littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: have anything to hide? take the bus, tram but not the Metro?

have anything to hide? take the bus, tram but not the Metro?

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/...etworks-a68139

sounds interesting? but they have cameras in ALL public transport. wonder if they are also connected? though i do not mind. if it makes the town and transport safer, good for it. i suppose the article in the MT is just for sensation catching.
    Cameras in public transport are being used for much more - mundane - purposes.
    In Germany and Austria the subway is being closely monitored.
    And i assume also in other countries. And it was for instance in Germany, some scum - just for fun - pushed down people for no reason down the stairs or even in front of incoming trains. The scoundrels was caught after police were examine thousands of hours of CCTV. To bad, sending the scumbags peeling potatoes in Siberia, is not an option for German law enforcement....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

They always say "This will increase PUBLIC SAFETY and protect us from CRIMINALS. " No, what they really want is not your protection, but your money.

"By 2020, the technology will go much deeper, identifying passengers entering the Metro and taking payments directly from their bank accounts before issuing them tickets."

So you will not buy a ticket, the system will scan your face, and deduct the money from your bank account. They will link the bank database with the face database.

"Soon, courtesy of a program announced last year by Russia’s Central Bank, facial recognition software will govern consumer access to bank branches, online banking and government services like the processing of taxes, social security payments and passport renewals across the entire country."

Good grief.

The enemy of the people is the government.
    I only drink on days ending in "y".

Cameras in Moscow are every where. Each entrance to every building has two cameras. One outside, one inside. Every street has cameras, and not just one. Take a walk and count them. It will blow your mind. You can walk the same stretch of street for a month and still find new ones. The trans and buses also have cameras and they are used. Inspectors monitor them to see who pays fares and who doesn't. My kid was caught this way. He has a student pass so it didn't matter, but he was still threatened, like, literally threatened violence by the inspectors.

every entrance in our apartement buildings has a WORKING camera. out on to the children's playground there are four. and that is good so.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....