littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: these 3 - lost - American - diplomats -, a more stupid reply the US Embassy could not find?

these 3 - lost - American - diplomats -, a more stupid reply the US Embassy could not find?

they wanted to go to Arkhangelsk and got maybe lost.... an even more stupid explaination the USA could not find? ( this was a long distance train were tickets, as we all know, are being checked already before - boarding- by a conductor. and they for sure would have told the -diplomats- that THIS train will not get them to Arkhangelsk... and special when there are foreigners are on board, the conductor will come to the coupe and tell you when it is time to get off....)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-ou...210442980.html ( russian langauge)
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-st...122102382.html ( english langauge)

Military diplomats? first time i have heard such a term used....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    they wanted to go to Arkhangelsk and got maybe lost.... an even more stupid explaination the USA could not find? ( this was a long distance train were tickets, as we all know, are being checked already before - boarding- by a conductor. and they for sure would have told the -diplomats- that THIS train will not get them to Arkhangelsk... and special when there are foreigners are on board, the conductor will come to the coupe and tell you when it is time to get off....)

In the English article, it is the Russian foreign ministry that uses the term lost, not the US.

Are you reading some other article?

Beciase the stupid explanation sounds like your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    In the English article, it is the Russian foreign ministry that uses the term lost, not the US.

It's not good to comment at 4am when you've been up all night drinking. On a Thursday/ Friday no less.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (18-10-2019)

i read it first in my Austrian newspapers, but because few understand German,I then look for Russian and English langauge links. Maybe in the translation THERE somethign was missed or mistranslated?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It's not good to comment at 4am when you've been up all night drinking. On a Thursday/ Friday no less.
    You would know, I presume.

Not drinking.

And the point stands. The "I suppose they got lost" comment was from the Russian foreign ministry (a joke).

https://ria.ru/20191017/1559879938.html

So it was not a stupid reply by the Americans.

And Ben: don't know what language you read in, but "military diplomats" is very much a thing, but termed military attachés.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_attach%C3%A9

And Ben: don't know what language you read in, but "military diplomats" is very much a thing, but termed military attachés.

https://www.rbc.ru/ i got it from here. and it was worded - military diplomats -. that much i can read, even at 4 in the morning. when i do most of my reading...
    the link is gone because they change the headlines every 30 minutes.and i have no - account - to get into the archive to get to older news.

https://www.rbc.ru/ i got it from here. and it was worded - military diplomats -. that much i can read, even at 4 in the morning. when i do most of my reading...
    the link is gone because they change the headlines every 30 minutes.and i have no - account - to get into the archive to get to older news.
    I won't dispute what you read, but the term in Russian is based on (as in English) the French term, военный атташе (as in German, Militärattache, according to the web translators anyway), although similar expressions like 'military officer accredited to the US embassy' or 'with diplomatic status' or various similar formulations are used in Russian and other languages.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

"Military Diplomats" ? They are bearing "Peaceful Weapons" ?
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    "Military Diplomats" ? They are bearing "Peaceful Weapons" ?
    Clearly:
    https://washington.mid.ru/en/embassy...c-composition/

I count five colonels and three majors (assuming naval captain = colonel and lt cmdr = major).

Clearly:

I count five colonels and three majors (assuming naval captain = colonel and lt cmdr = major).
    What have Russian Military Attaches accredited to the US of A got to do with the 'geographically misplaced' US Military Attaches?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-10-2019), Uncle Wally (19-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    What have Russian Military Attaches accredited to the US of A got to do with the 'geographically misplaced' US Military Attaches?
    Dude, seriously?

I'll type real slowly so you can understand the first time.

Benefit was surprised that America has something called a "military diplomat". Wally chimes in with a snide comment. Benedikt feigns innocence and doubles down by saying he reads news in three languages. Armoured correctly points out it's a real thing, not something made up. Even in other languages. He posts proof that Russia also has this job posting and even who they are. Interociter makes a funny joke. You pretend to not understand what is going on.

What did I miss?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Armoured (18-10-2019), bydand (19-10-2019), nicklcool (18-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Dude, seriously?

Benefit was surprised that America has something called a "military diplomat". Wally chimes in with a snide comment. Benedikt feigns innocence and doubles down by saying he reads news in three languages. Armoured correctly points out it's a real thing, not something made up. Even in other languages. He posts proof that Russia also has this job posting and even who they are. Interociter makes a funny joke. You pretend to not understand what is going on.

What did I miss?
    You left out ben mocking the 'stupid' response of Americans that they were lost, when he missed that the lost comment was from a sarcastic Russian foreign ministry spokes thingy and not from the Americans at all.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (18-10-2019), bydand (19-10-2019), nicklcool (19-10-2019)

You left out ben mocking the 'stupid' response of Americans that they were lost, when he missed that the lost comment was from a sarcastic Russian foreign ministry spokes thingy and not from the Americans at all.
    Sorry boss, I did miss that part, won't happen again!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Armoured (18-10-2019)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Clearly:

Clear. What's not clear is your understanding of parody and satire.

"Diplomacy" is the contrapositive of "war". A diplomat is not a warrior.

When one claims that a warrior is a diplomat, then one is engaged in hyperbole.

Examples of such hyperbole and perversion of the English language are labeling the Pentagon as the "The Department of Defense". (It was renamed in the 1930's from the more apt moniker "The War Department").

Or NATO supplying Kiev with "defensive weapons" (an oxymoronic phrase) such as anti-tank missiles and rifles for snipers.
    If you can't be smart, be the least stupid one in the room!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (19-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Dude, seriously?

What did I miss?
    Why can't Ben be surprised? It sounds stupid on the face of it, military diplomat? People in the military are not "diplomats" or are we talking about the men who used to get back from enemy lines tied to their horse with their head cut off, after asking them to surrender? Armored only hates Ben and had a hair up his ass. At least Russia had a funny/joking response, unlike the US government would have. Amored and all like him fail to see that he and all like him got Trump elected. Trump is not the problem, he is the response to a corrupt US government. The mainstream media is lying to us, some want to believe but they are the cowards who will lose.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-10-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast