littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody, receiving a state British pension living in Russia?

confused

Bigbear, does the UK think you are living in Luxemburg, being listed, and where you will get the rise from a British pension. But, if you are known to live in Russia your pension will be frozen at the rate of your first payment. The only info I have is that Russia is not officially listed in the gov websites. I still haven't managed to search and find info to clarify Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimpson View Post
    BigHear, you can have a dollar and GBP account in your Bank, or at least you can with Unicredit. I assume that would include Euro account. I have experienced payments received but not in state pension. I will have to wait two years ffor that as the pension age is now 66, and it looks even that will be raised later. I'd asume you have bank costs for transfer.
    I have a rouble and a euro account with Sberbank. I opened the euro account because at the time the rouble was fairly weak against it (+/-85 roubles for 1 euro) and the reports that I was reading were predicting that it would fall to somewhere between 100 and 120 by mid-2020. So much for investment bank research! However, it does pay more interest than my euro account in Luxembourg, so I keep it anyway.

The transfers from my bank in Luxembourg are always in euro. If I transfer to my rouble account, Sberbank converts automatically. I donít transfer a lot each month (Ä2000) and my bank charges me Ä50 for the payment. I donít know if Sberbank also take charges - they don't provide a detailed enough credit advice. The transfer is sameday.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimpson View Post
    Bigbear, does the UK think you are living in Luxemburg, being listed, and where you will get the rise from a British pension. But, if you are known to live in Russia your pension will be frozen at the rate of your first payment. The only info I have is that Russia is not officially listed in the gov websites. I still haven't managed to search and find info to clarify Russia.
    No, I was honest with them and they know I live in Russia. The increases I was referring to were to the pension I receive from Luxembourg, since I spent the last 20 or so years of my working life there. My UK pension is frozen, as you say. In my case, since I only worked for about 6 years in the UK, and that was right at the beginning of my working life, the amount I receive is small anyway, so the fact that I don’t benefit from any increases doesn’t impact me very much, at least for the time being.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

johnsimpson (16-11-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12