littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Exchange 500K Euro CASH To USD CASH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exchange 500K Euro CASH To USD CASH

Hello, there are lot of of exchange in Moscow, for this amount of money should I work with exchange or I have to go with Bank?
    Also is passport enough only?

Naw, I got u bro if all u need is this small change.

Where do u want to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hello, there are lot of of exchange in Moscow, for this amount of money should I work with exchange or I have to go with Bank?
    Rates and offices of non-backbone banks are at cash.rbc.ru. But they all will do it via RUB.
    Also, Moscow is considered to be a safe city in general, but carrying 50 "cotelettes" there and here looks rather risky, at least for me.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Thx,I can hire a bodyguard for that, But I need exchange euro cash for usd cash, I dont want Ruble, any idea?

Thx,I can hire a bodyguard for that, But I need exchange euro cash for usd cash, I dont want Ruble, any idea?
    I think what FatAndy meant is that they will exchange euro for dollar, but they'll do it (virtually) via rubles, as if you want euros to rubles to dollars. It just means it'll cost you a bit more.

(To be fair, banks almost everywhere would do it this way, whether required to or not, they don't really do cross-exchanges. YOu may be able to negotiate a better cross-rate but teh bigger issue is likely doing it all cash).

For that amount of cash, you should expect to have to give some fairly detailed explanations as to the source of the funds and possibly the intended use. Like most countries in the world, Russia has laws on money laundering that place the burden of the checks on the institutions performing the transactions.
    The Federal law 115-FZ states, for example, that...
    Article 6. Transactions in monetary funds or other assets subject to compulsory control

1. A transaction in monetary funds or other assets shall be subject to compulsory control, if the amount thereof is equal to or exceeds 600,000 rubles, or is equal to the amount in foreign currency equivalent to 600,000 rubles or exceeds it, and by its character this transaction refers to one of the following types of the transaction:
    1) transactions in monetary funds in cash:
    the withdrawal of money in cash from the account of a legal person or the entering of money in cash in the account of a legal person unless this is stipulated by the nature of its economic activity;
    the purchase or sale of foreign currencies in cash by a natural person.

Note that transactions for larger amounts are not forbidden, but the implication is that the greater the amount, the greater the amount of due diligence required.

for that money i rather stick to the law. it is for sure safer. did you bring the money In and want it exchanged or did you sell something in Russia and want the sum exchanged?
    since there is no info about the circumstances how you acquired that money, it is also impossible to advise.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....