littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Celebrating Thanksgiving in Moscow

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanked: 915

    Celebrating Thanksgiving in Moscow

    Anyone know any good options in Moscow for celebrating Thanksgiving? A family option would be nice as I and the wife and kids want to meet up with (childless) friends, and none of us wants to do the massive amount of cooking or cleaning that is involved, LOL! (I think they have slowly been getting the idea of the amount of work and mess that goes into child-rearing!)

    I have done a quick Google search with limited results (
    https://www.gastronom.ru/text/den-bl...moskvy-1002927
    ), and figured what better place to turn to than my friends here at expat.ru, for timely, pertinent advice? Thank you!
    Last edited by nicklcool; 11-11-2019 at 22:33. Reason: Added website
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,169
    Thanked: 4395
    your best bet will be the - American - run hotels and chains. Hilton,Hyatt, Holiday Inn. Something weird DID happen indeed. At not one of their sites did i find at least some information about Thanksgiving. Or the link just did not open. though there is one place that sounds interesting.https://yellow.place/en/e/bar-bq-caf...a-201711231800

    by the way, if you want to celebrate NEW YEAR in style, high time to book.. https://newyearseveeventsparty.com/e...russia/moscow/
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (12-11-2019)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanked: 915
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    your best bet will be the - American - run hotels and chains. Hilton,Hyatt, Holiday Inn. Something weird DID happen indeed. At not one of their sites did i find at least some information about Thanksgiving. Or the link just did not open. though there is one place that sounds interesting.https://yellow.place/en/e/bar-bq-caf...a-201711231800

    by the way, if you want to celebrate NEW YEAR in style, high time to book.. https://newyearseveeventsparty.com/e...russia/moscow/

    Thanks for sharing, Benedikt! The American hotel chain idea is a good one!

    I just called this restaurant and no one's answering :'( , and the latest tripadvisor review claims that they're closed, LOL: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...al_Russia.html
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    903
    Thanked: 485
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Benedikt! The American hotel chain idea is a good one!

    I just called this restaurant and no one's answering :'( , and the latest tripadvisor review claims that they're closed, LOL: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...al_Russia.html
    Expat Moscow Facebook group for this type of question bro, they have the better, more correct answers.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (12-11-2019)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    20,169
    Thanked: 4395
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Expat Moscow Facebook group for this type of question bro, they have the better, more correct answers.
    unfortunately it does happen. you visit a place one week. and the next week they are closed .and the week after they open, same people, same management, just a different name...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (12-11-2019)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    903
    Thanked: 485
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    unfortunately it does happen. you visit a place one week. and the next week they are closed .and the week after they open, same people, same management, just a different name...
    Lol. For some reason, I get the feeling this thread is about the blind leading the blind. Or two blind guys describing an elephant. It has a big long wormy rough nose! No, it has a huge heavy foot! :b

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (13-11-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •