolution.

    What did GKC say about the coming age?
    “THE human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing
    at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it
    till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up.
    And one of the games to which it is most attached is called,
    "Keep to-morrow dark," and which is also named (by the rustics
    in Shropshire, I have no doubt) "Cheat the Prophet." The players
    listen very carefully and respectfully to all that the clever
    men have to say about what is to happen in the next generation.
    The players then wait until all the clever men are dead, and bury
    them nicely. They then go and do something else. That is all.
    For a race of simple tastes, however, it is great fun.”

    The whole chapter one is funny, the book is quite good, we need more Adam Waynes.
    http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc/books/Napo...tting_Hill.txt

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanked: 3690
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Nothing can save the world.
    It will certainly end, as will we.
    I don’t normally reference “my” religion directly here, but it’s the bald truth - only Christ can save it, you, and me. And I mean completely restore and renew both it and us.

    In temporal terms, we are most likely sliding towards a new dark age. But for the Christian, it is not hopeless, or a final end, even for us. Or as Frodo and Sam said in LOTR, the Shadow is but a passing thing.


    Yeah, I was talking to my son back in America a few months ago and he doesn't care about anything since he "found God, well except for God. You see all he wants now is to go to heaven. He has forgotten about everything else.

    Just because"we are all going to die someday" doesn't mean you should make a deal with the devil and decide to call it a draw. Too many people have lost all morals. I blame it on the US government, Obama, MSM, the Deep State and corporate America. They have been destroying children and the idea of family for a long time and for their own personal gain. It's starting to spread, even to Russia.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    rusmeister (03-12-2019)

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanked: 3690
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I can't see the land whales (male and female), eating their Hostess Twinkies, buying gigantic color TV's at Walmart, leading a new American revolution.

    What did GKC say about the coming age?





    You mean like this Antifa Twinkie?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,002
    Thanked: 901
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yeah, I was talking to my son back in America a few months ago and he doesn't care about anything since he "found God, well except for God. You see all he wants now is to go to heaven. He has forgotten about everything else.

    Just because"we are all going to die someday" doesn't mean you should make a deal with the devil and decide to call it a draw. Too many people have lost all morals. I blame it on the US government, Obama, MSM, the Deep State and corporate America. They have been destroying children and the idea of family for a long time and for their own personal gain. It's starting to spread, even to Russia.
    It looks like you’re reading into my words the idea that this world is altogether unimportant. I don’t think so or mean that. But I do think that there is a provable phenomenon called “sin” that is NOT an irrelevant religious idea, but the central fact of human behavior, which favors the self above others, even at the expense of others, that will result in an ultimate end to our story, unless....
    And it’s the same “unless” that Jonah of the Old Testament was ordered to inform the city of Ninevah about.

    There is a real and vital difference between a civilization that was never particularly Christian, and one that was, and abandoned it. The former is, in a sense, like a virgin, the latter like a divorcee. The reason public morality is being lost is, as Solzhenitsyn said at Harvard, “we have forgotten (the Christian) God”. So as GK Chesterton once said in answer to a question put out in a newspaper “What’s wrong with the world?, he famously answered,
    “Dear Sirs,
    I am.
    Sincerely yours,
    GK Chesterton”

    Or again, as Solzhenitsyn put it, “the line between good and evil runs through every human heart”.

    But people don’t want to hear it, even if it’s true. Because it would mean dethroning ourselves as our own gods unto ourselves, “the master of my fate, the captain of my soul”. And so, our choice of ourselves as our own gods dooms us. George Washington warned us in his Farewell Address, when he said that you cannot hope to maintain national morality in the exclusion of the religious principle, which is exactly what secular states do, taking Jefferson’s idea of “separation of church and state” much further than he ever envisioned.

    I don’t know about your son, either what vision he is following, or what authority over him and his beliefs he acknowledges, so I can’t comment one way or the other on that.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Corning, Нью-Йорк
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanked: 1011
    You guys are too pessimistic. "It's always darkest before the dawn", "the glass is half-full, not half-empty", and all that....

    Think how much progress humankind has made from cave-days. I read the old copies of the local newspaper from 150 years ago, there were shootings every weekend in a town that was 1/10 the size it is today, and today there is a shooting 3-4 times a year.
    The rate of murder, worldwide, has gone down a HUNDREDFOLD since ancient times.

    Granted that Gutenberg did not envision his printing press would be misused to print pornography, he was thinking ti would spread the good word of the Bible, but it was a flashlight to enable us to light our way out of the Dark Ages and was a pivotal point in enabling a Renaissance of knowledge and understanding. There was a huge increase in our ability to communicate with each other.

    And today, the computer and the internet, yes they are being badly misused and abused by the same old authoritarian types who would, as always, seek to control and manipulate us, but, it has also opened up hitherto unknown channels of communication leading to a greater global understanding among all countries and their populations. The floodgates are opening and there is no turning back. The Deep States and Swamps and Terrorists are making their last stands, backed up against the wall. Humanism, it is becoming clearer, is a dead-end side track for the advancement of civilization.

    I have it on good authority (my time-traveling friends tell me) that big changes are coming, a new paradigm...
    I only drink on days ending in "y".

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanked: 3690
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    You guys are too pessimistic. "It's always darkest before the dawn", "the glass is half-full, not half-empty", and all that....

    Think how much progress humankind has made from cave-days. I read the old copies of the local newspaper from 150 years ago, there were shootings every weekend in a town that was 1/10 the size it is today, and today there is a shooting 3-4 times a year.
    The rate of murder, worldwide, has gone down a HUNDREDFOLD since ancient times.

    Granted that Gutenberg did not envision his printing press would be misused to print pornography, he was thinking ti would spread the good word of the Bible, but it was a flashlight to enable us to light our way out of the Dark Ages and was a pivotal point in enabling a Renaissance of knowledge and understanding. There was a huge increase in our ability to communicate with each other.

    And today, the computer and the internet, yes they are being badly misused and abused by the same old authoritarian types who would, as always, seek to control and manipulate us, but, it has also opened up hitherto unknown channels of communication leading to a greater global understanding among all countries and their populations. The floodgates are opening and there is no turning back. The Deep States and Swamps and Terrorists are making their last stands, backed up against the wall. Humanism, it is becoming clearer, is a dead-end side track for the advancement of civilization.

    I have it on good authority (my time-traveling friends tell me) that big changes are coming, a new paradigm...



    We are still dying younger and living much less healthy lives than before, don't let the propaganda fool you.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •