littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Where to buy Oral-B mechanical toothbrush with the double head brush?

Where to buy Oral-B mechanical toothbrush with the double head brush?

All I see from Yandex is listings for the single head:

https://market.yandex.ru/catalog--el...offers-first=0

But I want something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=oral-b+el...rice-desc-rank

I wonder if the one made with the NEMA (115V) plug would work in the Russian Schuko (230V) with a simple plug adapter (i.e., but same voltage).

Sometimes you have to go into the store.

I looked all over for sonic care replacement heads but couldn't find them. Then, I was buying a new fridge n was like, hahaha, can I order these toothbrush heads as well n the guy was like, sure! When do u want them? And do u want children or adult sizes? Two days later, new heads!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    I wonder if the one made with the NEMA (115V) plug would work in the Russian Schuko (230V) with a simple plug adapter (i.e., but same voltage).
    Be careful, my blonde (in spirit) wife melted our oral b toothbrushes because she didn't even think about voltage and plugged them in to charge with a simple adapter!

Just remember, the tolerance of your item should go up to or above the Russian level to be OK with using a simple adapter (vs. a converter). E.g., I can plug my laptop charger in with a simple adapter, because the charger block is good for something like 110-240v.
    But I would still highly recommend using a surge protector instead of plugging straight into the wall socket!!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Be careful, my blonde (in spirit) wife melted our oral b toothbrushes because she didn't even think about voltage and plugged them in to charge with a simple adapter!

Just remember, the tolerance of your item should go up to or above the Russian level to be OK with using a simple adapter (vs. a converter). E.g., I can plug my laptop charger in with a simple adapter, because the charger block is good for something like 110-240v.
    But I would still highly recommend using a surge protector instead of plugging straight into the wall socket!!
    I have a number of converters of different sizes, depending on what I'm doing.

OK, it's not like computer adapters in that it takes any voltage; only a few models take all voltage, and of course, they are ridiculously expensive. I guess I'll just get another brush (mine seems to be quite weak, with its age) and use the double-head brush that I will take with me for my next stay in Russia. Oral-B claims that any brush fits, but I seem to recall reading that the ones made for the double brush work better than those made for the single brush.