littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: America will fall into civil war

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,971
    Thanked: 3723

    America will fall into civil war



    And then blame it on Russia.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,110
    Thanked: 5904
    I read yesterday that 25% of the world's prison population is imprisoned in the US of A..............................is that correct?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (25-11-2019), Uncle Wally (25-11-2019)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanked: 1064
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    I read yesterday that 25% of the world's prison population is imprisoned in the US of A..............................is that correct?
    If you add the number of people on probation or parole, it's probably higher.

    There is something wrong with this system. Well, more than one thing. For example, my friend's son (black) has been in and out (mostly in) jail for the past 2-3 years. It started when they caught him with a gun when he was 17. You have to be 18 or 21, I forget which, to carry concealed in Kansas, I think. Anyway, they did not charge him with a crime, they kept him in jail for a few months, then they put him in front of a judge who gave him probation. He got a job (I tried to set the kid up with an appointment to enlist in the Army, but he was having none of that.) He got a job at McDonalds, was fired, then got another job, but violated probation by not reporting to his probation officer. So he was put back in jail for another couple of months, and again not charged with a crime. Another spell of probation, and he was given psychiatric drugs as a condition of probation. When I talked to him he was weirdly, exuberantly "happy". Another job, another firing, sometimes he takes the meds, sometimes he doesn't, another violation of probation, back in jail. Recently he attacked another inmate, now they are charging him with serious crime.

    In my opinion, the state has more or less produced this "criminal." Okay, carrying a gun. Give him a month in jail. That's enough time to make a lasting impression, not enough to for him to decide to be permanently anti-social. And then he's out, it's over. But 2-3 years of confinement and release, mandated psychiatric drug treatment, sitting in jail next to real criminals for month after month, your liberties suspended with no promise of release until, unless you "prove" to the authorities that you fit for release - that is tantamount to torture, as far as I am concerned. All of that process for the original violation - carrying a concealed weapon.

    I had a cop tell me that one time. "Yeah, (so-and-so) was a tough guy, but we sent him up to (prison town) and he was okay after that. The harder they are, the more time we give them, and they always, in the end, (lose their toughness) decide to (rejoin society)."

    And my friend's father may be part of the problem. When I talked to him yesterday, he said, "They don't know how tough M- is." He said M's white stepmother and M used to argue a lot. But arguing with your stepmother, and "winning" is a lot different than spending time in the hoosegow (arguing with the law) and becoming a loser. "Toughness' is not the same as "integrity."

    My point is the American "criminal justice system" is corrupt. It does not seem to be overly concerned with producing, through rehabilitation or lock-up, useful socialized citizens. It is a complex of lawyers, judges, police, and other law-enforcement associated personnel who claim they are the experts in this field, their leaders educated in sociology, criminology and psychology, and no one else can dispute their expert methods. It, like other large organizations, is after money and power - higher salaries, more power. They are interested in producing more of what they handle - criminals, so they can then go to the taxpayers and say, "Look, there are more criminals. We need more money and more power to handle this problem. And you have to trust us, and only us, to handle the lawless - we are the educated experts in dealing with these problems."
    If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (25-11-2019)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,971
    Thanked: 3723


    Cops are nothing but criminals
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,971
    Thanked: 3723



    I find it funny that the cop keeps telling this guy to "calm down" when it's the cops that need to calm down. This kind of stuff happens many times a day every day. Shoot first ask questions later.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,025
    Thanked: 915
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    If you add the number of people on probation or parole, it's probably higher.

    There is something wrong with this system. Well, more than one thing. For example, my friend's son (black) has been in and out (mostly in) jail for the past 2-3 years. It started when they caught him with a gun when he was 17. You have to be 18 or 21, I forget which, to carry concealed in Kansas, I think. Anyway, they did not charge him with a crime, they kept him in jail for a few months, then they put him in front of a judge who gave him probation. He got a job (I tried to set the kid up with an appointment to enlist in the Army, but he was having none of that.) He got a job at McDonalds, was fired, then got another job, but violated probation by not reporting to his probation officer. So he was put back in jail for another couple of months, and again not charged with a crime. Another spell of probation, and he was given psychiatric drugs as a condition of probation. When I talked to him he was weirdly, exuberantly "happy". Another job, another firing, sometimes he takes the meds, sometimes he doesn't, another violation of probation, back in jail. Recently he attacked another inmate, now they are charging him with serious crime.

    In my opinion, the state has more or less produced this "criminal." Okay, carrying a gun. Give him a month in jail. That's enough time to make a lasting impression, not enough to for him to decide to be permanently anti-social. And then he's out, it's over. But 2-3 years of confinement and release, mandated psychiatric drug treatment, sitting in jail next to real criminals for month after month, your liberties suspended with no promise of release until, unless you "prove" to the authorities that you fit for release - that is tantamount to torture, as far as I am concerned. All of that process for the original violation - carrying a concealed weapon.

    I had a cop tell me that one time. "Yeah, (so-and-so) was a tough guy, but we sent him up to (prison town) and he was okay after that. The harder they are, the more time we give them, and they always, in the end, (lose their toughness) decide to (rejoin society)."

    And my friend's father may be part of the problem. When I talked to him yesterday, he said, "They don't know how tough M- is." He said M's white stepmother and M used to argue a lot. But arguing with your stepmother, and "winning" is a lot different than spending time in the hoosegow (arguing with the law) and becoming a loser. "Toughness' is not the same as "integrity."

    My point is the American "criminal justice system" is corrupt. It does not seem to be overly concerned with producing, through rehabilitation or lock-up, useful socialized citizens. It is a complex of lawyers, judges, police, and other law-enforcement associated personnel who claim they are the experts in this field, their leaders educated in sociology, criminology and psychology, and no one else can dispute their expert methods. It, like other large organizations, is after money and power - higher salaries, more power. They are interested in producing more of what they handle - criminals, so they can then go to the taxpayers and say, "Look, there are more criminals. We need more money and more power to handle this problem. And you have to trust us, and only us, to handle the lawless - we are the educated experts in dealing with these problems."
    Take six minutes. Trust me.
    http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc/books/twelve-men.html

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanked: 1064
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    The "Criminal Justice System" in most places on this planet, could be dubbed a "System of Legalized Revenge."

    And all the King's horses, and electronic-super-snooping squad cars, and SWAT teams, and armored patrolmen, and sociologists and psychiatric medications, don't make it one bit better.
    If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,110
    Thanked: 5904
    I read that the penal system is run like a business with some States raising the majority of income from the prisons and keeping employment figures high by employing staff who plough their hard earned money back into local businesses...........

    It seems that they are more interested in making money than in rehabilitating the offenders.

    I guess that re-offending is profitable business for the State?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (26-11-2019)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,025
    Thanked: 915
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    The "Criminal Justice System" in most places on this planet, could be dubbed a "System of Legalized Revenge."

    And all the King's horses, and electronic-super-snooping squad cars, and SWAT teams, and armored patrolmen, and sociologists and psychiatric medications, don't make it one bit better.
    I was responding to your reasonable complaint against "experts" in justice. Have you taken the six or so minutes to read the essay on that?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (26-11-2019)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    12,971
    Thanked: 3723
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    I read yesterday that 25% of the world's prison population is imprisoned in the US of A..............................is that correct?

    I wouldn't doubt that. With most prisons being privately owned it pays to put you away.

    Kids for cash
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ribery-scandal
    Last edited by Uncle Wally; 25-11-2019 at 20:06.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (25-11-2019)

  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dinskaya, Krasnodarskiy Kray, Russia
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    I read yesterday that 25% of the world's prison population is imprisoned in the US of A..............................is that correct?
    Not according to the numbers in the link from Uncle Wally. However, the US prison population does still represent a significant proportion of the world’s figure. What is interesting, to my eyes anyway, is that a country like China, which always seems to be criticized for locking its citizens up, only has 75% of the US’ number, yet its population is 5 times greater than that of the USA.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (26-11-2019)

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,110
    Thanked: 5904
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Not according to the numbers in the link from Uncle Wally. However, the US prison population does still represent a significant proportion of the world’s figure. What is interesting, to my eyes anyway, is that a country like China, which always seems to be criticized for locking its citizens up, only has 75% of the US’ number, yet its population is 5 times greater than that of the USA.
    May be because China does not declare the correct numbers?

    In fact, we probably do not even know the correct number of prisons operating in China................
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (27-11-2019), Uncle Wally (27-11-2019)

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,031
    Thanked: 1064
    And in China, the government tracks you on the internet, even gives you a score for your "social worth" - your value to society. You are constantly in sort of a "virtual" prison.
    If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (27-11-2019), Uncle Wally (27-11-2019)

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,110
    Thanked: 5904
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    And in China, the government tracks you on the internet, even gives you a score for your "social worth" - your value to society. You are constantly in sort of a "virtual" prison.
    Are you by anyway inferring that other countries, including Western so called democracies, do not also track 'you' on the internet and allocate a range of scores?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (30-11-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •