littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Tram sleepers made of plastic bottles, containers and the likes... sounds good to me!

Tram sleepers made of plastic bottles, containers and the likes... sounds good to me!

Tram sleepers made of plastic will appear at the metro "Shchukinskaya" and Strogino "
    Plastic tram sleepers are planned to be laid on several road sections of the North-Western District of Moscow. They are made from bottles, containers and other waste, and their service life is almost 50 years.

According to the chief engineer of Mosgortrans Pavel Khmelev, supports for rails made of composite materials are much stronger than wooden ones, in addition, they do not need to be impregnated with tar tar to prevent decay.

- New sleepers will be laid mainly in areas with turns. In particular - near the "Shchukinskaya" and "Strogino" on Novoshchukinskaya and Zhivopisnaya streets, as well as on the Stroginsky highway. Also, such sleepers will appear in the Eastern District near the metro station Preobrazhenskaya Square, on the Ismailovsky Highway, Semenovskaya Square. In total this year in Moscow it is planned to lay about 18 thousand composite sleepers, ”Khmelev said.

He also added that now the tram tracks are being equipped with special vibration-proof mats during repairs. Thanks to their use, vibration during the movement of the tram is reduced by 30% and its course becomes quieter. This is especially true on those routes that pass near the facades of residential buildings.
    (translated from my knock and drop newspaper https://szaopressa.ru/tramvajnye-shp...yatsya-v-szao/)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Trams are a pest for cars. Moscow will be jammed even more.

I've seen boats made from plastic bottles.
    https://youtu.be/LAbFGixLhz8

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Trams are a pest for cars. Moscow will be jammed even more.
    Most of tram lines do not interfere with car traffic. because they are running in their own space. And more often then not, it is the cars who are holding up the trams. because they are taking short cuts, thinking they will be faster, or more clever, driving where the trams are going...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....